Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I haven't been on the site much in the last couple of months and the reason for that is I have just become an Conductor for the NYC Subway! They called me in May, passed all of my medical stuff and I started training on June 27th. I passed all of my exams and for the last week and a half, I've been on the road solo. So far I've really enjoyed the job. The crews I've worked with have been really good to me and very helpful. The passengers are crazy but you have to be confident, calm and alert doing this job.

To all of the people here who are just starting up with training, congratulations! My advice to you is to be on time, ask questions, if you need tutoring, TAKE IT! One of my classmates didn't pass the midterm and if she spent more time trying to learn the stuff she had issues with where the subway cars and her procedures were concerned, she would be a conductor with me and I wish that she was. Keep on studying. Even after being done with school, I find that I still need to go over stuff I learned cause I want to be on top of my game. I have faith that all of you who got your letters will make it! I am rooting for you! :tup::tup::cool:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats

Thank you

Either the classes are pretty tough or that person didn't bring their A game with them.

The classes were challenging but it's not too tough. The key is to keep on studying to make sure you really got it down. Sadly she didn't have her A game from the start and personally I don't think she did enough to pass but she was a promotional so she was able to go back to her title.

Thank you

The classes were challenging but it's not too tough. The key is to keep on studying to make sure you really got it down. Sadly she didn't have her A game from the start and personally I don't think she did enough to pass but she was a promotional so she was able to go back to her title.

Congrats also.

I start on monday, hopefully I have what it takes also. I pretty good with understanding how things work, and operating heavy machinery and vehicles so I will be all ears and ask questions on anything I don't understand. I hope these classes and teachers work with you if your not 100%

Congrats also.

I start on monday, hopefully I have what it takes also. I pretty good with understanding how things work, and operating heavy machinery and vehicles so I will be all ears and ask questions on anything I don't understand. I hope these classes and teachers work with you if your not 100%

Congrats to you as well.

You will be fine, I'm sure of it. The teachers were very helpful with me and I'm sure they will be the same for you too. As long as you don't have a "know-it-all" attitude, you will get all the help you need without any issue.

I haven't been on the site much in the last couple of months and the reason for that is I have just become an Conductor for the NYC Subway! They called me in May, passed all of my medical stuff and I started training on June 27th. I passed all of my exams and for the last week and a half, I've been on the road solo.

Congrats, I start training next month really excited and I really like the information that I get from the members on the site. This forum has really helped me out alot

Mr Harlem the last number of people appointed is in the 170's. They are already in processing. About 640 people have been placed on outstanding certification. They have either received their pre-employment letters or its at least in the mail or in the works. Call 2126691357 DCAS hotline to keep somewhat updated, or go back a few pages on this thread. Personally, asking anything at all pertaining list #'s is pretty much irrelevant at this point when people will be posting theirs and the DCAS hotline is pretty up to date.

This might be a dumb question. But typically when waiting for the call for medical/final processing, do they have a time of day they typically call? And is it a person or automated? I'm just like super anxious to get a call. I was in on Thursday for my first visit to HR.

You will probably get a call when they get the results of your drug test, then a H.R rep will call you and tell you when to report back for medical/processing. But don't get to excited and forget to have all your I.D or fill out that booklet they gave you completely, thats the most important thing to have especially when they go over your employment history, and any violations (even traffic) that you may have accumulated over the years.

Congratulations my man! I know I told you that 2 months ago, but here it is again! I hope it's everything you thought it would be. Nice to be able to finally add a title to your name!:cool:

*deleted*

Thank you ENY!!! Your support meant and means a lot and I appreciate it!!!

This might be a dumb question. But typically when waiting for the call for medical/final processing, do they have a time of day they typically call? And is it a person or automated? I'm just like super anxious to get a call. I was in on Thursday for my first visit to HR.

It will be a person and no there is no set time of day but it will be during normal business hours EST.

Archived