Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I went in for my second drug test for cleaner off this exam. Two weeks go by and I get a letter in the mail that says after reviewing your qualifications you were not appointed to the cleaner position. They did not interview me, see my resume or look at my 21 page booklet. They must be basing it on the application that I filled out while I was waiting. Are there actually qualifications that they look for just to be a cleaner? It's not hard, you can learn anything you need to know on the job. I am so disgusted with the MTA. Why have me come in a second time and do the entire process again for nothing? They already had the same application with my same experience from the first time I came in. What the heck is their problem? I have a clean record with no parking tickets nor any kind of unlawful activities. I just don't understand.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question for anyone who did their medical, did you receive notification by email or regular postal service? Reason I ask is that I spoke to ms Rivera and she said I would receive a letter in mail so I wanted to know if I should be concerned or not

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I got an email and a phone call. I know some else got a letter that isn't on the forum.

congratz, just FYI your not official mta employee until you pass that 1 year probation, so keep out of trouble and be humble....don't take any days off and don't be late...most of all don't listen to other people especially the old schoolers and the "know it alls"

I hate to tell you... but you are one of the "knows it alls". :lol:

I hate to tell you... but you are one of the "knows it alls". :lol:

I used to think like that & then I got out of School Car & my perspective completely changed. Got humble real quick. Get past probation first. One reason why you hardly ever see me on here & plus the TSS's read these threads. Just an FYI. Be careful & do what you're told. The rest is on you. Good luck.

I am so confused right now. I just spoke to Ms. Rivera and she told me that I would have to place myself back on the list for conductor and, that there wouldn't be a class until early spring or summer. I don't get it. I just saw a bunch of people on tuesday doing their 1st drug test and, if that was the case why wasn't I told when I was there that I would have to restore myself to the list. I called DCAS and, I am still on but, I am confused on what is going on. 

I am so confused right now. I just spoke to Ms. Rivera and she told me that I would have to place myself back on the list for conductor and, that there wouldn't be a class until early spring or summer. I don't get it. I just saw a bunch of people on tuesday doing their 1st drug test and, if that was the case why wasn't I told when I was there that I would have to restore myself to the list. I called DCAS and, I am still on but, I am confused on what is going on. 

I'm lost, three drug tests? Call/write today to restore your name on the list, and you'll be ready for the Spring classes.

I'm lost, three drug tests? Call/write today to restore your name on the list, and you'll be ready for the Spring classes.

I had done three. I did it on Tuesday when I cleared my medical. I didn't expect to get into the February class but, if they don't have a class until spring that means I would have to take a 4th drug test if it's past 90 days. My question is do I have to do the medical all over again.

I had done three. I did it on Tuesday when I cleared my medical. I didn't expect to get into the February class but, if they don't have a class until spring that means I would have to take a 4th drug test if it's past 90 days. My question is do I have to do the medical all over again.

Honestly I'm not sure about re-doing the medical. However do get yourself back on the list by contacting DCAS, that way they will call you asap. Hopefully within a month.

Honestly I'm not sure about re-doing the medical. However do get yourself back on the list by contacting DCAS, that way they will call you asap. Hopefully within a month.

How long after your medical do you have to lift the hold. It only took me a week but, nobody said at MTA that I was off the list when they allowed me to do a third drug exam. DCAS still has me on the list as of this past Sunday.

How long after your medical do you have to lift the hold. It only took me a week but, nobody said at MTA that I was off the list when they allowed me to do a third drug exam. DCAS still has me on the list as of this past Sunday.

I would go there or call back to be sure that have all the info correct. Take a trip down there if you have to.

flagging is no fun?

Long hours, good money, overnight shifts.

Actually my boy just starting flagging and he loves it, he stated "I am not going back to the road, until I become a TO". However, he doesn't mind the hours or the overnight shift.

Let me weight in on this being that I went through the same thing. If you don't clear your medical in time before they start pulling more names off the list then you will have to reinstate your name back on the list. Meaning unfortunately once you are called again when they pull the next batch of names off the list again, you will have to do the drug test & medical exam all over again. But the good news is you will have top seniority over all the people that were called along with you.???????????? And what I read this Conductor list was extended again.????????????

Let me weight in on this being that I went through the same thing. If you don't clear your medical in time before they start pulling more names off the list then you will have to reinstate your name back on the list. Meaning unfortunately once you are called again when they pull the next batch of names off the list again, you will have to do the drug test & medical exam all over again. But the good news is you will have top seniority over all the people that were called along with you.[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] And what I read this Conductor list was extended again.[emoji32][emoji32][emoji32]

I guess I have to wait for DCAS to pull me from the list. I thought I did my medical clearance in time not to loose my spot. Now to redo all that stuff all over again and possibly be placed on a medical hold and loose out again. I'll just wait and see what's going to happen. I get it but my question is why have me do a third drug test if I missed my opportunity. Why tell me to wait 90 days if I am going to get pulled from the list. Mine you every person I spoke to on Tuesday said it was fine that I cleared it up the medical. I have seen them tell people on the spot to restore their name to the list but nobody told me that.

Archived