Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to postpone my first call too. I had to call Ms Rivera who gave me instructions on how to get reinstated onto the list. I then had to go to 1 Centre st to get reinstated (which only took a few minutes) and a couple of weeks later I got called back.

Do you have contact information for the office you contacted to get that information? I don't see a PM feature on here, otherwise I would inbox you. The only contact numbers I have are automated DCAS services, I'd like to be able to get a live body.

I don't see a PM feature on here, otherwise I would inbox you.

My apologies for being off-topic, but to access the PM (Private Message)...

What you have to do is, providing you are logged in, you have to click on the member's photo or user name. (So for me, click on the picture of the Corona Maintenace Shop sign or on "YoungNYCSubwayFan" just above the picture). This will bring you to the member's profile. Click on "Send me a message" and you are good to go.

In order to retrieve your Private Messages, after you log-on to the site, on the top-right there will be an envelope. When you place your mouse cursor over it, it should say "messenger". Click on it once to either retrieve your messages, view your entire inbox, compose a new message, etc.

Again, sorry for being off-topic.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to postpone my first call too. I had to call Ms Rivera who gave me instructions on how to get reinstated onto the list. I then had to go to 1 Centre st to get reinstated (which only took a few minutes) and a couple of weeks later I got called back.

I got a family member who went to 1 centre st to put his name back on the list and that that was 1 week ago. How long did it take for you to get the letter.

there are wayyy too many conductors that why hiring has been at a standstill veteran conductors arent retiring fast enough also...if your not in now your gonna wait a while or perhaps never be called...

I seen someone recently post that they recently got hired which made me question it.

there are wayyy too many conductors that why hiring has been at a standstill veteran conductors arent retiring fast enough also...if your not in now your gonna wait a while or perhaps never be called...

If they are hiring it's very small classes. It seems like they have too many conductors.Hopefully the older timers will retire and everyone waiting will get a chance.

Im back ! Well last time I was here I was wondering where you guys are A or B division am's or pm's Its been almost 7 months now since I got the conductor job and I don't see NUNYA !

B div. Yesterday I was on the L,

I was in the last conductors class. Our induction date was June 30th. I'm in the A division. What I can say is that some people decide that they don't want the job after a few months. This might be because they did not prepare themselves. It's not going to be easy when you first start. If you get that straight in your head you will not be so disappointed when things get tough.

I mean for example shift changes and changes regarding your days off. They are a little reasonable in the sense that they always give you two days off in a row. You won't know what those two days will be unless you are religious excuse or something. I have Thursdays and Fridays because Friday is my religious day and they keep me on PMs. I've had it easier than others. The shifts can change from AM, PM and midnight. You will also work on various lines. One day reporting here and the next there. This not to scare anyone but some of my classmates are talking about quitting because of the instability. What do you expect? You have to start somewhere.

I used to do long distance trucking so I was ready for the bouncing around. Borough to borough is not like state to state. Everyone has a breaking point. Be prepared to be pushed to your breaking point. I see guys reporting to work in the middle of the night. That would push me to my breaking point.

Just be prepared to stick it out that's all.

We were also told that we would be the last class for a while.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived