Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Drew, I love schoolcar stories as well.

I'm especially interested to know what shift they put you on, how big the class is, and any word about how long they'll keep calling from 8094.

Probably not much longer according to the last update I received from the exams unit. They're apparently trying to get 6601 established by the end of the year so maybe we're looking at fall. I saw a post in this thread that stated that they're hiring cleaners off of this list so that looks like the ship is finally sinking.

We have to keep remaining patient as usual, but it's definitely coming.

You should try emailing them as well.

To those that started on this past Monday (June 19) how's it going so far. Man do i enjoy a good school car story lmao!!!

Its going good just alot of different speakers talking right now. Tomorrow we get more of our equipment. And we already got split up in our classes already.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Its going good just alot of different speakers talking right now. Tomorrow we get more of our equipment. And we already got split up in our classes already.

4 different people speaking at once yeah go figure lmao. They trying to cram every bit of info into yall. Was you able to pick your division of choice or was everybody thrown into one?!

4 different people speaking at once yeah go figure lmao. They trying to cram every bit of info into yall. Was you able to pick your division of choice or was everybody thrown into one?!

well B division filled up quick so everyone else went to A division.

At the beginning yeah and then once B got full they threw everyone in A. So majority is in A

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

hi everyone yes it was a busy week and overwhelming i got the A division which i wanted yay, okay so now it gets real i would like to say congratulations to everyone and wishing the best. hey who is in class CR A42 on the forum i have not met anyone from this forum;

How many classes are there that started last

Monday (6/19)? How many conductors total?

I would say about 120. I believe 6 A division classes and 4 B division classes. All school car classes for conductors are 3pm to 1am. I have to report tomorrow at 240th Street Yard on the 1.

• 4 weeks later...

The last class so far that started is July 17, 2017. They say the next one might be September 2017, no exact date. I went to pre-employment on 6/20 and they say i will get a call or email 3-90 days. My score was 83** I also retake the new Conductor test 6601 which I got a better score based on the answers. Those who went in for pre-employment 7/20/17 is the last batch from the list 8094 which will expire 2/16/2018. 

Seen a bunch of new conductors at the learning center today getting their books and tools, I had my midterm today and passed. I had my yard practical and passed as well. I start posting on tuesday on starting with the 4 line. It's been over a month and it feels like it has been months lol. 

Question! What happens to you if you want to call DCAS to put you back in the list. Will you remain with the same list number since the list for exam 8094 hasn't expired yet ?

Yes you will. And chances are that after you re-instate yourself to the list, you will be among the next "batch" of people to be called down to 180 Livingston Street, when they're ready to process you.

Also, as per the rules, please try to stay on-topic, which includes posting in the relevant forum...it doesn't make sense to post a Conductor question in a Bus Operator thread...thank you...

Yes you will. And chances are that after you re-instate yourself to the list, you will be among the next "batch" of people to be called down to 180 Livingston Street, when they're ready to process you.

Also, as per the rules, please try to stay on-topic, which includes posting in the relevant forum...it doesn't make sense to post a Conductor question in a Bus Operator thread...thank you...

Oh I'm very sorry I need to pay attention to that.

Thank you for that information. I have a 3 digit list number so sounds like I need to reinstate ASAP. [emoji2]

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new to the forum. I reinstated myself to the list last month but when I called DCAS it doesn't say that I am on outstanding certification yet. I was number 227* so i was called a long time ago but missed it because I never changed my address with them. When I called the automated system for dcas it says that I am not on outstanding certification and to my understanding that means that my info hasn't been sent to 180 livingston yet . My question is if and when that happens am I ahead the 7000 people already certified ? It says 14480 eligibles and out of those 14440 or so are certified and the last appointed are in the 7000s . So when my info gets sent over am I before all of those who are already certified ? If so then I have a fighting chance !! But if not then I won't be called before feb of 2018. I just came from 180 livingston yesterday for preemployement for station agent and I reinstated at the same time for that position . I mean my foot is somewhat in the door but I really wanted C/R over S/A and don't want to get all into the job only to abaondon it if C/R calls . I have been looking for the forum for the station agent exam 8011 that talks about classes . I went through this one and you guys have been real good to mention when you're getting in . I'm curious to know what I'm looking at for S/A and really know if waiting on C/R is worth it !

Archived