Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took this exam and was told to come in to possibly be considered for a transit cleaner position. I went in for pre employment and my drug test was clear. 3 weeks went by and I have not heard anything back, so I called them 3 days ago and they said that they reached my list number (for the cleaner position) and that I don't need to call them anymore. They were surprised that I did not get a letter in the mail and then they told me to check my email. There have been no phone calls, emails or letters from the MTA in the past 3 weeks since I went in for pre employment. They told me to check my email ever since I went in for pre employment. Does anyone know why they told me not to call anymore? Do they send a letter at this point or an email? Did they tell me not to call anymore because they decided not to hire me? Thanks.

one thing I learned dealing with the MTA is just set it and forget it, they will call you when you least expect it...just be patient

the way they do things in the MTA is like you have to drop everything you do and remember your nothing but a list # to them..they don't care for excuses ..they will just move on to the next list#

one thing I learned dealing with the MTA is just set it and forget it, they will call you when you least expect it...just be patient

the way they do things in the MTA is like you have to drop everything you do and remember your nothing but a list # to them..they don't care for excuses ..they will just move on to the next list#

It seems to me that if people are just list numbers and if the mta just moves on to the next number, then they can skip you and they might never call you, so if people don't get calls for weeks, it seems that we have to keep calling them to know why we have not heard back from them and to make sure they don't just skip us and we loose the opportunity altogether.

It seems to me that if people are just list numbers and if the mta just moves on to the next number, then they can skip you and they might never call you, so if people don't get calls for weeks, it seems that we have to keep calling them to know why we have not heard back from them and to make sure they don't just skip us and we loose the opportunity altogether.

sometimes thats just how it is when you trying to work for any government agency. People have to wait almost 3 years just to get called for the NYPD and that's just the beginning. At times I worry myself if we are being skipped but I doubt it. All we can do is sit back and wait. I would suggest taking the upcoming train operator exam or looking at other city jobs so you can get your foot in the door.

After 4months of torture FINALLY 

Congratulations! You have successfully completed the first phase of the pre-employment process for a Conductor position.  Accordingly, please accept this letter as a conditional offer of employment subject to successful completion of a medical evaluation.  Upon successful completion of the medical evaluation, consistent with applicable laws, any criminal conviction(s) record will be reviewed.  If you are still interested in this position, please return to our facility at 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor, Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, December 6 , 2016 at 7:30am to complete the final phase of the process. 

After 4months of torture FINALLY

Congratulations! You have successfully completed the first phase of the pre-employment process for a Conductor position. Accordingly, please accept this letter as a conditional offer of employment subject to successful completion of a medical evaluation. Upon successful completion of the medical evaluation, consistent with applicable laws, any criminal conviction(s) record will be reviewed. If you are still interested in this position, please return to our facility at 180 Livingston Street (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor, Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, December 6 , 2016 at 7:30am to complete the final phase of the process.

congrats, what's your list#

Yes, she sent 3back to back emails.

It crazy because I just turned down a last min.job to drive bus South Dakota. I would've left today and returned Thursday.

what a coincidence. I hope I get an email. Congratulations again. I believe you went before me in August.

So I'm not sure but I figure that I won't be called back. Just called them and asked what list number they're up to the lady said 64xx. My number is 659x, I asked does she have a timeline around when they'll call me or get to my number she said no. December class starts the 26th...so yea unless we're talking super last minute I think I'll be on the outside looking in come February.:/ But trying to stay hopeful and positive. Good luck to the people that are in and those that'll be in.

So I'm not sure but I figure that I won't be called back. Just called them and asked what list number they're up to the lady said 64xx. My number is 659x, I asked does she have a timeline around when they'll call me or get to my number she said no. December class starts the 26th...so yea unless we're talking super last minute I think I'll be on the outside looking in come February.:/ But trying to stay hopeful and positive. Good luck to the people that are in and those that'll be in.

I done gave up on MTA. Then I received email so all I can say is good luck. Remember we still have to pass medical and criminal background round checks. You will get called don't worry. 

Archived