Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I keep getting emails of repetitive conversation this person asks The same questions over And over. It's beyond annoying. We all try to answer his or her questions to the best of our knowledge but she keeps asking the same things over and over my goodness. If you think they will not get to your list number then okay fine stop saying the same things. Please!!! I am beyond annoyed. I don't mean to sound harsh but seriously though! I know you want to work we all do. Please be patient...

It's funny that you say that because I only messaged you only one time with one question about if you knew if they were going to extend the list again. Please don't lie and state that I messaged you several times.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol you are clueless right now. Did I say you messaged me? Now your telling on yourself. Don't you receive emails when someone posts something in this forum? Oh yea ok... I guess you don't get my point and I see you never will. Good luck with your process though!

Honestly u really don't need to be rude. We are all trying to get information to help each other out. Not judge each other, and we are all allowed to post on here regarding exam 8094. You do not need to analyze my posts and my questions, as you do not see me doing that to your posts and your questions.

Hey everyone ! I'm new here, I'm going in for orientation, my start date is 6/13. I was called 2 years ago but couldn't accept it at the time. My list # is 2959! Can't wait to start! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

What date is your orientation Crissy? That's cool congrats! My start date is supposed to be the 13th as well! Once I'm done with the medical and all.... I'll be in June 13th class! I can't wait to start either lol

What date is your orientation Crissy? That's cool congrats! My start date is supposed to be the 13th as well! Once I'm done with the medical and all.... I'll be in June 13th class! I can't wait to start either lol

Orientation is the first part of class. When we do all the paperwork, get measured For uniforms etc from what I was told, then the end of the week starts school car. When are you going for your medical? I went for mines and got sworn in on 5/2

Orientation is the first part of class. When we do all the paperwork, get measured For uniforms etc from what I was told, then the end of the week starts school car. When are you going for your medical? I went for mines and got sworn in on 5/2

I go in for medical this week... I'm so nervous lol I heard orientation is the same day as your medical. What was your medical like? What did you have to do?

So you get sworn in during your medical? How does that work?

Well obviously it's not AT THE SAME TIME. You get sworn in on the same day you get cleared cleared medically at 180 Livingston street. You go through the whole medical, once you receive your medical clearance you go back to the other side and you get hired/sworn in/take your id photo.

I go in for medical this week... I'm so nervous lol I heard orientation is the same day as your medical. What was your medical like? What did you have to do?

So the first step is the pre orientation and drug test, then the medical? Can you explain the different steps in greater detail?

The first step is when you first get your letter to go to 180 Livingston street. The first day, you go take all your documents and diploma. If you have all of your documents(ssc, birth certificate, hs diploma) they will then send you to the drug test.

If you pass the drug test, you'll hear from them within 3-5 days usually. Then they will call you back for the medical.

For the medical, you will arrive at 180 Livingston street where they may or may not ask for all your documents again and then send you in the back to do the medical. Here they make you do a questionnaire about all medical issues you ever had. Then I did a vision & hearing test, and ekg, then a doctor checked me out to see if I can lift my arms, bend etc.

I passed so they gave me a paper to go back to the front.

Once I came to the front I had my one on one interview which isn't actually an interview, it's just someone going over all of your paperwork and making sure you filled everything out. If there are no issues they give you your pass number id number and you go take your id photo. They give you all the code of conduct books, rule book, and health & pension forms that must be filled out when you take it to orientation.

Orientation is the next step which is your actual start date where you do all this paperwork, uniform fittings, and get your division. You also ask all the questions you want and get told about how the job actually works. I haven't started yet so I can't give more details than that sorry.

The first step is when you first get your letter to go to 180 Livingston street. The first day, you go take all your documents and diploma. If you have all of your documents(ssc, birth certificate, hs diploma) they will then send you to the drug test.

If you pass the drug test, you'll hear from them within 3-5 days usually. Then they will call you back for the medical.

For the medical, you will arrive at 180 Livingston street where they may or may not ask for all your documents again and then send you in the back to do the medical. Here they make you do a questionnaire about all medical issues you ever had. Then I did a vision & hearing test, and ekg, then a doctor checked me out to see if I can lift my arms, bend etc.

I passed so they gave me a paper to go back to the front.

Once I came to the front I had my one on one interview which isn't actually an interview, it's just someone going over all of your paperwork and making sure you filled everything out. If there are no issues they give you your pass number id number and you go take your id photo. They give you all the code of conduct books, rule book, and health & pension forms that must be filled out when you take it to orientation.

Orientation is the next step which is your actual start date where you do all this paperwork, uniform fittings, and get your division. You also ask all the questions you want and get told about how the job actually works. I haven't started yet so I can't give more details than that sorry.

OK, ok that doesn't sound bad at all. Thank you for your detailed response! Medical here I come! lol

Can some of the conductors in the group give some kind of insight on what to look out for during car school I reading a few treads but it seemed to be geared more to the T/O would love to hear from some of the vets on this topic

Can some of the conductors in the group give some kind of insight on what to look out for during car school I reading a few treads but it seemed to be geared more to the T/O would love to hear from some of the vets on this topic

I just made a new thread about it. Hopefully people will reply

OK, ok that doesn't sound bad at all. Thank you for your detailed response! Medical here I come! lol

Although I was being processed for a Bus Operator position, between the first drug test, the medial exam (which included the medical hold) and final processing...each day I went there, I recall being out by Noon. In addition, I was able to catch a nap on the (F) train on my way back to Queens...so like you said, it's not that bad. If it wasn't for the medical hold, and I brought some non-refrigerated food with me for lunch (like crackers, trail mix, fruit, etc.), I would have spent 1 & 1/2 days there.

My strong piece of advice is that if you go there, it is similar to DMV, in which they call you by number, therefore, make sure you have some reading material to keep you "entertained" while waiting.

Archived