Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So ms Rivera said there will be a January class? I am shocked because of this post about two pages back.......it clearly said that at some information session they said December is the last class from 8094

yes January 30. If you check the train operator forums they say it there as well.

Who are your sources, if u don't mind me asking?

My father retired Supervisor, client retired supervisor and a friend current conductor.

I'm just saying a lot of people give a lot of false, half true information. Gather all the information but don't stress. Cause I've been there, with this forum pick your sources carefully. Again I even said don't believe me 100%

I spoke to Ms. Rivera.

You see Tdevon spoke straight to Mrs Rivera and got a different answer to someone else that supposedly spoke to Mrs Rivera. I called and they said the last appointment number was 6432 last page someone told Mark it was 6412 and if you call dcas its 5965. I just stick with being calm we came this far and lord willing I'll see y'all in January.

You see Tdevon spoke straight to Mrs Rivera and got a different answer to someone else that supposedly spoke to Mrs Rivera. I called and they said the last appointment number was 6432 last page someone told Mark it was 6412 and if you call dcas its 5965. I just stick with being calm we came this far and lord willing I'll see y'all in January.

yeah I'm trying not to loose my mind with the different answers. If I don't hear anything by February 28 then I know I didn't make it. Advice to everyone here "place your eggs in different baskets"

there is a promotional exam for conductor. When I 1st went in August I was told that once this list is done which is February that they would move on the promotional exam. I know someone said they were moving on to the promotional exam but that might be for pre-employment. We just have to sit this out. I believe by the time Tuesday comes we should get an email for the January class.

Same here!! My jsource just told me about the promotional exam just now. He asked a cleaning lady and she said the same thing. If y'all don't know Dcas will no longer administer testing for MTA. Our list was thrown out before. MTA was sued because it threw our list out without using it. So present day we're only getting called because it has to stay open till February and they have a need for Conductors. So just sit it out and wait.

RTO PROMOTIONAL LINES

Conductors promote from

-Station agent

-Track cleaner

-CTA (cleaner Transit Authority)

-Transit Property Protection Agent

-Collecting Agent

-or can be open competitive

Train Operators promote from

-Conductor

-Bus operator

-Tower operator

-Any permanent title where they've taken an open competitive test for the position AND have completed the certificate program to be eligible for the exam

-or can be open competitive

Tower Operators promote from

-Station agent

-Conductor

-Transit Electrical Helper

Assistant Train Dispatchers promote from

-Conductor

-Station Agent

-Collecting Agent

Train Dispatchers promote from

-Tower Operator

-Train Operator

-Assistant Train Dispatcher

Train Service Supervisors promote from

-Train Operator

-Train Dispatcher (but must have experience as a Train Operator)

Any title that accepts open competitive applicants gives preference to applicants that come off a promotional list before hiring anyone off an open competitive list.

they have plenty of exams this year, I will not make this C/R job make me lose hope, take all the exams you can and just keep doing what your doing..it will suck to wait for this job and when your actually doing it you will say this isn't for me, trust me people not all MTA job is gold..there is a B/O exam coming up..i will take this and others  as well

they have plenty of exams this year, I will not make this C/R job make me lose hope, take all the exams you can and just keep doing what your doing..it will suck to wait for this job and when your actually doing it you will say this isn't for me, trust me people not all MTA job is gold..there is a B/O exam coming up..i will take this and others as well

I've been saying that to people. Put your eggs in different baskets. I took the bus operator exam and, right now I am doing my CDL lesson so I can be ready for them to call me. The key thing is to find a way into the MTA.

I've been saying that to people. Put your eggs in different baskets. I took the bus operator exam and, right now I am doing my CDL lesson so I can be ready for them to call me. The key thing is to find a way into the MTA.

I hear that. On to the Bus Operator test I'm taking every one, until I get in.

Also, don't limit yourself to MTA. Try to take different civil service exams thru DCAS, providing you meet the qualifications. Then, you can always transfer from whatever city agency to transit, and you'll be at least partway there when it comes to retire.

Also, don't limit yourself to MTA. Try to take different civil service exams thru DCAS, providing you meet the qualifications. Then, you can always transfer from whatever city agency to transit, and you'll be at least partway there when it comes to retire.

I already work for the city but that is a good idea for others. I took everything that I knew I qualified for. That's how I have the job I am at now.

I called as well and was told that the list is at 6432 and the last class will be on 1/16.  I also asked what number do they think they will stop at and an answer could not be provided.  My list number is 649X.  Sigh...oh well.  I still have some hope but it feels like it might not happen, being that the 16th is less than 13 days away. 

Archived