Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8094 is the only list number that is being used for conductor now. The test for this job was given in the winter of 2008.

This list expires in Feb 2016.

thanks postal. At least someone is nice here. Lol. I'm gonna file for the conductors exam in September and I'm gonna pass and I want to be fitted for uniform so I won't look like a hot baggy mess. Lol

8094 is the only list number that is being used for conductor now. The test for this job was given in the winter of 2008.

This list expires in Feb 2016.

thanks postal. At least someone is nice here. Lol. I'm gonna file for the conductors exam in September and I'm gonna pass and I want to be fitted for uniform so I won't look like a hot baggy mess. Lol

Hey peeps, 1st time poster here. I've been lurking around though to see updates on how the list is moving. Congrats MsHottie, I also scored 93.333333333 and I'm list number 37xx so I'm guessing I should be getting a letter any day now? I'm really hoping I am. Every time I call DCAS it tells me that I'm on an outstanding certification now. It never use to say that.

My boy got called earlier in the year and he scored a 94.4444 list # 29xx. He has since left because he didn't like the schedule of work and went back to his old job.He passed all the classes and training with no problems. To each is own I guess. My brother is currently working for the MTA as a station agent, would that affect me getting hired?

The anticipation is really killing me. I'm searching my mailbox everyday for this freakin letter lol.

@OFlow they might not get there proper uniforms for a min! I see a new guy who's didn't get his uniform yet and he's been out for about a month now! They will get the beautiful boots! Lol

@tim that sucks that means they'll spend a lot of time on the platforms and explaining to dispatchers everyday y they aren't in uniform and having to provide documents proving their uniforms are on back order. One of my classmates had constant issues because the coats were on back order in her size and we came out in the middle of the winter!! She wore her off duty coat with her TA vest on top and continuously had to carry her order form to avoid being written up or taken out of service smh

Yes u guys have plenty of time to get your uniforms focus on learning the job and keeping it.After a while as soon as your tour is over your going to take that Mta shirt off when riding the train home!lol

@drenyce311 u plan on doing flagging? Just wait til u clear probation to switch to ACG's. Remember they need no reason to fire u while on probation so don't give them one. System safety takes PPE serious

@OFlow they might not get there proper uniforms for a min! I see a new guy who's didn't get his uniform yet and he's been out for about a month now! They will get the beautiful boots! Lol

They always mess up the order for the uniforms . They fit you , yet when you get the uniforms they just don't fit right . My uniforms still don't fit right , a lot of workers use their own pants .

@drenyce311 oh that's sweet I hear only LIRR CR's have to wear uniform. Good luck with that

@tim yea no matter how they measure u they still come out all wrong. If your a slimmer guy like me then u can forget about having a shirt that fits like one u would buy on your own and the pants are the absolute worst!! They are made of some trash fabric so u sweat your balls off in the summer and freeze your ass off in winter smh. If your gonna get non TA pants just make sure they don't have cargo pockets and u cut off any visible tags that display any logo and nobody will bother u

@drenyce311 oh that's sweet I hear only LIRR CR's have to wear uniform. Good luck with that

@tim yea no matter how they measure u they still come out all wrong. If your a slimmer guy like me then u can forget about having a shirt that fits like one u would buy on your own and the pants are the absolute worst!! They are made of some trash fabric so u sweat your balls off in the summer and freeze your ass off in winter smh. If your gonna get non TA pants just make sure they don't have cargo pockets and u cut off any visible tags that display any logo and nobody will bother u

Thanks. Just waiting for that phone call. We're 8 days away until August. Hopefully sometime this week or next.

Thanks. Just waiting for that phone call. We're 8 days away until August. Hopefully sometime this week or next.

School car is a fun experience . It's like hanging out in a sense . There is a lot of material to learn but it's not a stressful environment . I

@R Conductor it's a really fun experience. If you're a social person you'll grow close to your classmates. I've been out of school car since February 2014 and I still speak to a lot of my classmates on a daily basis even tho with picked jobs now I barely ever see any of them on the job

@R Conductor it's a really fun experience. If you're a social person you'll grow close to your classmates. I've been out of school car since February 2014 and I still speak to a lot of my classmates on a daily basis even tho with picked jobs now I barely ever see any of them on the job

@OFLOW yes you are right about that , I have grown close to my classmates we exchange information and experiences its a great thing . Luckily I see a lot of my classmates because a lot of us picked on the same line lol.

Archived