Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted some of the stuff in the schoolcar conductor thread. School Car has been good. They will give you the real about the dangers if you aren't focused. They are really hard about safety, and will show you the proper way to do things. If you have you're rule book, read them now so you can be familiar with it.

Also, any questions you have, get a little pad, and right them down. Wait till a TSS or someone else FINISHED explaining what they're talking about, once they ask if anyone has any questions, then u can look through your questions that you have ready. Reason for this is transit employees go through this every day with classes, they may have your question ready to be answered before you even ask. Once you start blurting out questions, kinda slows down whatever explanation they may be doing at the moment. They have certain steps they have to go through to explain something, and may come to your answer. 

Also, SAFEGUARD you're equipment and ALWAYS keep an eye on your stuff. 2 people almost lost their flashlights on the first day.

Also, no matter what, if someone tells you to open the doors, POINT TO THE BOARD FIRST.

@prince718, she wasn't in Friday,so I left her a voicemail..so let's see what happens this week

@ worldsgreatestsorter, thanks for the update and continue to wish you the best of luck...how many locations do you go to for school car?

@prince718, she wasn't in Friday,so I left her a voicemail..so let's see what happens this week

@ worldsgreatestsorter, thanks for the update and continue to wish you the best of luck...how many locations do you go to for school car?

Thanks. I've been to 3 different yard's so far with many more to go

I believe it's the number I gave you....

3 different yards?...whoa!!! So everyday they tell you to meet them somewhere different, or is it a week here, a week there?...do you go to more yards cause of the division you picked? Which yards are for A division?

You get a schedule of where you will be everyday. Sometimes you may go to the same yards more than once. I'm in A division, ive been to Corona Yards (7 Train) Livonia Yards (3 Train) and East 180th Street (2, 5 Train). There's more yards to go to. 207th street, Westchester Square, 241st, and a few others in the Bronx. 

Well I hope we both get what we want...lol

If not, who cares, as long as we're in there...lol

They need to fix the times...the post tines in here are totally wrong....it's actually 11:30pm...it's saying 4 something AM..SMH,LOL

Archived