Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole process at 180 Livingston is frustrating, just as the training...they need to be more organized honestly..i felt like the ticket number system was the best way because it seems people who didn't come in early for the same exam who was on the same line was getting in front or leaving more earlier  because the idiots at the desk forgot to call your name or didn't put your paper works properly on the desk to call your name..

the whole process at 180 Livingston is frustrating, just as the training...they need to be more organized honestly..i felt like the ticket number system was the best way because it seems people who didn't come in early for the same exam who was on the same line was getting in front or leaving more earlier because the idiots at the desk forgot to call your name or didn't put your paper works properly on the desk to call your name..

I did notice that they don't use tickets unless it was for your medical appointment. The whole process is nerve racking even when you are there waiting.

Some of those ladies at the desk have some of the worse attitudes you could imagine. Since they know the answers they seem to think every one else does so they get frustrated when you ask a simple question

luckly I had the white guy both times when you first go in the big waiting area. He has always been nice and always funny.

Yea ppl do but so what it's her job to answer them. Go do something where you don't have to deal with people if you can't handle it. I work at a hotel Right I get asked the same question all day. If I would talk to a customer the way she did to the guy next to me I would get suspended on the spot. But they know ppl ain't going to complain because those are the ppl who handle your paperwork.

Yea ppl do but so what it's her job to answer them. Go do something where you don't have to deal with people if you can't handle it. I work at a hotel Right I get asked the same question all day. If I would talk to a customer the way she did to the guy next to me I would get suspended on the spot. But they know ppl ain't going to complain because those are the ppl who handle your paperwork.

Sometimes we all have bad days. Sometimes a few of us have bad weeks. And the rest of time some of us have bad consecutive days.

Spent over a decade giving people brutally honest reality of their irresponsibility with money during my job as a banker and the only lesson I learned is to not let other people's bad attitudes get me down.

If that person feels like spreading their bad day like a flu virus, I would just remind myself that their problems are not mine and if they don't care to fix it nor improve the culture of their environment, then I make it my purpose NOT to spread their toxicity.

Some of those ladies at the desk have some of the worse attitudes you could imagine. Since they know the answers they seem to think every one else does so they get frustrated when you ask a simple question

That lady behind counter #3 on the far left is truly an a**hole.

Plus it's a government position. It's not like the private sector where people are spending their money. It's makes a big difference.

glenn, stil debating..working for 15 years with weekend and holidays off is kind of hard to let go smh..but I have to make that decision asap

Man you still making that decision... 

Do you want to make good money, with good retirement... and be able to make 100k a year with future promotions? I'm here for myself, and my future family.

It is a process. If you want the job, go through the process.

Crying about someone else's attitude who already has a job isn't going to get you through the process any faster.

Stereotyping and knocking all civil service employees because of a couple you don't like dealing with is counterproductive too, and remember...you're about to become one of them. The spread of this sort of ignorance and hatred among the public is why transit workers are generally despised by the very people they serve, who are often of equally modest means. When you put that shit on a message board, you are contributing to it also.

Learn to develop thick skin. Words are words. Laugh it off, call the person an unspeakable name in your head, visualize yourself punching them in the face (but don't actually do it), smile and nod, say something harmless in return as sarcastically as you can (smile + "thank you, you're the greatest" is always good)...whatever you have to do. It's just words and this is a skill you will need in a career here. If every stupid thing sets you off, whether from your coworkers or the public, you're gonna have a bad time.

Archived