Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

They have been very slow as far as hiring people off this list since it was established. Then to have another conductor exam coming out they would have no choice but to extended this list. But it's good news for me.

No, actually they have not. They have already called more people than they typically do for a conductor list, and that's with a year still to go on the current one.

It was pushed back because the results of the open competitive exam, due to the large number of people taking it, as well as the existence of other exams that need to be gone through (promotional train operator, open competitive train operator, promotional assistant train dispatcher, and promotional train service supervisor), will cause the new list not to be ready for close to a year. Considering the new test isn't until April anyway, that actually represents a quick turnaround for them.

Hey guys n gals I need a phone number to call 180 Livingston to inquire about reinstatements for a friend of mine. The last number I have is for Mrs. Shivers but I haven been told that she is no longer the conductor liaison.

Same number but it's a different person now IIRC.

Hello everyone I just received a letter in the mail to come in for my pre employment evaluation. This is for exam 8094 does anyone know what the medical consists of and what can disqualify you from being appointed in regards to medical? How long does the entire process take? Do they move quickly?

Hello everyone I just received a letter in the mail to come in for my pre employment evaluation. This is for exam 8094 does anyone know what the medical consists of and what can disqualify you from being appointed in regards to medical? How long does the entire process take? Do they move quickly?

Hearing, eye and, blood pressure is diffidently one thing, illegal drugs of course. I know someone had mention what they look for in your medical exam. 

what was your list#?

My list number is 4,092 I believe I scored a 92

Hearing, eye and, blood pressure is diffidently one thing, illegal drugs of course. I know someone had mention what they look for in your medical exam. 

Ok thank you I should be fine then..

Ok I am a little bit confused because I dont know which position I should choose. TSA just gave me my final job offer and a swear in date then the next day I get this letter in the mail for Transit. I really dont know which one I should choose. MTA or TSA please help me guys oh and when I go for the interview for MTA how long will they let me know if I am hired or not?

I do know some people have moved from TSA to MTA, different kinds of work, they wanted to be on trains instead of searching people. I've heard mixed things about the culture and morale at TSA, but some people like it.

You could potentially defer MTA and start working at TSA and see how you like it. There are rights to defer and then seek reinstatement but it's complicated because this list is winding down (probably expiring at the end of 2016), they will be moving on to the new list from the exam that will be offered in April/May, and reinstatement seems to be completely within the discretion of the MTA - you can ask to be reinstated but they may not agree, and I'm not sure you have any right to challenge that decision.

Re the MTA interview, If all goes well when you go in for your medical exam and no issues come up you'll then meet with an investigator later that day. If the investigator has no issues with your background after looking at your paperwork and asking you some questions then you'll be fingerprinted and sworn in.

That means you'll be an employee in the class you're assigned to, most likely beginning in a 2-8 weeks from that date.

However, you won't see your first paycheck until 2-3 weeks after you start training, you won't receive health benefits until 90 days after you start training, and you won't have tenure (job security) until 365 days after you begin training, assuming you complete the training program satisfactorily.

wow thank you very much for this information. I think I will go through with the Conductor position. Over the years I've gained some weight lol smh that wouldn't disqualify me would it? And do you know when the next class will be held? I have to go in for my DT next week....

for those who are conductors, how was the training,how long and what are the praticals and test like? i was in school car for T/O for 15 weeks and resigned due to personal reasons but im on the list for 8094 exams as well..so i would like to know if i will be making the right choice of becoming a C/O once the training is not as brutal as T/O...how is the life of a conductor? job wise..i know the pay isnt as much as t/o but later down the line it should pick up

for those who are conductors, how was the training,how long and what are the praticals and test like? i was in school car for T/O for 15 weeks and resigned due to personal reasons but im on the list for 8094 exams as well..so i would like to know if i will be making the right choice of becoming a C/O once the training is not as brutal as T/O...how is the life of a conductor? job wise..i know the pay isnt as much as t/o but later down the line it should pick up

Training is 6-10 weeks depending on A or B Division. You'll have a yard practical where you have to troubleshoot door problems and road practical where you simulate door operations at station stops. Must get 80 on midterm and final, and all quizzes.

Job assignments work the same way. You will post at the end of schoolcar, when you complete it you will be assigned to the crew office, and will belong to them until you can pick a job.

No signals exam to stress about, but you will deal with the ridership directly more often, you will be under heavy scrutiny still, and the pay is less than T/O as well as more 8 hour assignments. A lot less responsibility, and while you still have to be alert, the level of intensity is less.

For those of you who went to do your drug test this past Tuesday did you get that phone call yesterday to go in for medical?

I'm scared I won't pass the training hopefully I do...

For those of you who went to do your drug test this past Tuesday did you get that phone call yesterday to go in for medical?

I'm scared I won't pass the training hopefully I do...

I just finished training.. It's overwhelming at first.. But it gets better. Don't worry... Just read read read and STUDY!

Gm Guys, I spoke to Ms Rivera on Friday and she told me that the last list hiring # was 4688. Is there anyone who has started their pre- employment process with a list # higher than that. I scored a 92 and my list # is in the 5××× range.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Glad everyone here is all excited to be starting a job that will take away your entire life and make you property of MTA until you're eligible for Social Security. I went down for the drug test months ago and ended up walking away before ever taking the job because I was told I'd have absolutely no life until I'm able to pick a regular job with weekends off, in 8-10 years.

No thanks, if I wanted to give away my freedom I'd get arrested.

Archived