Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Appreciate you responding. A have a few hundred people ahead of me, but my chances are looking better and better as time goes on.

You're welcome brother. With the list ending in Feb 2016, I can see people in the 4200s. Heck I'd even say there's a possibility that maybe even 4500s have a shot. What is your number if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4,011, so with the rate they are sending out letters I should be good.

You're welcome brother. With the list ending in Feb 2016, I can see people in the 4200s. Heck I'd even say there's a possibility that maybe even 4500s have a shot. What is your number if you don't mind me asking?

Ugh this anticipation is driving me insane. When the hell are they calling me for medical?! I NEEEED to be in this august class.

patience my dear. Hopefully it will be sometime this week. Did they tell you were in the August class? I think transit medical are pretty fast. Keep us (or me) posted. I went last week for mines. And I got emailed study materials to get a head start on the rules that we need to know verbatim. ;).

patience my dear. Hopefully it will be sometime this week. Did they tell you were in the August class? I think transit medical are pretty fast. Keep us (or me) posted. I went last week for mines. And I got emailed study materials to get a head start on the rules that we need to know verbatim. ;).

you went last week for what? for who? MTA tells us 2-90 days. WTF is that..

if I were to show all the material I've had to study so far. You'll be in shock. And that's not even for employment yet. Lol

I prefer on hands learning like with MTA ... Study materials dont really mean much until youre in the train... Mta gives you study materials AND ON-hands application simultaneously

I prefer on hands learning like with MTA ... Study materials dont really mean much until youre in the train... Mta gives you study materials AND ON-hands application simultaneously

I totally agree with you. But that I have the book of rules. The signals and definitions make sense now. I'm pretty sure we will get hands on as well. I'm anxious to start already. LIRR LE is one of the hardest railroads to get into the country. I'm kind of glad and grateful at the same time of the opportunity. Couldn't have come at a better time in my life. Plus of my credentials. ;)

Just make sure that you're aggressive and assertive during school car when your class actually gets on the train for hands on practice because even in a class of only 11 we didn't get much hands on. It wasn't every day that we were able to get a train in the yard and we only went down the road twice in school car with each person getting a chance to operate between 3 and 5 stations. They drill the basic operations in your head so that's not really hard to remember. Make sure u study and practice your door cut out operations for the R-32,R-46 and R-68 for the yard practical. U won't do it on a R160 because that's the easiest equipment

Just make sure that you're aggressive and assertive during school car when your class actually gets on the train for hands on practice because even in a class of only 11 we didn't get much hands on. It wasn't every day that we were able to get a train in the yard and we only went down the road twice in school car with each person getting a chance to operate between 3 and 5 stations. They drill the basic operations in your head so that's not really hard to remember. Make sure u study and practice your door cut out operations for the R-32,R-46 and R-68 for the yard practical. U won't do it on a R160 because that's the easiest equipment

Thats IF I ever get that damn call... smh....

Went down today and took care of some paperwork and the drug test. Now I have to wait as well to be called back for the medical examination. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long. My boy told me that when he went on a Friday, they called him up the Tuesday the following week to come in for the medical. I'm crossing my fingers that I get that call ASAP as well.

Went down today and took care of some paperwork and the drug test. Now I have to wait as well to be called back for the medical examination. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long. My boy told me that when he went on a Friday, they called him up the Tuesday the following week to come in for the medical. I'm crossing my fingers that I get that call ASAP as well.

Dont you get sworn in or get a conditional offer after the medical? not sure how it works for transit.

Yes, Dre, you usually do get an offer after the medical. You won't get an offer that day if you're placed on medical hold or have a pending court date. Medical hold means they have some question(s) about your health and you're going to need to go to your doctor(s) and get paperwork and come back to answer their questions. You have to pass the pre-employment drug screen (urine test), than you're called back for several hours of medical tests.

Yes, Dre, you usually do get an offer after the medical. You won't get an offer that day if you're placed on medical hold or have a pending court date. Medical hold means they have some question(s) about your health and you're going to need to go to your doctor(s) and get paperwork and come back to answer their questions. You have to pass the pre-employment drug screen (urine test), than you're called back for several hours of medical tests.

Nice! I have a friend who didnt pass the EKG and had to g0 see a cardiologist to get cleared. This was a few years ago. Actually two of my friends went through the same thing and had to wait until the next class.

When I was down there I had a parking ticket that I had just got two days prior. When my name was called to turn in my application I told the lady and she let me know that I couldn't do the drug test until that was cleared up. Luckily she told me that I can just go pay the ticket real quick in person, get the receipt, and come right back. Took me about 30 mins to walk over the place, pay it off, and get back. After I was done with the urine test and went back to the counter, another lady had told me I was done for the day and to wait for a call to get my medical.

My boy told me once you get the medical, you go fill out more paperwork by the union and a few other things. I have my envelope with another application in it that was called my "homework" by the guy I initially seen. So I'm guessing I need to have that all filled out by the time I head back over there.

Man when I filled out the application for LIRR for orientation, it was 31 pages long. They want work history(no gaps in between jobs), driving and convictions history (all guilty pleas on traffic tickets is considered a conviction), Education history, has you ever been involved in a incident at work, has your manager ever disciplined you at what jobs, . It was a lot. And when I finally for the email to start the background check,I had to fill out the info again. And they had to verify my employment, and I had to submit a IRS transcript from the year I began with the company. Hopefully you guys have it easier. Lol

I just got called for medical/final processing! I go in this thursday, and will be in the aug 24th class! Yes!

NICE! Congrats! Now we can walk into the sunset together........from a distance. LOL. Best of luck and go get em tiger. lol i start next week the 19th already.

Archived