Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told to report to the same place and its on the green sheet of paper...We will be there for 3 days it's where the union is located from what the sheet say. I'm going where the paper listed. JHonNY my friend said a lot of things changed...Maybe that's one of them...

Prosperous hold tight, they will get to you number it seems to be moving fast. I'm great, I'm reading the rules & regulations books everyday.

I was told to report to the same place and its on the green sheet of paper...We will be there for 3 days it's where the union is located from what the sheet say. I'm going where the paper listed. JHonNY my friend said a lot of things changed...Maybe that's one of them...

Prosperous hold tight, they will get to you number it seems to be moving fast. I'm great, I'm reading the rules & regulations books everyday.

Yes, that book.. I just can't seem to put it down! Every thing in it so damn interesting.... I'm learning what it's all about. But there's just one thing I just can't seem to find in that book, and that is the FINGER thing that conductors do every time they pull into a station. WHAT IS THAT?! They point their index finger out the window.

???????? the pointing is a conductor acknowledging a board that's in every station that let's u know all doors of your train are in the station and abreast to the platform as opposed to opening and having passengers still in the tunnel or even worst stepping off the train and 20+ feet to the ground on an elevated station

That is technically the most important of your job that will be DRILLED in your heads non stop all thru school car and the most important thing to always remember to avoid losing your job

the pointing is a conductor acknowledging a board that's in every station that let's u know all doors of your train are in the station and abreast to the platform as opposed to opening and having passengers still in the tunnel or even worst stepping off the train and 20+ feet to the ground on an elevated station

That is technically the most important of your job that will be DRILLED in your heads non stop all thru school car and the most important thing to always remember to avoid losing your job

Omfg AWESOME

Here's some good news for some, and bad news for others, for those individuals who start on Monday... All conductors will be going to the "A" division. I was down at 130 today, and received confirmation while talking to a staff member.

Here's some good news for some, and bad news for others, who start on Monday... All conductors will be going to the "A" division. I was down at 130 today, and received confirmation while talking to a staff member.

Doesn't matter to me either way. Each equally has pros and cons. I probably lean a tiny bit more towards B, but regardless of the division, I'm a conductor with an excellent salary, cushy pension, air-tight job security, and health coverage that's outta this world   :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Doesn't matter to me either way. Each equally has pros and cons. I probably lean a tiny bit more towards B, but regardless of the division, I'm a conductor with an excellent salary, cushy pension, air-tight job security, and health coverage that's outta this world   :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I totally understand. 

Erik, do you know about where train operators will go?

No, I just heard about the conductors not being able to pick.

IIRC 33 conductors and about 20 TO's.

Yes, that book.. I just can't seem to put it down! Every thing in it so damn interesting.... I'm learning what it's all about. But there's just one thing I just can't seem to find in that book, and that is the FINGER thing that conductors do every time they pull into a station. WHAT IS THAT?! They point their index finger out the window.

???????? the pointing is a conductor acknowledging a board that's in every station that let's u know all doors of your train are in the station and abreast to the platform as opposed to opening and having passengers still in the tunnel or even worst stepping off the train and 20+ feet to the ground on an elevated station

For some of you who have the slightest clue of what they are talking about, I would invite you to read and watch this Gothamist story, and read this MTA article as well. Hopefully this will make it a lot easier for everyone to understand. In addition, on some B-Division lines, like the Jamaica, Queens Blvd. and 6th Ave. local lines, where they have a mixture of eight and 10 car trains, if you look carefully, there are two of these boards since the train stops in the center of the platform, which can change the conductor's position.

In addition - whenever I am waiting for a train, and if I happen to be in the center of the platform, whenever the train comes to a stop, not only the conductor, but I myself also point at the board. In response, most of the time, the conductor has a big smile on his or her face!

If you don't believe me - try it. It's not like you're going to get a ticket or summons for it. This apparently worked for the people in the Gothamist video.

For some of you who have the slightest clue of what they are talking about, I would invite you to read and watch this Gothamist story, and read this MTA article as well. Hopefully this will make it a lot easier for everyone to understand. In addition, on some B-Division lines, like the Jamaica, Queens Blvd. and 6th Ave. local lines, where they have a mixture of eight and 10 car trains, if you look carefully, there are two of these boards since the train stops in the center of the platform, which can change the conductor's position.

In addition - whenever I am waiting for a train, and if I happen to be in the center of the platform, whenever the train comes to a stop, not only the conductor, but I myself also point at the board. In response, most of the time, the conductor has a big smile on his or her face!

If you don't believe me - try it. It's not like you're going to get a ticket or summons for it. This apparently worked for the people in the Gothamist video.

I love the video and article! thanks! The video had me cracking up LOL Very informative

What are you suppose to do if you working on the train and suddenly have to take a dump? shyt? or better yet if you have diarrhea? If your breakfast or lunch runs through your stomach I guess that tiny cab is gonna be victimized.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in teeeeeeears!

Archived