Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Just noticed your sig and in reference to that, that would be totally awsome. I onced worked with my dad for a short while, cant say I enjoyed it or hated it, but it was odd. You may very well get your chance to do that. Out of curiosity, care to give a ballpark figure on your list number?

Oh yea? I remember him taking me to his job on "take you kid to work day"..even back when he was a C/R himself. I had the greatest time especially since I didnt get to see him much at that time because he was ALL OVER the place ! LOL. I thought my dad had one of the coolest jobs in the world and I still feel that way.

List # 12**

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I look forward to my new career. Just out of curiosity what are the normal shifts for conductors? Like 8-4, 4-12 & 12-8? And which is the one most newbies get put on?

There are no "normal" shifts. You will be sent anywhere and everywhere within your division (EITHER the number OR letter subway routes, but not both)...and can be asked to work any number of hours (up to 16) on any 5 days of the week. Your shifts will change every week.

But you'll get great benefits (one of the last jobs in this country that still comes with a defined benefit pension plan), a good salary, and you'll have job security. And when you get enough time in your job title, you can start picking the shifts and jobs on the lines you want during the hours you want on the days you want. Given the state of the economy, and the stuff that I'm always posting in Off Topic, that's a pretty good tradeoff.

Dan you can also call em up just to check your status. Wouldn't hurt, or just drop by if you are in the neighborhood. Those people at office seem very nice, sure they would give you some advice. Good luck

I'm going to wait till next week before I call I don't wanna be a pest. on 7/10 the drug test expires so I'm thinking I have to take another one witch will maybe delay things more I don't know.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I look forward to my new career. Just out of curiosity what are the normal shifts for conductors? Like 8-4, 4-12 & 12-8? And which is the one most newbies get put on?

Just like another poster said once you are done and pass Schoolcar you can be on any tour (AMs PMs Midnights) due to the needs of the service. Have different days off(which they can change week by week). Until you are able to pick a job with more steady hrs and days off. Just stick it out it may get tough because your LIFE now is the MTA's... Hopefully you dont have Weddings to go to or other major plans in the works.. :P

Still you will have good benifits and good pay in todays economy thats a plus!

hey guys. so it looks like i won't be taking the offer of employment on 7/25. i got the call to start the police academy this wednesday. hopefully my spot goes to someone who wants it more than me. good luck to you guys!

hey guys. so it looks like i won't be taking the offer of employment on 7/25. i got the call to start the police academy this wednesday. hopefully my spot goes to someone who wants it more than me. good luck to you guys!

wow uncanny indeed! well best of luck in your law enforcement endevours.

Well raddu, don't dismiss mta all together. U do have four years to come back to mta. Nypd isn't for everyone, and I am speaking from experience. Am just happy to be going to mta and leaving nypd and all its problems behind me. But good luck, remember you have four years to still take the job. All the best and be ready to run five miles everyday.:)

if you want to leave school car and come back in a later class is that possible???

No MTA Will just say "see ya take the test again if you like"....

They got thousands waiting to get in they arent going to wait for you..

Well raddu, don't dismiss mta all together. U do have four years to come back to mta. Nypd isn't for everyone, and I am speaking from experience. Am just happy to be going to mta and leaving nypd and all its problems behind me. But good luck, remember you have four years to still take the job. All the best and be ready to run five miles everyday.B)

what?

I do have a stupid question, does anyone know what train operator make per hour? Kinda careerpath am considering, who knows maybe one day the will get to my number on the oc to list. Thx for your input.B)

If you're on both lists, take whatever calls you first. Just get your foot in the door. Always easier to promote than to get in from outside transit.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; YPC 3.0.0; GTB7.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Zune 3.0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; yie8))

I'm on the list; my number is 994. I'm also on the T/O list (8098) and my number is 152. Any idea when they will start calling from the O/C portion of 8098?

Archived