Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, i passed my practical..i thought i failed. But i got the go ahead. Today was the first day i went posting. I was on the 6 Line...and i had 3 round trips for the day. I must tell you,working with the 62s is a LOT harder when your new. Because, you have to make your announcements. Thing is, School Car teaches you rules and procedures. When you get out on that road, you'll find out everything is about time. You think to yourself, how can i do these procedures, yet at the same time your being called on the radio asking why are you behind schedule. My trainer had to take over for me lol. All of the new people....PRACTICE your announcements NOW. I mean, chances are you might get a 142. But if you don't it makes it harder. I know we're new and you have a chance to make small mistakes. But the time passes by quick and then you're on your own. If your on that 62 and forget your next station, you dont have the person next to you letting you know what it is. What i did, in that little brown book they gave me, i wrote my stations down along with transfer points. I leave it in my shirt pocket and can easily look down to see what my next stations are gonna be, and can also write next to it little notes about the station, or things i need to know. You don't wanna carry all them pieces of paper (the strip map) fumbling through it. I was lucky enough to get a 142 for my next 2 trips which simplified a LOT. I was able to focus more on the doors. But my instructor gave me some praise.

Also, your class is going to be your friends for the future. After passing the practical, i didnt think i would really talk to my classmates since we're moving on. But i find myself texting them during lunch and after work to see how they did for the day. Cuz, when you get to the crew rooms, everyone knows everyone almost. They share their stories, and you have no one to really do that with. You'll be doing that with your classmates through text of whatever you experienced through the day. One day you'll bump into them again while your waiting on a platform and they lower that window to point. Or even at a transfer point and their train pulls up across the platform from yours. I'm just sayin. 

Yea they are on the 7 some of them R188 are conversions from the R142. I just want to know from a conducter point of view that are the control panels are the same. Cant wait to get call for my physical so i can learn how to use these equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my uniforms!!!! Glad to see you all at Corona...again, good luck to you all....@WGS CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for the info....your almost done!!!!!

@Vee @everyone.... Goodmorning all! I got my uniforms also. Now I'm official like a referee with a whistle!!!! Have good day y'all

Lol am i the only left on this topic have not got called to start the physical where are my other fellow people.

And @vee,brown and those who are in from april and may class congrats

We turned some keys today! Still in class on break now really digging this job!!What's up veeWhat's up veeWhat's up brownhornet78 ?

@Waddup Tim!!!! Waddup everyone. Yeah I'm loving it. We were reading iron and going over signals today.... Loving it too!!

@r160 your not alone im still waiting to be called for DT. At least your a step closer than I am. Good luck to ya an evryone else thats already in class. But I agree r160 we need information from those that have not been called. But I think the main group on this forum are all in already

@the kid yea is true but we need more of us that are waiting to gather info . I try not to call and keep my self occupied. Keep my mind off of it. Is kind of hard to when my 3 year old son loves train so that does not help me keep my mind off of it lol.

hi tim:-) ....and everyone else...on my lunch break....we did our emergency walk, through the tunnels, walked over the third rail, i was scared but you get used to it...we climbed onto the train and learned about circuit breakers...its been a long good day...still not over...

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Hey R160RR thekiday, im here and still waiting to be called for physical. Im calling Ms S. tomorrow and will post whats what. You know how this works..some day this will be a distant memory...

Archived