Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

The sanitation test hasn't moved in a while.. The list is still stuck at number 647.5

Yeah, sanitation is one of the slowest moving lists I have ever seen. Let's hope the conductor does not suffer the same fate. The sanitation list has moved so little, there are still people who scored OVER 100 waiting to be called.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, sanitation is one of the slowest moving lists I have ever seen. Let's hope the conductor does not suffer the same fate. The sanitation list has moved so little, there are still people who scored OVER 100 waiting to be called.

How are you going to compare the two tests? Something like 55,000 people took the sanitation test. No where near the same number of people who took the C/R test..

How are you going to compare the two tests? Something like 55,000 people took the sanitation test. No where near the same number of people who took the C/R test..

You can compare them because lots of people took both. Maybe more took the sanitation, but having over 12000 people on a list is still a lot for a DCAS exam. I don't know the exact amount of people that took the c/r exam, but if this thread or any other c/r thread means anything then lots took it going by the amount of views and posts over the last two and a half years.

When will the 2nd classs of condcutors from the O/C list start training? The first one starts at the end of June? Anyone have a schedule of future classes after that one?

are you shure that the first class starts at the end of June or is it a question?

There is no real schedule. Ideally they'll call 40 to 100 people every month as needed.

According to DCAS there are over 14000 people on the O/C conductor list, and 400 #'s have been sent to the MTA . I would say that's a good start. The ball is rolling it will be an interesting next 7 months.

:tup:

According to DCAS there are over 14000 people on the O/C conductor list, and 400 #'s have been sent to the MTA . I would say that's a good start. The ball is rolling it will be an interesting next 7 months.

:tup:

Thx for sharing that Postal. However, people already know that and have been talking about it for days.

When will the 2nd classs of condcutors from the O/C list start training? The first one starts at the end of June? Anyone have a schedule of future classes after that one?

are you shure that the first class starts at the end of June or is it a question?

The current schedule has 40 starting the last Monday of June and 30 starting the last Monday of July. That is as far as the hiring plan has been announced.

Anyone know if the entire medical physical done the same day of the drug test, hearing, visual,bp or would they call you back to complete it

Bringing in pre-employment application and paper work and urine are done the same day. If your background and urine check you will be called in for the medical and final processing the same day.

hey guys. i just checked the mail today and received a pre-employment date for this coming tuesday...i'm 10* on the list. anyone know what to expect that day? what is the hiring process like? should i expect a psych, medical, and thorough background check? i'm currently processed for NYPD so i might turn the position down. any idea when they plan on hiring?

hey guys. i just checked the mail today and received a pre-employment date for this coming tuesday...i'm 10* on the list. anyone know what to expect that day? what is the hiring process like? should i expect a psych, medical, and thorough background check? i'm currently processed for NYPD so i might turn the position down. any idea when they plan on hiring?

NYPD is much better pay and much better treatment. I would go for the NYPD if I were in your position. And Transit "screening" is nothing like the NYPD. It is a much lower scale of looking into you.

Raddu347, Congrats..Is your list # 100 or higher? Just trying to get an idea of what # they are at as far as pre employment letter goes.

Raddu347, Congrats..Is your list # 100 or higher? Just trying to get an idea of what # they are at as far as pre employment letter goes.

yes, my list number is higher than 100, less than 110. since the NYPD class is going in july, i'm hoping to be in that class...guess i'll ask when they're planning on hiring a class for the conductor when i go for the pre-employment on tuesday.

yes, my list number is higher than 100, less than 110. since the NYPD class is going in july, i'm hoping to be in that class...guess i'll ask when they're planning on hiring a class for the conductor when i go for the pre-employment on tuesday.

It's obvious you are 103, and don't be so paranoid. No one can take your place because you were finger printed when you took the test, and someone would have to have your note with them. As for the classes for conductor, there is a chance you could be in the class at the end of June, but you could also be in the one at the end of July so you might as well do the police because by the time you are ready to start conductor, you should get called up for the NYPD. If you have no intention on doing C/R because you want to be a police officer, then leave the space open so that someone that wants C/R can take it. You going into school car just to leave right away does no one any good.

Are you going to NYPD to be a Police Officer or something else?.

I remember when I was in John Jay college for about 2 years one of the things I clearly noticed from my first week is that almost everyone that gets into law enforcement is very enthusiastic about it and can't wait to get their gloves dirty on the field. The police officer crowd was very gung-ho and couldn't care less about doing anything else regardless of compensation. That was about 10 years ago when a person needed i think about 80-120 college credits to qualify for the police academy, is that still the case?

Archived