Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, conductors get signal exams now??

No. Only Train Operators. They get 2 of them and have to score a 100 on each or they're out. Don't worry about it. Just concentrate on cutting out doors (depending on what Division you get assigned to), circuit breakers (i.e. - ADC (which feeds the SLR or Signal Light Relay), #24, GL1, D-8 and DC1 and DC2) and trouble shooting. Study that & you'll be fine.

Jma your wrong conductors do take a signal exam you must know what a green on green me or a green over yellow must know hand signals buzzer signals so yes conductors must because if you have to do other front operations where the conductor and T/O switch positions

Also the SLR is now called the C/R indication circuit breaker

No. Only Train Operators. They get 2 of them and have to score a 100 on each or they're out. Don't worry about it. Just concentrate on cutting out doors (depending on what Division you get assigned to), circuit breakers (i.e. - ADC (which feeds the SLR or Signal Light Relay), #24, GL1, D-8 and DC1 and DC2) and trouble shooting. Study that & you'll be fine.

been there, done that. I'm a T/O now, just surprised that they started giving signal exams to conductors now. I didn't do one when I was a conductor.

What's up just a update from school car my class is set to take our yard practical next week I won't lie I know what to expect cause my Tss and made us do the practical many times but the nerves are getting to me am just going to practice going over all the steps in my mind and acting them out at home and my deck fire school was boring until we got to play with the fire extinguisher and walk through a train with smoke

What's up just a update from school car my class is set to take our yard practical next week I won't lie I know what to expect cause my Tss and made us do the practical many times but the nerves are getting to me am just going to practice going over all the steps in my mind and acting them out at home and my deck fire school was boring until we got to play with the fire extinguisher and walk through a train with smoke

sounds good, keep up the good work.

been there, done that. I'm a T/O now, just surprised that they started giving signal exams to conductors now. I didn't do one when I was a conductor.

It's not a signal "exam" it's a quiz, they've always done it, it just gets mingled in with all the other quizzes in C/R schoolcar.

Must get 80% to pass, like the rest.

Does anybody know what the mid term is compressed of for conductors

Anything you've covered up to that point in schoolcar. Think of it as a tougher version of all the quizzes you've taken so far, since anything is fair game. Circuit breakers, signals, conductor's operation, troubleshooting, procedure, first chapter of the rulebook...all fair game. good luck.

nothing, since there taking so long with the calling back its been giving me time to think if this is the job I want to do..more and more its leaning towards just stay where I am at at try something else in mta not RTO related...I really wanted to get into CI,RCI or signal maintainer..

I hear you, I guess!?! This wait has a way of driving you nuts. I called Mrs. Rivera like 5 times today no answer. I have this forum open on my phone checking daily, after a while you just have to relax and let it come to you. But just remember you paid money and waited the wait and this may be the home stretch.

Well there's a class starting today so maybe we'll start getting calls.

Hopefully, I really want this. We got this far, just got a little more to go, God willing.

I hear you, I guess!?! This wait has a way of driving you nuts. I called Mrs. Rivera like 5 times today no answer. I have this forum open on my phone checking daily, after a while you just have to relax and let it come to you. But just remember you paid money and waited the wait and this may be the home stretch.

Hopefully, I really want this. We got this far, just got a little more to go, God willing.

I've just been going to work waiting patiently until the time comes. I wouldn't be so worried if the list was expiring soon but, I will continue to stay positive.

Haven't been on here in a while. Too busy studying & going over my procedures. Racking my brain over the practical & midterm.

It's not as many as the TO's need to know. Just certain ones. It was an easy quiz.

Archived