Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to 180 yesterday to do alot of paperwork and drug test, now just waiting for the next step. there were alot of people for car inspector and only 2 other people for conductor

Same here. I was at 180 Livingston this morning and there were a lot more for Car Inspector than Conductor. I think of it as a great sign for me, might be in school car sooner than I thought.

Hey whats up Pablo.

Got sworn in today lots of paperwork to read concerning benifits, So I'm in. Its been a long 3 years but the wait is finally over.

That's great to hear Dan! It was good seeing you.

Best of luck with everything bro, see ya out there on the road!

And I could tell you be prepared to be there a loooong F'n time and those seats are uncomfortable in the long run. And you'll be watching ny1 news repeats all day. Also theres a doc there that he looks like he's going to iraq or something with his army style poncho bags hanging off his body, that guy looks like trouble.

And I could tell you be prepared to be there a loooong F'n time and those seats are uncomfortable in the long run. And you'll be watching ny1 news repeats all day. Also theres a doc there that he looks like he's going to iraq or something with his army style poncho bags hanging off his body, that guy looks like trouble.

Yeah that's the dude that put me on medical hold for the C/R job in the first place. I got it cleared but ultimately decided to stay until my number is called for the T/O position instead.

Wow, 362 is the list number on a gentleman above. I find the list is moving incredibly quick considering the time in which the first person was called. Its bound to slow down but man oh man Transit sure wants their conductors in line.

There is a conductor shortage. Also a lot of people on vacation at the moment too, and people retiring soon. It's all hands on deck right now. Plus with them calling promotional Train Operators they're losing conductors as fast as they're hiring them.

The pace will pick up when more schoolcar instructors (there's a shortage of them too) return from vacations. Which it sounds like they are.

There is a conductor shortage. Also a lot of people on vacation at the moment too, and people retiring soon. It's all hands on deck right now. Plus with them calling promotional Train Operators they're losing conductors as fast as they're hiring them.

The pace will pick up when more schoolcar instructors (there's a shortage of them too) return from vacations. Which it sounds like they are.

Yeah I heard about there being a shortage of instructors. I thought garanteed weekends off was a given, I guess not. Just finished a bit of reading about a real bleak U.S economical forcast as we speak. Its not looking even slightly good and its bound to have an effect on all agencies that cant turn a profit. Hell even if they make a profit nothing's stable, just take a look at what Verizon is doing after reporting billions upon billions in profit. I wish you guys good luck, behave and save some money and buy some gold to protect against inevitable hyperinflation, you never know when there is going to be a mass layoff too. Mine is right around the corner :P

hey,everybody im new 2 this so, bare with me.does anyone know if a felony is an automatic no hire?im in the 700's and dont want 2 get my hopes up 2 be dissappointed.ive heard they still hire but, i wanted 2 get a few oppinions on this or sumome from the inside.thank u!:confused.

You told them on your application?

Was the question posted there? If it wasnt and they call you you better tell them, if you dont and when they find out its bye bye...

This might sound a bit ignorant, but since some people claim there's a conductor shortage, what exactly does this translate into?

Alot of overtime for current conductors?

Transit delays?

OT for C/R's yes somebody gotta cover those Trips...

Delays (ABD's) only if there is NO C/R to make that trip...

I took the O/C Train Conductor exam #8094 back in Dec '08. I scored pretty well - 98.9% with a list # of 623. I read through a few threads to gain as much information as possible to know exactly where MTA was @ with the list.

Is MTA finally in the O/C list? I still need to put in a change of address, since I've moved recently. Would it be possible of having the notice/letter from 180 Livingston forwarded to you new address? Can anyone please post some info on what MTA been up to recently in reference to O/C Conductors List? Thanks! :P

I took the O/C Train Conductor exam #8094 back in Dec '08. I scored pretty well - 98.9% with a list # of 623. I read through a few threads to gain as much information as possible to know exactly where MTA was @ with the list.

Is MTA finally in the O/C list? I still need to put in a change of address, since I've moved recently. Would it be possible of having the notice/letter from 180 Livingston forwarded to you new address? Can anyone please post some info on what MTA been up to recently in reference to O/C Conductors List? Thanks! :P

They are definitely on the list now last I heard (on here) they were in the 200-300 range. However I am fairly sure that they are just above your number as far as the ones that were submitted (to/from?) DCAS which means that most likely you are going to be in one of the next few batches called depending on their needs.

Either way I would call DCAS and make sure they were aware of your change of address ASAP so you wouldn't need to worry about having the letter forwarded.

Is MTA finally in the O/C list? I still need to put in a change of address, since I've moved recently. Would it be possible of having the notice/letter from 180 Livingston forwarded to you new address? Can anyone please post some info on what MTA been up to recently in reference to O/C Conductors List? Thanks! :(

Yeah definitely call DCAS ASAP to give them that change of address. MTA only sends out letters initially. You have 4 years to respond to the job offer, but you don't want to lose seniority to people who scored lower than you because you didn't have a updated address. And in the world of RTO seniority is king. As a new C/R you will be extra extra for sometime to come, it'll be a while before you can pick a job.

I got a call on friday to report back to 180 on 8/25 for medical and final processing, she also old me to pack a light lunch so I assume that I will be there all day.Does anyone know what I will be doing that day or anything I should be prepared for (other then sitting in those uncomfortable seats for 8+hours lol)

Does anyone know what I will be doing that day or anything I should be prepared for (other then sitting in those uncomfortable seats for 8+hours lol)

Blood pressure, EKG, vision test, hearing test, key muscle group strength tests, height, weight, medical interview, expect to have to resolve any issues in your past by getting a note from your doctor that it's fine (meaning have you doctor's contact info on you when you go so that if he needs to fax a "it's OK" note over on your behalf you can reach him). Know what medications you take and indicate them.

Tell the truth but don't exaggerate symptoms. "Do you get headaches" is different from saying "after you stare at a computer screen looking at NYCTransitForums for 12 hours a day, do you have a headache?" Unless a condition is chronic or you had a serious incident in the past with it, the answer is NO.

Make it through that and you do final processing. File review (yes all that paperwork - FILL OUT THE 21 PAGE DOCUMENT BEFORE YOU GO THERE AND KEEP COPIES), fingerprinting, offer of a salary and start date, official swearing in if you accept the job, photo for a TA pass, then you'll get a rule book and reporting instructions for your start date.

And yes it takes all day so bring not just lunch but a good book (or two) or some magazines, don't rely on your phone games since no phone use up there...unless you really like watching new york 1...

Is MTA finally in the O/C list? I still need to put in a change of address, since I've moved recently. Would it be possible of having the notice/letter from 180 Livingston forwarded to you new address? Can anyone please post some info on what MTA been up to recently in reference to O/C Conductors List? Thanks! :(

If you go back to page 40 on this thread NYC MIKE says that his list # is 362 and he got his letter. B):tup:

Archived