Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations! I went down for the pre employment on Aug. 21st. Didn't receive a call yet.

So its official. I was sworn in and I will start classes on October 26th. I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time :). Anyone that has started the classes can you please give me a heads up as to what to expect.

Thanks

@Prosperousguy89 I started the process in August but was on Medical hold. Had to get clearance from my doctor then I was sent to see a doctor that the MTA recommended. After weeks of going back and forth I finally got the call to come in for final processing. I don't remember my exact list number but it was in the 3700's.

@Prosperousguy89 I started the process in August but was on Medical hold. Had to get clearance from my doctor then I was sent to see a doctor that the MTA recommended. After weeks of going back and forth I finally got the call to come in for final processing. I don't remember my exact list number but it was in the 3700's.

Nice !!! Congrats once again & Keep us posted on this forum of your experience at school car please..wishing you the best !

Nice !!! Congrats once again & Keep us posted on this forum of your experience at school car please..wishing you the best !

Thanks, I definitely will

@geminigirl177. How long was medical hold for and is there a time length that Mta give you until you can come back or is it just until your able to get your letter of clearance? Another question lol. What's the blood pressure limit is it 140/90?

They want you to get everything done as soon as possible. For me it took a few weeks cause I had to see my doctor and a doctor they (MTA)wanted me to see. As far as the blood pressure, I have no clue lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Geminigirl, School Car is great, READ your conductors induction book every day...Make sure you study for your quizzes, 2 midterms, 2 written finals...And not to mention the practicals...Pay attention to what your instructor teaches and form a bond with your classmates, you all will need each other...I hope you're not afraid of heights, because you will do a structure walk...Its so much more than just opening up doors..Last but not least, ask questions if you're not sure of something...You will learn so much in 8 weeks. All the best!!! 

Geminigirl, School Car is great, READ your conductors induction book every day...Make sure you study for your quizzes, 2 midterms, 2 written finals...And not to mention the practicals...Pay attention to what your instructor teaches and form a bond with your classmates, you all will need each other...I hope you're not afraid of heights, because you will do a structure walk...Its so much more than just opening up doors..Last but not least, ask questions if you're not sure of something...You will learn so much in 8 weeks. All the best!!! 

Thank you sooo much Nae20. I've started reading the book I received when I was sworn in but it doesn't make much sense lol. I'm excited :) and nervous :unsure: but i'm ready to start. 

So I just called 180 Livingston and they said they didn't even start using the list from test 8094 in Dec '08.

I got a 92 and I'm number 5329. LOOL I guess I won't be getting any calls from them. lol

Hello just want to know how did it go for you. My list # was 5328 and I start my training Oct. 26th. So I'm sure you got called after all. Did you start yet and if so how did it go. If you haven't maybe I'll see you in class if your currently starting. However congratulations if started. If not good luck.

And that means people I know & including myself have been skipped...more info please

I recall if you have been skipped the MTA will send a letter outlining why. They do skip people using that 1-3 rule. Even though sometimes those people at Livingston don't seem to have a complete handle on things, you guys should get on the phone and find out where you stand. This ain't a bad job and the filing date for the new test is done. Call em, tell them you know people with higher numbers have been called, do whatever it takes.

I recall if you have been skipped the MTA will send a letter outlining why. They do skip people using that 1-3 rule. Even though sometimes those people at Livingston don't seem to have a complete handle on things, you guys should get on the phone and find out where you stand. This ain't a bad job and the filing date for the new test is done. Call em, tell them you know people with higher numbers have been called, do whatever it takes.

I just called today & they told me they are up to 4031 & what's the 1-3 rule..can you explain that briefly

I just called today & they told me they are up to 4031 & what's the 1-3 rule..can you explain that briefly

Without getting into too much detail, the 1-3 rule by civil service law allows the Transit Authority to skip list numbers based on whatever they see fit. I recall a couple members in this forum a while back being hit by this. There have been a couple classes since you went down for your drug test in August, it's unlikely they'll wait a full 3 months before calling you back, unless something's up. Try to get in touch with them.

Without getting into too much detail, the 1-3 rule by civil service law allows the Transit Authority to skip list numbers based on whatever they see fit. I recall a couple members in this forum a while back being hit by this. There have been a couple classes since you went down for your drug test in August, it's unlikely they'll wait a full 3 months before calling you back, unless something's up. Try to get in touch with them.

Oh wow man I'm going to call MTA employment on Monday...get some answers from them as well

dam i thought i wouldnt stand a chance but my list number is 615X probally still dont haha

i start training for T/O oct 26th i took this test as well..i thought this would of been faster then the T/O list

What was your score on the conductor 8094 exam ?

Ahhh it feels so good to be out on the road doing my thing. I been out on the road almost a month now and am loving it. One thing I will say is that it will all fly by really fast from the moment you begin orientation. You start out feeling like schoolcar will never end, then before you know you're posting, and before realizing it you're a pro on the road asking yourself "how the hell do I know all this stuff? how did I come to own this shit like a boss?" LOL..........

One last thing I'll add is: Stay away from the popular kids in school car.... the ones who wanna be the jokesy class clowns and be friends with everyone. That whole "make friends with your classmates" is not the way to go. They're a distraction. The ones you need to make friends with are your TSS's and that is IT. Be cordial with your classmates, but be best friends with your equipment and procedures. The jokesy clowns were the ones who had to retake yard practicals and exams. On a final note, MOVE UP! Im only a month out and I'm already scheduled to take the promotional T/O exam in January. After being T/O for 2 years with 1 year of revenue I myself can be TSS... all before the age of 33. MOVE UP and get that PAPER!

Ahhh it feels so good to be out on the road doing my thing. I been out on the road almost a month now and am loving it. One thing I will say is that it will all fly by really fast from the moment you begin orientation. You start out feeling like schoolcar will never end, then before you know you're posting, and before realizing it you're a pro on the road asking yourself "how the hell do I know all this stuff? how did I come to own this shit like a boss?" LOL..........

Congratulations to you MsHottiewithbody. I'm about to start schoolcar tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous. Is there any information you can share about anything?

That's the same plan I have to move up as quickly as possible. I plan on retiring from the MTA in a managerial position.

Archived