Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea it's crazy the assault on conductors

True, but you'll be compensated and go on leave.

My honest opinion as someone sitting wanting on a letter trying to get in, is if you're willing to make space for me to get in feel free and thank you. But if not you have an opportunity just see things through you may like it. Just give it a shot.

i wish it was so easy for me, I hate the feeling of getting use to my current job since its only 15-20 mins way from home, mon- thru Friday weekends off,holidays , pension,union etc...but I cant see myself sitting here for another 20 years ..I currently make $22 per hour but I wont see big raises such as MTA after 4 years of c/r your at 30 + for me to see 30+ I would have to work here another 10 years smh

it will be hard to adjust to the "no life" style of being in RTO..so things I have to think about especially when you have a little girl but your doing these things to make better for them at the same time ....god dam decisions decisions !

i wish it was so easy for me, I hate the feeling of getting use to my current job since its only 15-20 mins way from home, mon- thru Friday weekends off,holidays , pension,union etc...but I cant see myself sitting here for another 20 years ..I currently make $22 per hour but I wont see big raises such as MTA after 4 years of c/r your at 30 + for me to see 30+ I would have to work here another 10 years smh

it will be hard to adjust to the "no life" style of being in RTO..so things I have to think about especially when you have a little girl but your doing these things to make better for them at the same time ....god dam decisions decisions !

I feel you bro. Currently had to tell TSA to keep me in a ready pool waiting for MTA. On top of that I just got my list number for corrections which is pretty low (5XX). I'm hoping MTA makes my decision easier but....idk if they'll collide. My daddy is a retired RTO supervisor and he just talks about the upward mobility as opposed to corrections. With that and the fact i don't want to be stuck on Rikers for 8+ hours, I really really need MTA to get back to me.

corrections is rough, the pay is good..def stay away from rikers..MTA there is so many positions...retired rto supervisor oh then he should be able to answer all your questions...lol

good thing about TSA you can move to any state and get a job

Yea we don't see each other much..but currently corrections is sending everyone to Rikers they are on a hiring frenzy. TSA isn't enough money for the headache and transfers aren't as easy as you'd think. So I'm waiting for MTA.

I lived down the street from my last job with the board of Ed and was at top pay but when you do that math your first year with Mta you can get 50k easy with ot

These are facts, top pay and the benefits omg. Plus you don't have to stay a conductor.

Today I wake up a official transit conductor passed my final yesterday with a 93 and was blessed with a 3 day weekend

Congrats, you did it. 

did anyone receive another letter from MTA to come in on oct 31? instead of calling me for my 2nd drug test or medical they send me another letter with application to fill out..wth?

I haven't recived anything, but if you were called I guess they are getting ready for the next class in november I assume. 

Hello, all.

I'm starting Conductor training on the 24th of October, next week.  My question is: Anything in particular that I should be studying from Rules and Regulation Manual, between now and next week? Thanks

Congratulations 

Good, bro. I love it. Passed my road practical today.

Passed my road practical! Final tomorrow! God, I hope I pass!

Congrads

ok ,so this 2nd letter I received to come in for OCT 31st I should just treat it like my 2nd medical call? I don't see why I have to fill out another 21 page booklet

ive been giving this a lot of thought, I am currently making a little more then what a C/R starts off with ,plus I am currently under 1199 union with pension...but I am thinking this will be better for me in the long run because I am stuck behind a desk here till retirement smh

I really want honest feedbacks of the good and bad about this job ...I know the schedule can be tough and it seems like they will put me in the Nov class which we know will be cold as a Mf, I hope I get into the B division since I live in Jamaica queens which would make so much sense

Did you take the B/O exam?

tdevon, they never called ...they sent another letter just like the pre-employment letter..keep an eye out in the mail..from what ive seen on this forums this might be the 2nd call for the medical..very confusing because ive been waiting for an email or call smh

I took the B/O exam which was exam#2613, I got called for it but I had a DUI on my record which was less then 5 years old so I couldn't proceed further..but I honestly think I would rather be on the train then the bus ..its not the people I am worried about while being a B/O its the dam drivers on the road

the letter that was sent to me again (pre-employment) I am guessing this will be my 2nd medical since I already finished this process and took my first drug test..i see no reason to go thru this crap again..only for me to take my 2nd drug test or full medical and start in Nov...I believe it was a mistake for them to send me this letter for pre-employment again

I know this must of been posted numerous times but do anyone have miss Rivera info

tdevon, they never called ...they sent another letter just like the pre-employment letter..keep an eye out in the mail..from what ive seen on this forums this might be the 2nd call for the medical..very confusing because ive been waiting for an email or call smh

I took the B/O exam which was exam#2613, I got called for it but I had a DUI on my record which was less then 5 years old so I couldn't proceed further..but I honestly think I would rather be on the train then the bus ..its not the people I am worried about while being a B/O its the dam drivers on the road

I'll keep an eye out for the mail. I took the B/O exam 4600 and could be called soon, as they are close to my list number. I have decided that when I do get called I would take a pass until I have my full CDL. So right now it's crazy for me. I could be called for conductor or bus operator at the same time. If I knew I was going to make it for the upcoming classes I would just pick conductor and not worry but as every day it gets closer to February and I don't hear anything it seems like Bus Operaror is my better option to getting in the MTA. It's easier becoming a conductor than being a Bus Operator.

the letter that was sent to me again (pre-employment) I am guessing this will be my 2nd medical since I already finished this process and took my first drug test..i see no reason to go thru this crap again..only for me to take my 2nd drug test or full medical and start in Nov...I believe it was a mistake for them to send me this letter for pre-employment again

I know this must of been posted numerous times but do anyone have miss Rivera info

when did you go in for your 1st medical?

The sh!t is so annoying it's like certain folks only say something when a member post they got a letter or drug test maybe it's me but we have seen that certain pattern from a former member but again I did what I must to get where am and that's all I need to say.

tdevon, I believe somewhere in august, that's weird they should be getting back to you since me and your number is not far off, I would def get my CDL first then go into b/o it will be less stressful for you in the long run becoming a B/O..i have many friends who are b/o and they make good money...both bo and c/r have there ups and downs ...I believe training for b/o is 7-10 days cut and dry and 1 year probation dealing with the pricks in nyc streets such as cabs,dollar vans and not to forget face to face interaction with customers

you think its a wise for me to just fill out this 21 page pre employment again? still waiting for a call back from miss rivera regarding this....

tdevon, I believe somewhere in august, that's weird they should be getting back to you since me and your number is not far off, I would def get my CDL first then go into b/o it will be less stressful for you in the long run becoming a B/O..i have many friends who are b/o and they make good money...both bo and c/r have there ups and downs ...I believe training for b/o is 7-10 days cut and dry and 1 year probation dealing with the pricks in nyc streets such as cabs,dollar vans and not to forget face to face interaction with customers

you think its a wise for me to just fill out this 21 page pre employment again? still waiting for a call back from miss rivera regarding this....

in my opinion I would still go and let them tell me whether to ignore it or not. I would still fill out the paperwork just in case. I would show up early the day of and, see what they tell you. Most likely Ms. Rivera will be there.

The sh!t is so annoying it's like certain folks only say something when a member post they got a letter or drug test maybe it's me but we have seen that certain pattern from a former member but again I did what I must to get where am and that's all I need to say.

I wouldn't even sweat it. I have learned to ignore people.

Archived