Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Every agency is different.

"I would like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee."

- Joe DiMaggio

Conductor School Car is 2 months and TO School Car is nine months.

- Joe DiMaggio

I'm gonna study my ass off. There's no way in hell I'm going back to my old life. I busted my ass to get this far & had zero help in getting this job. In my opinion there's no room failure. Only victory.

- Joe DiMaggio

I hope you find what you're looking for. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

- Joe DiMaggio

It depends on what Division you go into. Division B is a bit longer than Division A.

Don't. All the pertinent information will be giving during school car. The worst thing instructors hate are IKEAs.

I know that. Doesn't hurt to spread the knowledge to others.

It depends on what Division you go into. Division B is a bit longer than Division A.

That's why I said two months.

I know everything already = IKEAs.

Whatever. If I know something that might benefit my classmates then why not help them out.

Can someone tell me if having no work history would affect my chances

Was work history a requirement to be a conductor?

Since most of us won't be able to take that much time off for absence. What's a guesstimated time you think they would have our background completed. If we hit the books n study hard, we should do well in school car.

They do the background check while you are in school car.

Whatever. If I know something that might benefit my classmates then why not help them out.

My instructor had one of his entire class fail because they copied notes from one person, who thought he knew it. Also, what's posted on this forum can be old information. School car makes changes all the time. Follow whatever you instructor tells you and provides, you are passing school car (their rules), and then you work in the real environment with the goal to pass probation.  

I always reverted back to this forum when I was in school car, to clear things up for me, and to also know where I was headed. Use this forum to clear things up while in school car, and beyond. 

Was work history a requirement to be a conductor?

They do the background check while you are in school car.

My instructor had one of his entire class fail because they copied notes from one person, who thought he knew it. Also, what's posted on this forum can be old information. School car makes changes all the time. Follow whatever you instructor tells you, and provides, you are passing school car (their rules), and then you pass probation while working in the real environment.

I always reverted back to this forum when I was in school car, to clear things up for me, and to also know where I was headed. Use this forum to clear things up while in school car, and beyond.

To answer your question, yes. That's a big one & they investigate you once you start School Car.

In regards to your comment about the class I'm not those people. I'm just me & only I control my own destiny. Like I mentioned before I'm gonna just study my butt off. I don't care what others decide to do around me. That's on them not me. But thank you for the advice though. Much appreciated.

To answer your question, yes. That's a big one & they investigate you once you start School Car.

In regards to your comment about the class I'm not those people. I'm just me & only I control my own destiny. Like I mentioned before I'm gonna just study my butt off. I don't care what others decide to do around me. That's on them not me. But thank you for the advice though. Much appreciated.

Sounds good. good luck out there.

suit yourself. Don't say no one warned you.

Good luck for those going in tomorrow to start the process. Do you do the drug test that day or medical?

Only the drug test. Medical is later on if you're clean.

suit yourself. Don't say no one warned you.

Bro, don't you think I knew that already? Nobody likes a know it all. Trust me. I'm good. Not trying to act smarter than the instructors. Just listen to what they have to say & learn.

Sounds good. good luck out there.

Thank you. Same to you.

So if you're on the board and you get picked for a job anytime between Monday and Friday night after 6 you are automatically guaranteed night differential including weekends? Sounds like a sweet deal to me!

New employees are not automatically assigned to the board.

Sometimes you will be assigned an open job outright, then you will report at that job's reporting time and location.

If there is no job for you, then you will report on board. While on board you may sit for 8 hours, or you may pick up part (or all) of a job that subsequently becomes open (if someone calls out sick for example).

Any time you are signed onto a TA payroll that falls between the hours I stated in my previous post, you will earn night differential, regardless of whether or not you're on the board or working a job.

New employees are not automatically assigned to the board.

Sometimes you will be assigned an open job outright, then you will report at that job's reporting time and location.

If there is no job for you, then you will report on board. While on board you may sit for 8 hours, or you may pick up part (or all) of a job that subsequently becomes open (if someone calls out sick for example).

Any time you are signed onto a TA payroll that falls between the hours I stated in my previous post, you will earn night differential, regardless of whether or not you're on the board or working a job.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

ok, I swear when I was in T/O schoolcar and we was in the yards I would see student conductors there for YX , I would have no clue why they would be there and then I thought maybe for flagging or routing trains in a hand thrown switch yard?

some jobs have conductors reporting to the yards to do the put-in's with their Train Operators.

really? just curious what can cunductors do in the yard besides hand throw switches and flagging>? how aften would a conductor report to the yard for training? ..so basically training for a conductor is 4-6 weeks and then your out on the road posting with a senior?

really? just curious what can cunductors do in the yard besides hand throw switches and flagging>? how aften would a conductor report to the yard for training? ..so basically training for a conductor is 4-6 weeks and then your out on the road posting with a senior?

Conductor School Car is 8 weeks.

Archived