Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just bring a bucket and baby wipes. Use it on the fly! Haha

Or use DEPENDS, actually not a bad idea! LOL

@brakeman u gotta call control on the radionand publicly announce u have the runs hold in the next station and use the bathroom

Unfortunately that's true! Everybody in the crew rooms will know and tease you the death!!

On my way home after getting everything processed and sworn in!! MTA here I come baby! I start on September 28th which is perfect for me. I'll be able to actually take off from my current job to witness the birth of my 1st child! :) I won't have to miss any classes what so ever. Woooohoooo congratulations to those already sworn in as well, and to all the hopefuls, stay positive!!

What's going on @JHonNY81 congrats on everything with new hire & new born..how long did you wait for the call on your final processing/medical and did they give you a choice of being in August & September class ?

@mshottiewithbody @ErikNYC oh no I started back in 2013 I was just teasing that the B division is better. Realistically it's whatever works best for u. Since I live in queens and all A division terminals are far from me the B division is better for me

And are u saying the entire August class was forced into the A division? If so I feel sorry for the ppl who live in queens!!???????????? that's a lot of traveling to the BX

What's going on @JHonNY81 congrats on everything with new hire & new born..how long did you wait for the call on your final processing/medical and did they give you a choice of being in August & September class ?

Thank you bro. After the initial time I was there for drug testing and handing in my pre application, it took them 2 weeks to call me back for the medical. After I was done with my medical, I waited to be called for the interview. During the interview, we just went over all the paperwork I filled out and was asked if I can start September 28th. No choice was given to me.

I'm hoping I get to choose the Q, N, F, D , or B train.

Jhonny81 it's gonna be a while before u pick a job took me 3 picks which is a year and a half and you'll still be scraping the bottom of the barrel. The B is a senior line so it'll be a long time before u can even think about it. Until u pick a job you'll be what they call extra extra and basically they use u on any line they need u in your division on the tour they give u. It's rough at first but u adapt and your getting paid so it's an easy bullet to bite. Good luck and enjoy

Jhonny81 it's gonna be a while before u pick a job took me 3 picks which is a year and a half and you'll still be scraping the bottom of the barrel. The B is a senior line so it'll be a long time before u can even think about it. Until u pick a job you'll be what they call extra extra and basically they use u on any line they need u in your division on the tour they give u. It's rough at first but u adapt and your getting paid so it's an easy bullet to bite. Good luck and enjoy

I know it's highly unlikely, but one can only hope right? :) I'll be happy anywhere they put me tbh. I just can't wait to start my new career working for the city!!

Heads up to EVERYONE: Before you even step FOOT (pun intended) into school car, start working on getting a medical exemption from your doctor for your boots. the TA boots are UNBEARABLE. Get it done EARLY so that you don't find yourself in my situation, having to be in excruciating pain all day, week after week, waiting for the approval process. I really thought that the guys were exaggerating about the shoes, but they're not! The shoes are PAINFUL! It's like wearing knight armor!

ir80832_inside.jpg

Archived