Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I called today and, was told that they would not reach my list number and that there would be no class in February. So whoever gets called now will be in the class at the end of the month. So I know for 100% sure that I didn't make it. For those who are getting calls congratulations.

Wow I'm sorry, if they're not jumping around then I'm out as well given your number. I didn't receive a call but I guess mines isn't coming. Lol

I had a feeling when i didn't receive a letter to come back last week that I wasn't going to make it. So it wasn't much of a shock when she told me I wasn't going to be called. I was smart to take the next conductor exam that came out. Hopefully I scored high and, have a better list number this time around. But I have bus operator to look forward too. I was close by not close enough. 

I had a feeling when i didn't receive a letter to come back last week that I wasn't going to make it. So it wasn't much of a shock when she told me I wasn't going to be called. I was smart to take the next conductor exam that came out. Hopefully I scored high and, have a better list number this time around. But I have bus operator to look forward too. I was close by not close enough.

Yes brother not our last ride. I'm still gonna wait to see. But I have to make weight for Corrections, and take BO. Would be lovely if Sanitation or Court Officer started calling as well. So I'm not going to hang my head so low.

How the promotional works is. For every 3 hires, 1 person gets promoted. The reason why it's taking so long to get called is because a lot of people that were on medical hold are getting the last spots.

Sort of.

It doesn't mean they take 1 in 3. It just means they can't skip 3 in a row.

They can take more than 1 in 3 if they want.

so after they stop calling from this list, they will call of the promotional list , does anyone have any idea how many classes will that take. just wondering when the 6601 will come in effect.

You can email the exams unit to get an estimate. They told me over 33 thousand took the exam and they expect to have it established in one year. Enough time for me to finish up my degree. On the Train Operator thread I was told that the current exam 8098 would be expiring in March instead of September and that they're going to start calling from the Promos so that could be big for us.

Tdevon, I'm sorry about the news. Atleast on 6601 you did much better this time around, Two wrong puts you at 97.5 so you should get in fairly early when it comes if you're still interested. Keep your head up.

Goodluck to everyone.

Well, everything depends on the list itself, and the list numbers we get. I don't know why it takes so long to establish the list, but maybe they're still deciding which questions, if any, to strike.

And if they're not going to call from it for a while then there's no rush to establish the list.

Well, everything depends on the list itself, and the list numbers we get. I don't know why it takes so long to establish the list, but maybe they're still deciding which questions, if any, to strike.

And if they're not going to call from it for a while then there's no rush to establish the list.

It sounds like he's overreacting. 8094 had 14.8k eligible (people who passed with a 70 or above) and if one would guess maybe 20-23k took the exam and thousands failed to get atleast a 70. The same will happen with 6601, shoot there were people bragging about scoring in the 80's or just passing in general after the preliminary results for 6601 came out lol.

As for the second part, remember the MTA themselves are administering their own exams now not DCAS, The promotional exam has to be canvassed first before they establish an open competitive one and two years from the exam date to being established isn't that long IMO. I'm assuming you meant why haven't they made it public. (there's a difference between made public and established) I saw a pic of someone getting their Bus Operator results in the mail after the MTA took over the exam process and on the paper it has the date that the test was established along with the score and list number.

They're changing things up. Our test is probably graded already with the protests in mind, but they won't make it public until the list is ready for hire.

We're straying off topic a bit, maybe we should go over to the 6601 thread to continue.

You can email the exams unit to get an estimate. They told me over 33 thousand took the exam and they expect to have it established in one year. Enough time for me to finish up my degree. On the Train Operator thread I was told that the current exam 8098 would be expiring in March instead of September and that they're going to start calling from the Promos so that could be big for us.

Tdevon, I'm sorry about the news. Atleast on 6601 you did much better this time around, Two wrong puts you at 97.5 so you should get in fairly early when it comes if you're still interested. Keep your head up.

Goodluck to everyone.

thanks man. I am staying positive.

Has anyone heard anything about the cleaner jobs being offered from this exam list? I went in for pre employment and drug test on November 8th, and passed my drug test. No one has contacted me and I can hardly get through to anyone on the phone and when I do I get different answers. They keep telling me to check my email and also that only person there handles all the cleaners and this person is the only one who has the files and no one else but her knows anything, and she hardly answers her phone but will just give me the standard check your email response and hangs up on me.

Has anyone heard anything about the cleaner jobs being offered from this exam list? I went in for pre employment and drug test on November 8th, and passed my drug test. No one has contacted me and I can hardly get through to anyone on the phone and when I do I get different answers. They keep telling me to check my email and also that only person there handles all the cleaners and this person is the only one who has the files and no one else but her knows anything, and she hardly answers her phone but will just give me the standard check your email response and hangs up on me.

Yeah. I keep getting some of the same answers as well. I also did 2 drug tests. I spoke to hear earlier this week and she asked me my list number, then she stated what number she was last at, which was 6432, however someone in this thread recent got a call and was 648(?) something. She also told me that the last call will be on 30th. I asked her if there was a chance she would reach my number soon and she just told me to check my email. I'm assuming that by weds, if I don't get an email, then it's officially done.

Archived