Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hi everyone,

Well today was the last day of school car...it has been a journey. Tomorrow is my first day on the road, I'm excited and nervous at the same time....to everyone just getting into school car or any future classes, first, NEVER BE LATE, EVER!!!! Read your materials, form a study group with your classmates, practice your announcements, and ask all the questions you can think of....the TSS's are there to help, they will assist you the best way they can, but you have to do your part...read,read,read!!!! You might feel a little intimidated, but don't give up, your gonna make it !!!! Good luck, and best wishes to you all...be easy

I'm curious for your yard practical how many errors did you have to fix for the terminal procedure portion? Like did they pull the EBV cord or turn off any circuits for you that you had to fix? I know it won't all be done exactly the same but I'm curious as to how yours went.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hows everyone i went to final processing yesterday so im officaly in the june 30th class. I have a question during the class is the instructor going to use the rules and regulation book or they going to use a different book. I just want to know cause i want to higlight some things

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

@R160RR there going to use the blue rule book but your going to get another book of rules (bulletins).Read but don't kill yourself relax your mind! Congrats welcome aboard!

@R160RR there going to use the blue rule book but your going to get another book of rules (bulletins).Read but don't kill yourself relax your mind! Congrats welcome aboard!

I was wondering are the class rooms at the transit school air conditioned? It's summer and it's going to get hotter.

For the most part yes but you will be walking across tracks a lot and sweat doing so. Be aware entering some trains will be very warn entering them or you may be on trains with malfunctions but that can still be used for demonstrating purposes.

Good luck Far Rock Depot: I went down the other day for medical and final processing. I am in the June 30 class as well. Be very careful how you answer those medical questions.... The doctor tried to put words into my mouth because I listed that I have 2 drinks per week, they try to twist your words around. I am also older 45+ and looking very forward to this class... Hope you do well this day.

good luck you guys...you will probably meet and be in the same class..your all gonna go through the motions together, if one moves left,we all move left, lol. IJS, your going to develope bonds with your classmates, your with them every single day,going through the same nervousness and anxiety...be supportive of one another...its going to be a journey, one with great rewards at the end....good luck, you guys should be on the road before the end of the summer... see u out there :-D

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

@tim, thanks hun....Congratulations to u as well...heard you should be on the road today..good luck ...we made it,huh Tim...lol. ..its been a journey and now we are here!!!! best wishes

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

@tim thank you. @ far rock just be honest like @weather be very careful. If you had any iniury or surgey in the past like i have i bought in a letter from my doctor that he clear me to work even though it was 5 years ago. Just relax i was nervous that day

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

@vee & brownhornet78 yes I aced my finals was on Delta today, everything was smooth!@brownhornet78 you will be ok! You was built for this!!

We did it!!! I sat on the board all day...

Oh one thing to note to whoever was Miss 3 days out... NEVER leave your train and let the operator go off with it unless it's at a terminal and it is going to the yard. Even then make sure ahead of time. I was one of the platform conductors who witnessed someone from the new class the other day who was really new leave the train, then the train took off and first thing is she called RCC and banged herself out stating there are people asking about directions (there were 3 platform conductors that day you should have asked first about that at least since they were there for those questions) at Bowling Green during the midnight tour then she stated her T/O told her to get off the train and left without her and she didn't know what to do (that part I dunno what to say). I hope she didn't get into too much trouble but it was definitely someone from this talkative class.

Archived