Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this waiting has screwed up my summer I may turn it down now because I was hoping to doing the training during the summer now if I have to make a choice with my other job

All this waiting has screwed up my summer I may turn it down now because I was hoping to doing the training during the summer now if I have to make a choice with my other job

oh wow, I don't think they will call me off this exam by the time it expires. But hopefully I will be called off the new conductor exam I took. Plus, I also took the bus operator exam too. So I have something to look forward too. It's just the wait has been long.

@78, no conductor exam is currently scheduled. There likely won't be another open-competitive conductor's exam for perhaps 5-8 years, because the exam was just offered a few months ago.

However, train operator open-competitive will likely open for filing in a few months.

@78, no conductor exam is currently scheduled. There likely won't be another open-competitive conductor's exam for perhaps 5-8 years, because the exam was just offered a few months ago.

However, train operator open-competitive will likely open for filing in a few months.

About the train operator exam, When, Where and How would I apply for that?

I was told I can have my named taken off the list and restored at a later time is this info correct

Yes, it is, but be careful, because, to my knowledge, not only can you lose seniority and putting time in (when it comes to retirement), but if you take your name off the list, and the list expires, you can't go back!!

About the train operator exam, When, Where and How would I apply for that?

As of 7/13/16, this link shows that the Application Period is in December (providing it doesn't get postponed, cancelled, etc.) When the time comes, they will have a link for you to create an online account, in which you'll apply online, or mail the paperwork to Livingston Street in Brooklyn.

Hey guys my list number is 5214 but I was passed and now they're up to list number 5361 I went to 180 livingston and had to fill out a change of address form being that i did not receive my letter and to be reimstated. What are the chances that I still get the job

The July class goes in on the 23rd and is full August class goes in the 29th and she said whoever does not get called from this list by feb is out of luck cause the new exam they gave.

The July class goes in on the 23rd and is full August class goes in the 29th and she said whoever does not get called from this list by feb is out of luck cause the new exam they gave.

Good. The sooner they get to the promotional exam the better.

Goodluck, Amm0.

Has anyone been passed on the list but got called anyway. My list number was 5214 but i was passed on the list but was told i would be put back on. Does anyone know how that works. I need some help this whole process is nerve wrecking

Pretty good cause I just spoke to ms Rivera she told me they are close to my number 5394

Hello Ammo, new member here, I've been following this forum for about 3 weeks. I notice that your list# and test score is almost identical as mine and both of us are still waiting on medical. I took my drug test on May 6, so I really understood your frustration. If they don't call me in to do my medical by Aug 6, I'm certain I will have to redo my drug test because it will expire. We should be one of the next 30 students call. Good luck to you, God willing we will be call for August class

Archived