Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Just make sure whatever titles you take that you continue to learn as you go. There's nothing wrong with moving up, but you need to pick up key knowledge at each step along the way or you will be deficient as a manager. And it will show.

It's not to discourage anyone from moving up, just make a commitment to continuous learning on this job. The day you think you know everything is the day you learn you don't.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Passed my midterm Friday with a 100 and also passed my yard practical today 1st try. My classmates have all stuck it out in the beginning and we're all still together. Everyone in my class passed as well because we were all there for each other. We all go our separate ways starting tomorrow when we go posting. Best advice I can give to everyone is to pay attention and ask questions. Your supervisors are there to help you out with everything you need to pass school car. The only one that can stop you from passing is yourself. Good luck everyone.

What exactly does a conductor do? They're different from train conductor right? Because I'm taking the conductor exam next year. I just want to get a clear picture.

Dam I thought I heard it all in this forum lol. The Conductor is the person that opens and closes the train doors and makes all of the announcements and is generally in charge of passenger safety. Conductors can be assigned to various duties but are generally working in a train. Get hip this quick. It's a neat job, good luck and score well.

Dam I thought I heard it all in this forum lol. The Conductor is the person that opens and closes the train doors and makes all of the announcements and is generally in charge of passenger safety. Conductors can be assigned to various duties but are generally working in a train. Get hip this quick. It's a neat job, good luck and score well.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to see the difference between both. So what do train conductor do then? Since the conductor open and close doors and do the announcement. I thought the train conductors did that.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to see the difference between both. So what do train conductor do then? Since the conductor open and close doors and do the announcement. I thought the train conductors did that.

Ok I think I know where you are confused now. On a Subway train that is in service (picking up passengers), you got what's called a train crew. A train crew is two MTA employees. A Conductor and a Train Operator. The Conductor is positioned in the middle of the train and does all the things I told you before.The Train Operator is positioned in front of the train and is in charge of actually moving or driving the train. Next time you come to the city, see if you can spot the Conductor or Train Operator and smile.

Took my second DT last week...scored 93.333...list number 427*...thought I would of been called for final processing since initial DT in August...there's a December & Janurary class...hoping I make it in either or...second DT expires when the list ends..any info would be helpful..hoping for the best

I'm planning on taking the new exam, I filed for it in time.

Once they stop calling from this list will they begin calling from the new list?

Or is there a promotional list they'll use before they create the new list from the new exam?

Yes eventually they will start calling from the new conductor exam once everybody takes the exam & the list is established

I got called in to do the pre employment over again and they called me back for the final process on December 4th.. I'm in the January 19th class.. I honestly didn't think I was gonna get a call back.. The best Christmas gift EVER. God is GOOD!

I got called in to do the pre employment over again and they called me back for the final process on December 4th.. I'm in the January 19th class.. I honestly didn't think I was gonna get a call back.. The best Christmas gift EVER. God is GOOD!

congrads. what is your list number? 

I would assume that once this list expires (8094) they would wait until the next conductor exam list to come out and, begin to call people off the new list. 

I had my name restored to the list and never got called to go down for anything. I've been on the phone with someone at personnel who handles that and she told me the list was extended until July or August. Take that for what's it worth.

Congratulations!!! It's a wonderful feeling.

Archived