Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I figured that too but here a quick update on school car for my class c/r-A10 we have Moran as our tss and he's the man knows his stuff he's really getting us so ready for our first practical in the yard my classmates are locked in also we did lose a person due to his drinking then their discovered he was diabetic but long story short we are having a good time.

Lol I figured that too but here a quick update on school car for my class c/r-A10 we have Moran as our tss and he's the man knows his stuff he's really getting us so ready for our first practical in the yard my classmates are locked in also we did lose a person due to his drinking then their discovered he was diabetic but long story short we are having a good time.

Good to know, keep up the good work.

Well do am kinda nervous But we have went over the doors a lot

Don't worry you got this.

The best way to think of a practical exam is like you're performing. An actor on a stage. You should know the material as well as an actor knows his part. That way you can answer TSS questions if they try to interrupt you, than get back to what you need to do. Sort of like how an actor can improvise if he flubs a line or his partner in a scene forgets her lines, or there's some technical problem with the set.

The good thing about the conductor written tests is that you will pass with 80% correct, so if you really know your stuff you have a little breathing room if you freeze on a question or two. Train operators need to score perfectly on signals exam, by contrast, and I've known several T/Os who've failed the program when they got more than 80% of the test questions correct. 1-3 questions wrong. It doesn't often happen, but the fact that it does occur is probably the most stressful thing about T/O school car.

Ammo, don't worry bro, youll do fine on the practicals, the TSS are there to help you and pass...you will get 2 TSS from another class that will do your practical ..this is where people get nervous..take your time ...is the first practical cutting doors?

as for the midterm and final...there is no other job that will give you the answers to these test ..except mta..lol...

Nice, JMA how many drug test did you take? BTW happy for you man, God willing the rest of us make it through.

I took 2 drug tests. There's a reason why they do that. Thank you, bro. You'll do fine. We're three weeks in & I was assigned to a good crew thank God.

JMA, you wanted the A Div? did you guys pick?

Yeah but got the B because it was filled up before I could get to it. I'm just gonna wait a few years and then maybe hopefully I can get it.

Ammo you'll do fine man trust me. Today was my first day out, I was on the board. And my entire day consisted of me watching T.V and waiting for a job. Few people said in all their years they've never saw a person on their first day clear on the board. I think I mad history. Lol

HappyGoLucky, congrats on your accomplishments so far. Do you remember what they ask you to do for your FIRST practical. Cause we were told there's key thing we have to check for and do. For example they say it common people forget to check is the curcit breaker, that they intentionally trip. If u can please tell me what they said to you and what u did on your practical. I was also told they give us 30 min.

Did they double zone your train?

Did u have to reset your EPV?

Did you have to cut a faulty door?

What's did you notice on your cad that day?

Thanks I'm just nervous for what's coming

Jma, 3 weeks in already..time is flying huh. I believe you can switch cover to the A div. in 6 months..maybe subway guy or someone can chime in

Happy, how do you like the job so far? what div did you get?

I hope so, bro. That's my goal once some time goes by. Aced my Signals quiz. Got a 93 on it. Missed it by a question I should've knew the answer to. Still waiting on the Circuit Breakers and Doors quiz.

We're four weeks in now. Going by very fast. Faster than I thought.

Archived