Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the last number invited to schoolcar is 176 then the list is moving much faster than I thought. I figured by only now that it would still be under 100. If this keeps up by this time next year Transit would have gone through 2000 people.

Honestly, this list is moving so slow that I don't think it will even reach 1000 by this time nxt yr

It's great they are calling peopel fast. I did the math and at the current rate they are calling, they should get to my number in October. Unfortunately, I will be in Boston for one week in October. So I'm hoping they slow down just a bit so I get my letter in November.

It's great they are calling peopel fast. I did the math and at the current rate they are calling, they should get to my number in October. Unfortunately, I will be in Boston for one week in October. So I'm hoping they slow down just a bit so I get my letter in November.

This isnt "fast" when i started as a T/O from the O/C test of February 2000,they was calling us in Bunches.

They was calling people every other month Once that list was certified.They started calling in late 2000, my list number was 788 i got the Letter in September of 2001. Thats Fast.

They only call for the "Needs" if they dont need people they wont call as fast. Just remember down here "Its the Flavor of the month"...

Shakingmyheadattheimpateince.com

Just how long is school car ?

7 weeks of training in the A Division (1 week of orientation, 4 weeks of schoolcar classes, 2 weeks of posting)

8 weeks of training in the B Division.

And where is it held ? ( an approximate is fine ):cool:

All over. You'll start by going to 130 Livingston, you'll spend a few days at the Learning Center at the old PS 248 in South Brooklyn...then you'll go all over depending on your division and your class's schedule. Note you will have weekends off throughout schoolcar.

Wow, 362 is the list number on a gentleman above. I find the list is moving incredibly quick considering the time in which the first person was called. Its bound to slow down but man oh man Transit sure wants their conductors in line.

Conductor is a high turnover title . They always hire a lot .

maybe the hiring process is high turnover, as far as I can tell it's pretty much a career title taken yoi dont screw it up and get fired. The odd schedule the first few years pretty much garantees you have no time to find a better job and by the time you have any seniority youre already dug in nicely in a foxhole. On another note, I called dcas a few mins ago and noticed they changed all the voiceovers on their automated service, for the better I think.

hey,everybody im new 2 this so, bare with me.does anyone know if a felony is an automatic no hire?im in the 700's and dont want 2 get my hopes up 2 be dissappointed.ive heard they still hire but, i wanted 2 get a few oppinions on this or sumome from the inside.thank u!:confused.

Archived