Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just to be clear! For the employment history I'll be good with "guestimations" because if not I'm taking a trip to social security. I just don't want them to be like hah you lied you started on the 19th not the 23rd.

Inthink they would be more on you if you completely forgot to mention a job.

Nah you're right. When I was there it wasn't as many people when I came for my second drug test. That day was nuts.

I bet right after labor day they will call for medical.

So just to be clear! For the employment history I'll be good with "guestimations" because if not I'm taking a trip to social security. I just don't want them to be like hah you lied you started on the 19th not the 23rd.

To best of your recollection, bro. Just try to be as accurate as possible.

You can't remember everything. Remember what you can. Or check your resume. That'll have some of the information you need.

Most likely, yes.

@tedevon Ok just got some intel. Basically they give a another drug test to catch you before medical. So we're definitely looking at October.

I'm aware that this is conversation is between you two guys but they did the same thing to me as well. They wanna make sure you weren't partying too hard before they decide to hire you. You guys will be okay. Just keep your heads down and stay out of trouble.

I'm aware that this is conversation is between you two guys but they did the same thing to me as well. They wanna make sure you weren't partying too hard before they decide to hire you. You guys will be okay. Just keep your heads down and stay out of trouble.

Bro I could care less if you interject, you've been a hell of a help.

When are you graduating?

I'm done, finished probation a month ago.

@tedevon Ok just got some intel. Basically they give a another drug test to catch you before medical. So we're definitely looking at October.

They only give u a second drug test if your first one expired after 90 days.

It wouldn't surprise me. 

I can only imagine the people who they catch like that.

That's what I thought. November 22 will be when my drug exam is no good. 

Sweet!

Exactly.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I can only imagine the people who they catch like that.

That's what I thought. November 22 will be when my drug exam is no good.

You would be surprised.

Yeah. True.

@ErikNYC, congrats on your successfully completing your one year. Oh did they tell you guys when they completed your background check?

@ErikNYC, congrats on your successfully completing your one year. Oh did they tell you guys when they completed your background check?

I'm sorry about that, bro. Congratulations on completing everything. Where are my manners?! You must be really happy by the way.

Hey ErikNYC, are you a Conductor or Train Operator?!

I'm a train operator.

No they don't tell you when it's complete. Just be honest and your good.

I'm sorry about that, bro. Congratulations on completing everything. Where are my manners?! You must be really happy by the way.

Yes I am. During your first year, especially while being a TO, lots of pressure and expectations. Now that probation is over, I feel like i'm going  to work, like how it use to feel at my previous jobs of many years.

I went Thursday, thank god I went early..i was on the line by 6:15 am, soooo many T/O and C/R and few bus OP was there...I was out of there by 3 pm...took my urine test and just finished this 21 page homework...still debating if I should take this job or just wait for the next CI or Signal maintainer exam to come out...after seeing that video with the D train incident I don't think 21 per hour can cut it..LOL

I went Thursday, thank god I went early..i was on the line by 6:15 am, soooo many T/O and C/R and few bus OP was there...I was out of there by 3 pm...took my urine test and just finished this 21 page homework...still debating if I should take this job or just wait for the next CI or Signal maintainer exam to come out...after seeing that video with the D train incident I don't think 21 per hour can cut it..LOL

yeah man I felt sorry for that crew.

Archived