Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

This list will end with the last class going in and won't be extended again but I have been out the loop cause am putting in so many hours I will say to the new conductors about to come on board make sure you talk with your family and let them know transit will destroy your relationship am proof cause the demand on us coming out of school car we just a body they will send you anywhere and anytime

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is why I always say the C/R is a great job for a single person without kids, this is why I had to resign from schoolcar as a T/O because I couldn't miss my daughter growing up especially how she is now 4 years old..after training as a T.O I knew this job was not what people thought it would be...I thought it was an easy position where you go up and down the dam tracks but there is more to these positions that will put you into a shock..as a C/R your in the middle of everything..sick passengers,pulled EBV,disgruntled customers due to service delays..my brother has been a conductor for 5 years now and he tells me stories..everyday I see him he would look so drained and not even taking care of himself...you will GAIN weight as well ...so try to join a gym or something ..but you might be to drained to go..you will live off vending machines and eating all kind of different hours....take care of your health people...now they will be testing for sleep apnea etc...I will just take other exams such as car inspector , signal maintainer where I can get a "regular" schedule and have a life as well

I am not knocking the c/r or t/o positions just isn't for everyone

This list will end with the last class going in and won't be extended again but I have been out the loop cause am putting in so many hours I will say to the new conductors about to come on board make sure you talk with your family and let them know transit will destroy your relationship am proof cause the demand on us coming out of school car we just a body they will send you anywhere and anytime

it gets better. before long you'll be picking a job and have the option for steady hours and steady work location, and then as your seniority improves you'll get more control of that.

I got an email today. I have to report on Friday for medical. This will be for the February 27th.

Yes!!! That's what I'm talking about. Congrats.

So this February class is the last class for exam 8094?

Yes it should be, but it's hard to grasp their process.

if I am sworn in on Friday before I am hired which is before the list expiring.

Congrats on the call and goodluck on your medical. You were down in the dumps about a week ago now look at you, lol.

Any idea if your class will be mixed with O/C's and promos? I hope everything goes well and hope to see you down the road in the next 1-3 years.

Congrats on the call and goodluck on your medical. You were down in the dumps about a week ago now look at you, lol.

Any idea if your class will be mixed with O/C's and promos? I hope everything goes well and hope to see you down the road in the next 1-3 years.

I know lol. But I was focusing on my bus operator as my backup. I don't know if the class would be mixed. I will probably find out when I go in for medical.

Congrats on getting that call if your medical goes well then you will be sworn in the same day

I know. I'm going to be drinking plenty of water and no food with sodium in it. I had a check up two weeks ago and I was fine by my doctor so I shouldn't have any issues.

I got an email today. I have to report on Friday for medical. This will be for the February 27th.

Congrats man. This list is still active and probably will be for another month or so. My "class" is full of O/Cs and promos and some demotions as well. Ppl with list numbers in the 5000s all the way to the mid 6000s. Dont lose hope people.

Congrats man. This list is still active and probably will be for another month or so. Im finding out from other students that a certain someone screwed up big. Hence all the extensions. My "class" is full of O/Cs and promos and some demotions as well. Ppl with list numbers in the 5000s all the way to the mid 6000s. Do t lose hope people.

im starting to think that this list might have been extended for a little.

This list will not be extended after speaking with some union reps but congrats extended to those whom got the emails and calls this class will be mixed as transit has to get through the promo list and now they have so many conductors about to retire I started in August and my class was cr/a-10 now they have 14 class that came out after me all from this list

Archived