Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

you would think they'll call the ppl for the cleaner job in the same order. So we basically took two drug test for nothing.

Edited by Glenn200

you would think they'll call the ppl for the cleaner job in the same order. So we basically took two drug test for nothing.

I wouldn't give up hope but, if we don't hear anything by mid January then I would have to assume it's over.

Y'all have to stop being so negative god damn some folks have waited just like y'all just relax and if you have faith no need to worry I stopped at one point and forgot boom

Had my letter I took my pre-employment and it took them 3 months to get back to me

It's hard to relax, wait and be calm for something that may never come at all. I don't know how they are doing things for cleaners from this exam but my pre employment letter said they had immediate vacancies for cleaners. It's been 5 weeks since I went in for pre employment and drug testing and I have not heard back from them. I called two weeks ago and I was told I don't have to call anymore. Why would they tell me not to call anymore? Are they reaching my number soon or have they skipped me and don't want me calling anymore? Does the mta tell people who went for pre employment that they are not getting hired or do they say nothing at all? Checking my email constantly for something that may never come is nerve wrecking.

Y'all have to stop being so negative god damn some folks have waited just like y'all just relax and if you have faith no need to worry I stopped at one point and forgot boom

Had my letter I took my pre-employment and it took them 3 months to get back to me

What Ammo said is facts. I've been on the negative train before. But calm down guys if you've been tested twice they're not going to waste there money. You will be contacted, stop making assumptions and listening to hard hashed information. We will be called just be easy they're lest than 100 people away from me and most of y'all have lower list numbers. Stop going insane over this I know how hard it can be. But stress kills.

And remember there is still more steps so instead of focusing on that email y'all should make sure that all your paperwork is in order and any tickets are paid up and that your health is good via blood pressure and sugar

• Upvote 1

This process is frustrating to say the least. I come home and check the mail today. I see an over stuffed envelope from the MTA. Kinda upset because i gave in and paid the $82 for the new T/O test earlier in the day. Open the envelope.... its a pre-employment letter for the 2301 (Bus Operator). Seeing as how i dont have a CDL or permit, its kinda useless to me. The wait continues.

This process is frustrating to say the least. I come home and check the mail today. I see an over stuffed envelope from the MTA. Kinda upset because i gave in and paid the $82 for the new T/O test earlier in the day. Open the envelope.... its a pre-employment letter for the 2301 (Bus Operator). Seeing as how i dont have a CDL or permit, its kinda useless to me. The wait continues.

I did the same thing just think of it as your promotional exam it'll be about 2 years when they call for that test. Don't loose hope, cause I've heard from multiple good sources that were okay. Just wait it out check twice a day and that's it.

did you apply for the bus operator exam?

did you apply for the bus operator exam?

Pretty sure i took the test a while ago, cant remember to be honest. This was for the pre-employment process.

I called they said last appointed number was 6432. Called Dcas they said 5956 which is ??wha??? But I wish everyone a happy new year and hopefully I'll see my paranoid posse in the January class.

Wait.....so is there going to be a January class from 8094? I thought that it was only promotionals for January class!!!

Edited by simonbush

I believe they have stopped sending people pre-employment for this exam but for people like us who are waiting for medical and final processing we have until February.

Edited by tdevon2012

Firstly I need clarification on this promotional stuff because idk what promotional list there is. To be promoted to a Conductor doesn't make sense cause it's an entry level job. Station Agents and Cleaner are mixed in our list. Please Anyone Correct Me If I'm Wrong!?! Secondly the very reason this list has gone on this long is because MTA was sued once so they're not going to just end the list prematurely. I know what has been said before but don't put so much weight in thing you haven't heard from an official rep. Call for you answers. Don't even take my word for it. But all 3 of my sources say calm down they're going to call. So that's what I'm doing.

Firstly I need clarification on this promotional stuff because idk what promotional list there is. To be promoted to a Conductor doesn't make sense cause it's an entry level job. Station Agents and Cleaner are mixed in our list. Please Anyone Correct Me If I'm Wrong!?! Secondly the very reason this list has gone on this long is because MTA was sued once so they're not going to just end the list prematurely. I know what has been said before but don't put so much weight in thing you haven't heard from an official rep. Call for you answers. Don't even take my word for it. But all 3 of my sources say calm down they're going to call. So that's what I'm doing.

there is a promotional exam for conductor. When I 1st went in August I was told that once this list is done which is February that they would move on the promotional exam. I know someone said they were moving on to the promotional exam but that might be for pre-employment. We just have to sit this out. I believe by the time Tuesday comes we should get an email for the January class.

I stand corrected... the was in fact a recent promotional exams for cleaners. But again they're pulling from that list after February when this list is dead. As per one of my sources.