Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been called recently? I had my name restored to the list exactly one month ago and I haven't heard anything yet. Of course, I also haven't gotten my mail since Friday (

Has anyone been called recently? I had my name restored to the list exactly one month ago and I haven't heard anything, but I also haven't gotten my mail since Friday (I can understand not getting mail on Saturday, but come on. No reason not to deliver 2 days after the storm)

Wondering if anyone else has gone down for the pre employment crap yet.

I'm planning on taking the new exam, I filed for it in time.

Once they stop calling from this list will they begin calling from the new list?

Or is there a promotional list they'll use before they create the new list from the new exam?

Yes they call from the Promotional first, a few friends I know took the pormotional. So they will call them first up to the lowest score in promotions, then start calling from the open list.

Please do, let us know. I'm on an outstanding certification so something much be going on.

I was told my canvas letter went out on the 22nd and I need to be there 730 Thursday morning. I haven't gotten mail since Friday, so I haven't gotten my letter. Anyone waiting should probably call MTA employment (NOT DCAS)

hi everyone i reinstated my list # was in 800 range.im in florida vacation.my sister said back in ny i got a letter to go to 180 livingston st 7.30 thursday tommorow.i cant make it.my flight is monday back to jfk.i hope this is true that the list is extended till august is this true.please respond if so ill put in another reinstatement asap probally tues next day i get back 

hi everyone i reinstated my list # was in 800 range.im in florida vacation.my sister said back in ny i got a letter to go to 180 livingston st 7.30 thursday tommorow.i cant make it.my flight is monday back to jfk.i hope this is true that the list is extended till august is this true.please respond if so ill put in another reinstatement asap probally tues next day i get back 

The list was extended to August, it's definite.

I went down for my pre-employment crap today; couldn't take the drug test because I didn't have my social security card that i can't find, so they want me to go back when I locate the damn thing. Anyway, this job is absolutely not for me. I can't deal with being on midnights one week and having to report a 10pm one day, 2am the next, midnight the day after that, then being on AMs the following week and having to be in anywhere from 4am to 12pm depending on the day. I don't think I'll be going back for that drug test, I took the test when I was 21 and didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. It's not a job I ever wanted, and I'm not willing to turn my life over to MTA for the next 30 years and start living my life at 60 when it's almost over.

I went down for my pre-employment crap today; couldn't take the drug test because I didn't have my social security card that i can't find, so they want me to go back when I locate the damn thing. Anyway, this job is absolutely not for me. I can't deal with being on midnights one week and having to report a 10pm one day, 2am the next, midnight the day after that, then being on AMs the following week and having to be in anywhere from 4am to 12pm depending on the day. I don't think I'll be going back for that drug test, I took the test when I was 21 and didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. It's not a job I ever wanted, and I'm not willing to turn my life over to MTA for the next 30 years and start living my life at 60 when it's almost over.

I was sure they would extended it. The one thing people tend to forget when you work for certain city jobs is that your giving them your whole life and, in order to even try to get a normal schedule would be years down the line. But, I spoke to someone today and, they haven't gotten to my number yet to have a letter sent out. What docs do they want you to bring. Social Security card is one, anything else? 

I was sure they would extended it. The one thing people tend to forget when you work for certain city jobs is that your giving them your whole life and, in order to even try to get a normal schedule would be years down the line. But, I spoke to someone today and, they haven't gotten to my number yet to have a letter sent out. What docs do they want you to bring. Social Security card is one, anything else? 

My college degree. Not sure why that matters since it's a civil service exam and a college education was not one of the requirements the time I took the exam.

Edit: And yeah, I'm not willing to give my life away to MTA. I'm a photographer and it makes me happy, and I want to continue to be able to do what I enjoy while realizing that I also need a day job to survive in this town. Transit is not a "regular" job, and I'd rather be poor to be honest. There's no amount of money that would convince me to sign my life over to MTA.

My college degree. Not sure why that matters since it's a civil service exam and a college education was not one of the requirements the time I took the exam.

Edit: And yeah, I'm not willing to give my life away to MTA. I'm a photographer and it makes me happy, and I want to continue to be able to do what I enjoy while realizing that I also need a day job to survive in this town. Transit is not a "regular" job, and I'd rather be poor to be honest. There's no amount of money that would convince me to sign my life over to MTA.

i always tell people to do what makes them happy. I have know quite a few people who turned down the MTA for the same reason as you. 

im glad the list is extended till august.it seems that once you reinstate your list # takes 2 months to get another letter to come down but ill be calling them and go to 1 center st to find out when my letter will be sent out.i need this job very much thank you for responding that it was extended

im glad the list is extended till august.it seems that once you reinstate your list # takes 2 months to get another letter to come down but ill be calling them and go to 1 center st to find out when my letter will be sent out.i need this job very much thank you for responding that it was extended

i was reading The Chief and it had an article saying the list was extended so that  completely confirms it. 

Yes, it makes sense that they'll extend the list until they have a list established for the conductor exam taking place this spring. This gives them time so they don't have to rush when creating a final list for the upcoming exam. I don't think they've had great trouble finding qualified people off the current list. It seems to me that there's been steady hiring of conductors for years on end.

Archived