Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Gm Guys, I spoke to Ms Rivera on Friday and she told me that the last list hiring # was 4688. Is there anyone who has started their pre- employment process with a list # higher than that. I scored a 92 and my list # is in the 5××× range.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I scored a 92 and my list number is 4892 I was called for drug test last week just waiting for medical now.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad everyone here is all excited to be starting a job that will take away your entire life and make you property of MTA until you're eligible for Social Security. I went down for the drug test months ago and ended up walking away before ever taking the job because I was told I'd have absolutely no life until I'm able to pick a regular job with weekends off, in 8-10 years.

No thanks, if I wanted to give away my freedom I'd get arrested.

:lol::lol::lol:  Lol you are funny they tell you that to scare you lol it gets better once you can make your own schedule the first year is the most hectic but money talks you and your family will benefit from it in the long run...You probably just saying that cause you failed the drug test lmaoo

:lol::lol::lol:  Lol you are funny they tell you that to scare you lol it gets better once you can make your own schedule the first year is the most hectic but money talks you and your family will benefit from it in the long run...You probably just saying that cause you failed the drug test lmaoo

LOL you moron. I have never failed a drug test in my life, mostly because I have never done any type of drugs in my life, including pot. I took a federal job where I can have a life and run my business on the side, and to me that's a hell of a lot better than taking a job that will result in having no freedom. And if you're still waiting to get hired, how can you say with any certainly "it gets better once you can make your own schedule" - You don't get nights and weekends off just by making your own schedule, you need to have the seniority to both pick a job you want and NOT get picked off it by somebody else. That takes years.

But good luck with your city job and having no life. I'll take my federal job that will end up paying me more than I'd have made with MTA, and keep running my photography business.

LOL you moron. I have never failed a drug test in my life, mostly because I have never done any type of drugs in my life, including pot. I took a federal job where I can have a life and run my business on the side, and to me that's a hell of a lot better than taking a job that will result in having no freedom. And if you're still waiting to get hired, how can you say with any certainly "it gets better once you can make your own schedule" - You don't get nights and weekends off just by making your own schedule, you need to have the seniority to both pick a job you want and NOT get picked off it by somebody else. That takes years.

But good luck with your city job and having no life. I'll take my federal job that will end up paying me more than I'd have made with MTA, and keep running my photography business.

lol its was a joke don't be so harsh lol anyway I too have a federal job I just received the letter for transit in the mail a few weeks ago.. And I can say that it gets better because my Aunt retired from as a T/O she started out as a conductor. She told me it's hectic the first year or so but it's gets better. It's not as scary as they make it seem.

First off.... You absolutely can have a life working for the MTA.. Regardless if your working weekends or not... Some people are just not built for this job and THATS OK! Just cause it's not for you, don't knock nobody else for wanting it.. Sidebar- I don't take you no 10 years to get a set schedule.. It takes awhile, but not 10 years...

First off.... You absolutely can have a life working for the MTA.. Regardless if your working weekends or not... Some people are just not built for this job and THATS OK! Just cause it's not for you, don't knock nobody else for wanting it.. Sidebar- I don't take you no 10 years to get a set schedule.. It takes awhile, but not 10 years...

Try reading what I said again. I never said it takes 10 years to pick a job, I said it takes that long to pick a job with NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS OFF. You aren't getting nights and weekends off in a year, that's just not happening, and once you do get a steady job that you're happy with, you have to worry about somebody else picking you off of it.

And there's no incentive to taking a promotion because you start from the bottom all over again. If you work as a Conductor for 10 years, finally get the job you want and then take a promotion to T/O, you start at the bottom, working terrible schedules all over God's creation while you build up seniority in the towers. That's not the life I want, working 10pm one day, 4am the next, mandatory doubles, every weekend and holiday, having to report in a blizzard just to sit around and not do anything.

No thanks, I'm almost 30 years old and I enjoy my life. I'm not going to stop living until I'm old enough to retire, at which point I'll be getting ready to die.

Ummmmm you said "I heard I would have absolutely no life until I'm able to pick a regular job with weekends off m, in 8-10 years" BUT ANYWAY, I know conductors that been there 3 years and have a regular job.. With weekends off.. I'm 34... I just got out of school car.. I've been out on my own a week.. And I'm gonna enjoy my life as well.. As a MTA conductor.. But I wish you much success in your endeavors... ✌????️

Ummmmm you said "I heard I would have absolutely no life until I'm able to pick a regular job with weekends off m, in 8-10 years" BUT ANYWAY, I know conductors that been there 3 years and have a regular job.. With weekends off.. I'm 34... I just got out of school car.. I've been out on my own a week.. And I'm gonna enjoy my life as well.. As a MTA conductor.. But I wish you much success in your endeavors... ✌

How long does it take to hear back from them to start the medical process? And since you've been working did you have to do those mandatory doubles yet? What are your hours like? I have children I'm not worried about baby sitters or anything just family life. Would I be able to spend time with my kids?

Well I got a letter to come in August for the pre employment.. They called me back two months later to take my drug test again cause it expired.. Got called back for the medical.. Went to training in January... No I haven't had to do a double yet.. But I'm pretty sure I will... Just know your gonna be inconsistent when trying to do anything with them at times.. But it's all worth it. Last week I had AM'S... This week I have PM's with weekends.. But that can change at any time

How long does it take to hear back from them to start the medical process? And since you've been working did you have to do those mandatory doubles yet? What are your hours like? I have children I'm not worried about baby sitters or anything just family life. Would I be able to spend time with my kids?

Mandatory doubles only apply to dispatchers, sometimes Train Service Supervisors, and every once in a while a Tower Operator.

As a Conductor the most you can be forced is to make an "extra trip" (can be mandatory depending on the circumstances), or work a late clear. When you are new and are assigned to the "extra board" (aka you are on standby for up to 8 hours) you can be asked to pick up a full job in addition to the time you've already sat on board, provided the total working time is less than 14 total hours.

Mandatory doubles only apply to dispatchers, sometimes Train Service Supervisors, and every once in a while a Tower Operator.

As a Conductor the most you can be forced is to make an "extra trip" (can be mandatory depending on the circumstances), or work a late clear. When you are new and are assigned to the "extra board" (aka you are on standby for up to 8 hours) you can be asked to pick up a full job in addition to the time you've already sat on board, provided the total working time is less than 14 total hours.

Well that doesn't sound as bad as they made it seem lol. I'm just sitting waiting patiently for them to call me back in for medical. They said they should call last Thursday or Friday but I didn't get an email as yet so I guess I'm the sitting duck.

Just call 511 and go through the menu and you might eventually get someone. I had 3 or 4 different numbers, but it seems I've scrapped them.

Oh I found it I spoke to Ms Rivera. She gave me all of the necessary information that I needed thank you for your help.

Archived