Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hey fellas ,I was there yesterday was there since 630 on the line and was out by 1130 ,had to take another drug test but they used the same paper works I handed in august. .yup 3-90 days bs but I believe they will get back quick due to November class

Not sure but right now we could go either November or December. Remember they a lot time to give your job 2 weeks. So I'm think maybe December 26 which is the start of the Class that month. I just found out that school car classes are TO and CO all combined.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but right now we could go either November or December. Remember they a lot time to give your job 2 weeks. So I'm think maybe December 26 which is the start of the Class that month. I just found out that school car classes are TO and CO all combined.

MTA will call you when they get to your number and will not take into consideration whether you give your old job 2 weeks or 1 day so don't count on that.  If you want this job take it when they call you because this list might be dead at the end of the year and you wont have another chance.

Yeah, don't stress over giving two weeks notice. That's a courtesy, not a requirement. And these days many employers will fire you when you give notice, anyway - they'll say "no, today is your last day." The idea is they don't want people on the payroll who aren't focused on doing the job. Anyway, take the job when it's offered, then give your current employer whatever notice that allows.

Yeah, don't stress over giving two weeks notice. That's a courtesy, not a requirement. And these days many employers will fire you when you give notice, anyway - they'll say "no, today is your last day." The idea is they don't want people on the payroll who aren't focused on doing the job. Anyway, take the job when it's offered, then give your current employer whatever notice that allows.

the second I get my notice when to start I'll file for a leave of absence and hope it gets approved.

A 3-month leave of absence should be enough time for conductor, since you'll be out of school car and on the road within 2 months of your first day on the job. If you have the smarts and discipline to pass school car you should be ok on the road and be able to pass probation and make this a career. Hopefully you'll get the leave and get at least six months, for more peace of mind.

You would want a year leave of absence for train operator, since that training program is 8-9 months.

A 3-month leave of absence should be enough time for conductor, since you'll be out of school car and on the road within 2 months of your first day on the job. If you have the smarts and discipline to pass school car you should be ok on the road and be able to pass probation and make this a career. Hopefully you'll get the leave and get at least six months, for more peace of mind.

You would want a year leave of absence for train operator, since that training program is 8-9 months.

But isn't probation still a year for conductors?

hey for those who are on the job as we speak, how much traveling are you guys doing? are they making you guys work every line in your division? whats the most hours so far you worked and how do you like the job so far ? whats the hardest thing about this job so far?

thanks guys

@Glenn, take everything, meaning diplomas, employment history, driver'a license, birth certificate, etc. even things you've given them before. worst case scenario they don't ask for it or they have it in their file in front of them. If they want something and you can't get it to them that day they'll put your application on hold until you return with the documentation. That could delay you enough to miss a class.

if your talking about that 21 page booklet then no. But still bring everything that they asked including your original documents. I was the first person called for conductor and, they guy I had told me to look out for an email or phone call because of the classes that are coming out. So that pretty much confirms this would be for the November class or December class. 

Archived