Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there is going to be an October class?

I really hope so. I went to 181 Livingston and did all the paperwork but now I'm on medical hold.

They want me to see TA doctor. Waiting on an appointment now.

Please, please, please. Fingers crossed.

No not yet they told her 2-90 days so from August to November she should be expecting a call back for the final processing/medical...y'all should be good tho you guys already started the initial process atleast so now it's just steps to starting..like I don't think y'all gonna get eliminated unless you fail the initial DT or have convictions..only in a matter of time for you guys

No not yet they told her 2-90 days so from August to November she should be expecting a call back for the final processing/medical...y'all should be good tho you guys already started the initial process atleast so now it's just steps to starting..like I don't think y'all gonna get eliminated unless you fail the initial DT or have convictions..only in a matter of time for you guys

Yeah they told me the same thing too.. I'm pretty sure if we failed the drug test or something they would have been contacted us. Lol! But I hate waiting lol!

@prosperousguy89 although that is a common assumption it's not the case. Transit says they don't care about your past as long as you're forthcoming with everything. You are going thru these motions trying to do something positive with yourself and that's what matters to them. With that being said I know an ex con who's a CR and someone else who would have failed his initial drug test had he not been forth coming. Bottom line is you can't hide a conviction and your urine won't lie if your dirty so why try to hide either? During initial processing someone I know told them he wouldn't pass the drug test if he took it. They put him in a drug program and monitored his urine. He cleaned up and eventually started about 2 months behind when he originally would have. This late in the game nearing the end of the list that could lead to the list being closed out without u however convictions or drug tests won't solely lead to u being passed over.

@tmac81 hopefully you get in the October class..September class didn't even start yet time going slow

@OFlow I understand everything you just wrote..I know a guy who have not been selected because of two felonies & some arrest he got in the past..he was upfront with everything..as a previous conductor (Resigned) he knew not to hide anything from them he told MTA everything..one day he called & they told him he have not been selected..he's fighting it..MTA told him to write a letter explaining his past history & what happened..he was called in the end of July...but yea man I thought it wasn't fair..people do change its a good thing that MTA gives people second chances & help them get the job..NYPD totally different tho anything related to a crime can disqualify you...so I was thinking the same thing with MTA since it's a city agency

• 2 weeks later...

Archived