Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They most definitely do not use the whole list or anywhere close to it. Talk about what would be really scraping the bottom of the barrel. The folks who got mid 70s scores and "passed" can barely read or speak English....you don't want them anywhere near a train, or even a mop bucket (bleach and ammonia are dangerous things, after all) and that's saying something.

The list runs for a minimum of 4 years until they decide to give a new test, at which point the new list would go live more than 4 years after the first one was established.

Historically the first 2500-3500 people on a list could expect a call, although it's not guaranteed. This one looks like they may go a bit past that with list numbers, but I wouldn't venture by too far.

Well, I did a little bit of research and from http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/conductor-list-extended/article_86b6f61a-c63d-11e3-92bb-0017a43b2370.html, the list was established in May of 2011, therefore it definitely won't expire until May 2015 the earliest.

Now, according to post #3629 on page 363 of this topic, they are up to #2,643 and there are 14,880 eligible candidates, which means they are not even 1/4 done with the current list. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this does not expire until maybe the year 2019 or so...

Actually the list was scheduled to expire on Feb 2015 ever since it was established on Feb 2011. Just recently the list was extended another year and now it is scheduled to expire on Feb 2016. At the rate Transit is going they should easily reach almost 4000 names. Of course they could also just stop calling people altogether for a few months and then start again.

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. I've been on the job for nine months and it is been a blast and I'm still enjoying myself. did my first pick don't have weekends off anymore but that's the way to job goes it's a job with having

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. I've been on the job for nine months and it is been a blast and I'm still enjoying myself. did my first pick don't have weekends off anymore but that's the way to job goes it's a job with having

were you able to pick a job yet??

Well, I did a little bit of research and from http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/conductor-list-extended/article_86b6f61a-c63d-11e3-92bb-0017a43b2370.html, the list was established in May of 2011, therefore it definitely won't expire until May 2015 the earliest.

Now, according to post #3629 on page 363 of this topic, they are up to #2,643 and there are 14,880 eligible candidates, which means they are not even 1/4 done with the current list. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this does not expire until maybe the year 2019 or so...

I think there on hold right now no July class! They hired a out of conductors

I think there on hold right now no July class! They hired a out of conductors

I just read somewhere that after the next class they are not hiring any more conductor's till the next list. Also that they will probably have that open for filing by the end of the year maybe. Dunno how that would work though even if we are good on active conductors for the time being as I have now heard from a couple of sources since they extended this list for another year weren't they anticipating more hiring?

@straphanger congrats! Welcome aboard now your in the real world ! Remember take your time your in control of the train!! YOU CAN ALways EXPLAIN BEING LATE! There are no excuses for opening up on the wrong side ! NEVER get to comfortable and ask questions! STICK to what you was taught in school car! YOU GOT A YEAR TO GO! Enjoy it's a cool job, some days are hard riding the board but you will get used to it! Once again congrats and welcome to the family!

@straphanger yes they cram a out of info in a short period of time . They give u the basics a lot of things you will learn as you go! Just ask questions people will help. Keep in contact with your classmate! My classmates are the best we keep each other informed about everything

@vee what's up? Everything's good todays my RDO Enjoying being a conductor MTA keeps me busy. JL and Lane are good. I was with Jl yesterday & Lane last week.Hows the A div treating you?

Just got off the phone with Ms shivers she says their up to 2697 an that there is no scheduled class coming up :-( just a heads up for anyone out there like myself that's still waiting. If anyone is out there like please post as you get updated information let's keep the as the source for information for those of us that are still waiting.

Maybe those that are in scoolcar right now can pull some information from a TSS as to when the next class might be an share with us.

@thekiday they hired a lot of CR"s and the old CR"s are not retiring fast enough.right now everything's on hold last class that went in was on 6/30.They might resume hiring but I heard it won't be 60 CR"s a class.Hang in there it will work out.

@thekiday got you bro! Things are crazy right now because of the new contract. I think you will be ok as soon some of the senior conductors retire. Hang in there don't give up hope

1 of the dispatchers told me that a lot of probationaries are quitting once they found out that they are going to work around 14 hour days and that they are still short of C/R's and T/O's. I was told this yesterday.

A dispatcher in the field is not a good source of information for hiring.....

Archived