Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was told that today as well. Look out for a call or email even(spam)mail.

Hi Courtney so you did your drug test today? I'm still waiting for medical. Lol I feel as if it's taking forever lol just hope I make it to the April class. Don't know the date but I know it starts early April I believe.

can anyone give me an insight on how long the training process is and what  does it consist of? how long do you go posting and what are you doing when you are posting? what is the hardest part of the training process and how quick do you end up being on the road? what is the final road pratical consist of? etc last but least those who are on the road how are you guys liking it?

Hello everyone,

Had my number reinstated exactly a month ago today. I've called a couple of times but MTA still does not see my number on their list? I'm not sure why that is. Any idea from anyone that may have gone through restoration process?

Ok update...since I work around Livingston I stopped in and lady stated if I reinstated through DCAS than not necessary to do it through the hem too otherwise count as 2 attempts of restoration. So since I 'm already on list....I guess is a matter of when MTA gets a new list from DCAS...not sure.

Well I spoke to someone at employment and they said that I wont be going to training until June which is when the next class after April. I was told that I wont be getting an email or call from anyone until May for June classes because May classes are already filled.

@takingtoolong consider yourself lucky to be starting in the June class. School car is about 6 weeks and you'll have weekends off during this time which is good to look forward to during the summer

@takingtoolong consider yourself lucky to be starting in the June class. School car is about 6 weeks and you'll have weekends off during this time which is good to look forward to during the summer

Well thats definitely a good thing. I know I posted earlier about my little dilemma but here goes again. I was hired by Homeland Security to work as a TSA agent. I was very excited about that but the very next next day I was hired for them I received a letter in the mail for meto come in for pre employment for conductor.  I dont know if I should leave TSA and go for conductor. A lot of people have been telling me to choose conductor but Im just nervous that I wont pass the training for some reason. And being that I start training for TSA at the end of this month what if they MTA calls me in for medical the same time that I will be at training in Georgia? My training would be done my May6th I believe how can I call out for TSA to go in for medical which takes all day to complete? Because for the TSA its like a 2 year probation period. Thus decision seems to be weighing on me pretty hard. Also I am overweight I heard that the MTA dont care much about weight just whether or not your a healthy enough to get the job done which I am. I had a full physical in November and everything was negative.

Well thats definitely a good thing. I know I posted earlier about my little dilemma but here goes again. I was hired by Homeland Security to work as a TSA agent. I was very excited about that but the very next next day I was hired for them I received a letter in the mail for meto come in for pre employment for conductor. I dont know if I should leave TSA and go for conductor. A lot of people have been telling me to choose conductor but Im just nervous that I wont pass the training for some reason. And being that I start training for TSA at the end of this month what if they MTA calls me in for medical the same time that I will be at training in Georgia? My training would be done my May6th I believe how can I call out for TSA to go in for medical which takes all day to complete? Because for the TSA its like a 2 year probation period. Thus decision seems to be weighing on me pretty hard. Also I am overweight I heard that the MTA dont care much about weight just whether or not your a healthy enough to get the job done which I am. I had a full physical in November and everything was negative.

You should still try and see. It wouldn't hurt. I don't think the training is hard from what I hear and know from people who are conductors.

Well thats definitely a good thing. I know I posted earlier about my little dilemma but here goes again. I was hired by Homeland Security to work as a TSA agent. I was very excited about that but the very next next day I was hired for them I received a letter in the mail for meto come in for pre employment for conductor.  I dont know if I should leave TSA and go for conductor. A lot of people have been telling me to choose conductor but Im just nervous that I wont pass the training for some reason. And being that I start training for TSA at the end of this month what if they MTA calls me in for medical the same time that I will be at training in Georgia? My training would be done my May6th I believe how can I call out for TSA to go in for medical which takes all day to complete? Because for the TSA its like a 2 year probation period. Thus decision seems to be weighing on me pretty hard. Also I am overweight I heard that the MTA dont care much about weight just whether or not your a healthy enough to get the job done which I am. I had a full physical in November and everything was negative.

All Federal agencies (and most local law enforcement) are two year probation. It's Homeland FFS, what did you expect? You're probably better off with TSA because you can go from there to pretty much any Federal agency you want once you pass Homeland's background check.

anyone finish training and is on the job now can give us any insight? how do you like it and how was the training process? i was in schoolcar for t/o and i resigned after 17 weeks of training because i couldnt take the training process anymore due to me not spending anytime with the family etc, but i know the conductor training is around 6 weeks or so? vs 8-9 months training as a T/O..i know the pay is less and what not but i am just looking at the long run of the pension etc

anyone finish training and is on the job now can give us any insight? how do you like it and how was the training process? i was in schoolcar for t/o and i resigned after 17 weeks of training because i couldnt take the training process anymore due to me not spending anytime with the family etc, but i know the conductor training is around 6 weeks or so? vs 8-9 months training as a T/O..i know the pay is less and what not but i am just looking at the long run of the pension etc

I finished school car about 4 weeks ago.. I'm not gonna lie, it can be overwhelming at first.. The. Everything starts to fall into place.. YOU HAVE TO READ READ READ! Your notes and your books.. Cause if you don't you'll be lost. The job is not bad at all.. You'll have your good days and bad days.. And yes you will appreciate sleep more if you don't know like me LOL!

Also.. Yes.. You will be very inconsistent when it comes to family events ect..... So I'd advise anyone who has kids or married to really think about it. YES ITS VERY WORTH IT. But really think about it and talk things over with your family.

Archived