Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I have a question regarding the current school car classes. Did a class start this past monday August 29th?

There may have been a class yes. There is also one starting on 9/12.... so I heard.

But i called MTA yesterday. They are up to number 277 in terms of call backs for full medical and final processing. She said we are the next 20 to be called. And she confirmed that i am on that call back list. I hope shes not lying. lol.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There may have been a class yes. There is also one starting on 9/12.... so I heard.

But i called MTA yesterday. They are up to number 277 in terms of call backs for full medical and final processing. She said we are the next 20 to be called. And she confirmed that i am on that call back list. I hope shes not lying. lol.

Oh excellent. That's great to hear. I'll probably see you there lol.

It has a driver ID on it, no?

If you pay off the parking tickets, you're getting a job back. I'd say that's a fair trade off. You don't want to get put on hold, skipped over (losing seniority), or potentially getting not appointed over something that stupid.

Thanks for the info

yep we sure will. The lady said that all she's waiting for is a date. Then she can schedule us. And we should be hearing from her pretty soon.

Good Luck to you guys!

With the way things are going, I hope to be called near the end of October, no later than Thanksgiving.

I have a question regarding the current school car classes. Did a class start this past monday August 29th?

Yes...there's another class starting in Sept. I believe the entire 8/29 class, like the 7/25 class before it, is going to the B Division. No word on where the September class is going.

Aug 25th

I was there on the 8/19 and i just got the call to come in for the full medical and if i'm "cleared" they will swear me in. Class starts 9/26.

I asked what the medical consisted of. It's everything in the universe like tons of questions about your medical history, vision, hearing, ekg..... I asked if they would do another drug test and she said no.

I was there on the 8/19 and i just got the call to come in for the full medical and if i'm "cleared" they will swear me in. Class starts 9/26.

I asked what the medical consisted of. It's everything in the universe like tons of questions about your medical history, vision, hearing, ekg..... I asked if they would do another drug test and she said no.

Wish you the best!!!

Good Luck to you

Just to clarify something that's being misspoken around these parts the last few pages...a "class" beginning on a certain date is different in size than a "schoolcar class".

"Schoolcar classes" are typically no more than 10 people.

However Transit may fill a "class" of 20, 30, 40, (insert arbitrary number here) with the same start date. That's the large group all starting the same day.

However, after orientation and the first week, that large group will be broken down into groups of no more than 10 - "schoolcar classes". Classes will be arranged depending on the division the classes are going to (ie A and B division classes are NEVER mixed), and after that...randomly.

So more than 10 will likely start in September, but after that first week when you get broken down into your "schoolcar class" there will likely be no more than 10 in your group from that point on. You may have a "sibling" class that you will take tests with or go to big training events with, but for the most part you will only be with your class of maximum 10 after that first week.

Good luck to all going in for final processing - remember to have your paperwork in order and your story straight for the doctors.

You don't get to choose which Division to initially train in? And do you get to train in both divisions?

Hopefully by the time they get to my number it will be for A Div, the only letters I'm closest to are the B/D and A. Everything else is sooo far. The 1, 2 and 4 are my "home lines".

Archived