Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks. I'm going for my medical next week Wednesday. LE class starts August 19th. Can't wait.

@misshottie our dreams of working together grow further apart. I can see our fingers separating in the wind. :( lol.

Cool , where your going. KO or Babylon for the weekend class? Also bring a highlighter and a good book bag.  The timetable book and Book of rules weigh a ton. You carry that "EVERYWHERE" you go. And also get use to hearing General Orders and General Notices. They will be a pain lol. Good luck..

Okay folks. I'm going for my medical next week Wednesday. LE class starts August 19th. Can't wait.

@misshottie our dreams of working together grow further apart. I can see our fingers separating in the wind. :( lol.

Ugh that's so messed up. Congrats anyway.... but you will always be the one who got away  :(  :wub:

Cool , where your going. KO or Babylon for the weekend class? Also bring a highlighter and a good book bag. The timetable book and Book of rules weigh a ton. You carry that "EVERYWHERE" you go. And also get use to hearing General Orders and General Notices. They will be a pain lol. Good luck..

thanks. They don't know yet. They're still determining that. We will find out first day of phase 1. Cool. I'm gonna buy a good sturdy bag. Have a few here laying around.

Ugh that's so messed up. Congrats anyway.... but you will always be the one who got away :(:wub:

;) never. Lol. I have friends who are T/Os. I always keep an eye on you ;)

@mshottiewithbody it's gonna be late in August because the July class just u started yesterday the 27th. And don't worry yourself transit has no problem moving very last minute. I got my call back for final processing on the 6th to come in on the 10th and started on the 16th. You'll get in there just be patient

@mshottiewithbody it's gonna be late in August because the July class just u started yesterday the 27th. And don't worry yourself transit has no problem moving very last minute. I got my call back for final processing on the 6th to come in on the 10th and started on the 16th. You'll get in there just be patient

do you know what the pay cycle/payday is like? does it begin day of orientation? day of schoolcar training? Weekly/biweekly? I just need an idea as to when I can put in my resignation papers with current position.

@MsHottieWithBody we get paid this coming Thursday and biweekly. You will be paid from the first day of orientation at 130 Livingston. Classes begin the first Monday of a pay period so I'm assuming the August class will start on the 24th. That means orientation will be held on the 24th and you will be paid for that day and everyday you report thereafter. What you should be expecting if you've already done your initial processing (submitting diploma, SS, birth certificate and first drug test) is a call telling u to report to 180 Livingston for final processing YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THAT DAY. On that day you'll do eye and hearing test and usually submit urine again and by the end of the process you'll be sworn in at which point u are officially an MTA employee. You'll take your ID picture (so try to look good and not stupid like I did lol) and you'll be told to report to 130 Livingston and that's your first day on payroll

That's the only thing that sucks about the process. I want to give in my 2 weeks. But want to know ahead of time. More of courtesy especially when I've been there 11 years. But if MTA calls today and says to report there for Friday. You bet your dollar I'm leaving that week. Oh well. Lol

@MsHottieWithBody we get paid this coming Thursday and biweekly. You will be paid from the first day of orientation at 130 Livingston. Classes begin the first Monday of a pay period so I'm assuming the August class will start on the 24th. That means orientation will be held on the 24th and you will be paid for that day and everyday you report thereafter. What you should be expecting if you've already done your initial processing (submitting diploma, SS, birth certificate and first drug test) is a call telling u to report to 180 Livingston for final processing YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THAT DAY. On that day you'll do eye and hearing test and usually submit urine again and by the end of the process you'll be sworn in at which point u are officially an MTA employee. You'll take your ID picture (so try to look good and not stupid like I did lol) and you'll be told to report to 130 Livingston and that's your first day on payroll

Thanks for all that beautifully detailed info. And how did you look when taking the ID pic? lmao

That's the only thing that sucks about the process. I want to give in my 2 weeks. But want to know ahead of time. More of courtesy especially when I've been there 11 years. But if MTA calls today and says to report there for Friday. You bet your dollar I'm leaving that week. Oh well. Lol

I'm just aching to leave my current job!

@drenyce311 once they called me in for the initial processing I notified my bosses at my old job of what was going and after 8 years there I came in on a Wednesday and notified them my last day would be that Saturday ???????????? they completely undersrtood and we're all happy for me

@MsHottieWithBody no problem I remember being in your position and being on this forum everyday looking for as much foresight as possible. As far as the ID I looked like a DORK???????????????? I used to wear glasses only during class in college to help me see the board so being eager to start and not have anything hold me back I wore my glasses on the day of final processing knowing I would take an eye exam. Fortunately I passed the eye exam both with and without my glasses so it's not mandatory for me to wear them on duty because I never do in my day to day

@MsHottieWithBody no problem I remember being in your position and being on this forum everyday looking for as much foresight as possible. As far as the ID I looked like a DORK I used to wear glasses only during class in college to help me see the board so being eager to start and not have anything hold me back I wore my glasses on the day of final processing knowing I would take an eye exam. Fortunately I passed the eye exam both with and without my glasses so it's not mandatory for me to wear them on duty because I never do in my day to day

awwwwwwwwwww!! hahahaha

awwwwwwwwwww!! hahahaha

Same here I wear glasses. But i need for long distances. I can't wear them at work since everything is front of me and wearing them hurts my eyes when looking at the computer. Lol. When I did the NYPD process, they made me take them off for 30 mins for my eyes to adjust. Was tested with them on also.

I'm just aching to leave my current job!

Me too. Patiently waiting. Can't wait to hit them with the bomb. I will be missed. ;)

Pretty much all positions have physicals. Just went to take my physical today. It was a small one. Vision. Agility test. Passed both. They said once I make past phase 1. Then a full medical will be administered. I can't wait to start class August 19th

Thanks and congrats

Pretty much all positions have physicals. Just went to take my physical today. It was a small one. Vision. Agility test. Passed both. They said once I make past phase 1. Then a full medical will be administered. I can't wait to start class August 19th

I'm still waiting on my letter :(It can't come fast enough. At least when I call DCAS now it says the list number is 3481. I gotta be really close. I'm so ready to put in my resignation at my current job. Currently I get paid pretty decent, but no benefits what so ever. You would think working for the Mets, they would provide you with health benefits and a 401k. Sadly this is not the case.

Archived