Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list number was in the 200's. I took the drug Test on 8/19. I'm still waiting for a call. Was anyone there on that day that got a call back yet??? Also, is there a number that I can call to find out more definitive information?

There was a number on one of the letters for the initial medical but that sheet was taken from us by the clerks at the desk.

My list number was in the 200's. I took the drug Test on 8/19. I'm still waiting for a call. Was anyone there on that day that got a call back yet??? Also, is there a number that I can call to find out more definitive information?

There was a number on one of the letters for the initial medical but that sheet was taken from us by the clerks at the desk.

I was there on the 17th and I got a call on the 19th, but before I got the call I called H.R to ask how long it would take to get a call and she told me 7-30 days. The number I called was (347)-643-8500, I hope everything goes well

I was there on the 17th and I got a call on the 19th, but before I got the call I called H.R to ask how long it would take to get a call and she told me 7-30 days. The number I called was (347)-643-8500, I hope everything goes well

Thanks for the reply. What number should i press when the automated message comes on? I remember I had a number on the letter they sent me but they took that letter from us when we reported to 180 Livingston st.

What's ur list number?

I just call the Employment Center and the rep told me 1-30 days. So I guess it's best I go on normally and not sit by the phone biting my nails waiting...lol.

LOL. I hear that. It just makes me nervous that some others received calls within a few short days. I'm wondering if any of those folks were there the day i was. But I guess I need to be patient. I called the 347 number and talked to someone that transferred me to someone else but i had to leave the perennial message.

LOL. I hear that. It just makes me nervous that some others received calls within a few short days. I'm wondering if any of those folks were there the day i was. But I guess I need to be patient. I called the 347 number and talked to someone that transferred me to someone else but i had to leave the perennial message.

I was there on Aug. 25th. So I would assume that you would get the call first. But from what I've read here, the MTA is very unpredictable.

Cool! My list number was in the upper 200's. I hope we get the jobs. I would love to stop renting apartments for a living. This is tough! What was your list number? I was there on 8/19 and it looked like most of the people there were for other types of jobs, like T/O.

I was there thursday 8/18, my list number was 282. It was the same situation with me, most of the folks there were for other positions, especially car inspector.

There's quite a large disparity between the number of people already appointed and the number of people on outstanding certification. This is likely due to the shortage of schoolcar instructors willing and able to conduct classes. Thus the processing system makes you wait in accordance. Basically they have been sorta calling more people than they can process and appoint to a CLASS. This is probably why alot of you guys are having to wait several weeks maybe more than a month. It's still a normal process however. Due note that it possible some people may even have to take the drug test more than once maybe thrice as I saw one guy post a while back, because the test is only good for 30 days. Call (2126691357), those on outstanding certification should be paying more attention now to the number of people appointed.

There's quite a large disparity between the number of people already appointed and the number of people on outstanding certification. This is likely due to the shortage of schoolcar instructors willing and able to conduct classes. Thus the processing system makes you wait in accordance. Basically they have been sorta calling more people than they can process and appoint to a CLASS. This is probably why alot of you guys are having to wait several weeks maybe more than a month. It's still a normal process however. Due note that it possible some people may even have to take the drug test more than once maybe thrice as I saw one guy post a while back, because the test is only good for 30 days. Call (2126691357), those on outstanding certification should be paying more attention now to the number of people appointed.

I read somewhere on these forums that there is a class starting on 9/12. I wonder if there are anymore.

Hello everyone! As I can say it's about time I've made it to this forum. I know I have a little ways to go as my list number is in the high 600's. I know I will be called soon.

Shoutout to PrinceLex for making thru and is now a conductor. I'll see you out there! 

My question however is would I be DQed for having outstanding parking tickets?

Cool! My list number was in the upper 200's. I hope we get the jobs. I would love to stop renting apartments for a living. This is tough! What was your list number? I was there on 8/19 and it looked like most of the people there were for other types of jobs, like T/O.

Going to give you a good piece of advice...do not buy any long term liabilities (house, car, etc.) until you pass probation (your first year). It's rough but you can do it.

Oh crap! I'm 293!

Nice to meet ya 282!!!

IF we get the jobs, you'll have seniority over my by 11 people. lol...

Not necessarily. He will have seniority over you, but remember not everyone on the list is hired (or chooses to accept the job), so it most likely will be by less than 11 people.

Also, if someone is placed on medical hold and receives a later start date, those behind them on the list who received an earlier start date (due to not being placed on medical hold) will have seniority over that person.

Here's an Example:

Let's pretend TA wants to start a class of 4 in August, and 4 in September (these numbers would never happen but it's just an example)

List numbers 1-10 are "called" in for pre employment

1 takes the job (starts in August), 2 fails the drug test, 3 and 4 take the job (starts in August), and 5 goes on medical hold.

Since 5 is on medical hold, 6 takes the job (starts in August). The August class is full (1,3,4,6)

5 resolves his medical hold, and is placed in the September class. 7 and 8 take the job (start in September), 9 declines the position, and 10 takes the job (starts in September). The September class is full (5,7,8,10).

Seniority (by list number) would go like this (highest -> lowest): 1,3,4,6,5,7,8,10.

Now, last part: Once you become an employee, your seniority number is not your list number it is your file number which is different altogether and determines the order you pick jobs in.

So if there were already 3,500 conductors when the 8 people in the example were hired:

List #1 would be file #3501

List #3 would be file #3502

List #4 would be file #3503

List #6 would be file #3504

List #5 would be file #3505

List #7 would be file #3506

List #8 would be file #3507

List #9 would be file #3508

Hello everyone! As I can say it's about time I've made it to this forum. I know I have a little ways to go as my list number is in the high 600's. I know I will be called soon.

Shoutout to PrinceLex for making thru and is now a conductor. I'll see you out there! 

My question however is would I be DQed for having outstanding parking tickets?

Parking tickets will show up when they run your driver's license record. Best advice investigate them and pay them off now so you don't have to worry about them when you do get called.

Going to give you a good piece of advice...do not buy any long term liabilities (house, car, etc.) until you pass probation (your first year). It's rough but you can do it.

Not necessarily. He will have seniority over you, but remember not everyone on the list is hired (or chooses to accept the job), so it most likely will be by less than 11 people.

Also, if someone is placed on medical hold and receives a later start date, those behind them on the list who received an earlier start date (due to not being placed on medical hold) will have seniority over that person.

Now, last part: Once you become an employee, your seniority number is not your list number it is your file number which is different altogether and determines the order you pick jobs in.

So if there were already 3,500 conductors when the 8 people in the example were hired:

List #1 would be file #3501

List #3 would be file #3502

List #4 would be file #3503

List #6 would be file #3504

List #5 would be file #3505

List #7 would be file #3506

List #8 would be file #3507

List #9 would be file #3508

Thanks that was very informative. I was wondering about that. So the mechanism is that after you're actually hired, you're given a file number and that's the number that determines your seniority. ok cool. got it.

Parking tickets will show up when they run your driver's license record. Best advice investigate them and pay them off now so you don't have to worry about them when you do get called.

What about if you have a Learner's permit?

What about if you have a Learner's permit?

It has a driver ID on it, no?

If you pay off the parking tickets, you're getting a job back. I'd say that's a fair trade off. You don't want to get put on hold, skipped over (losing seniority), or potentially getting not appointed over something that stupid.

Archived