Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

I went in for the drug test on Aug. 25th so I called HR to find out when to go redo it. I was told that the drug test is good for 90 days for Conductors exam. And I was also told that last hire was 314. She asked my list number which is 362 and she looked it up and told me that there are 27 people ahead of me and that there's 30 vacancies for the Oct. 31st class. So that I should be called for medical very soon. How there's only 27 people ahead of me from 314 to 362 God only knows but it's all good with me.:)

You need to call them back because no title has a 90 day expiration date for urine test. So please speak to someone else about that.

Well the person that I spoke to was the person on charge of "Conductor Exams" from what I was told. I actually had to call back because I called at 8am and the person I spoke to told me to call after 9 and ask for another lady in charge of Conductor questions.

You need to call them back because no title has a 90 day expiration date for urine test. So please speak to someone else about that.

Just spoke to another person and she told me that it's good for 30 days and that I will need to take it again once they call me. Seems like you can ask 3 times and get 3 different answers.

So I called DCAS and I received the following info from the automated system. Im 1,9xx out of 14,880. The last eligible certified was 624, the last eligible appointed was 176. I dont know what that means but I called to speak to a live rep and I was told that the info I received above was for the promo list. So I asked about the OC list and she told me that the last # called was 39. Thats hard to believe but if anyone can clear this up please help. Thank you

So I called DCAS and I received the following info from the automated system. Im 1,9xx out of 14,880. The last eligible certified was 624, the last eligible appointed was 176. I dont know what that means but I called to speak to a live rep and I was told that the info I received above was for the promo list. So I asked about the OC list and she told me that the last # called was 39. Thats hard to believe but if anyone can clear this up please help. Thank you

That's wrong information. They should be in the 400's as far as calling people off the 8094 list, and they are at least in the high 200's, maybe low 300's as far as last appointed.

Appointed is at 314...

Cr33 you obviously don't read the posts in this forum. If you did you would know the last # appointed was 314 . How could the numbers on the automated system be the promotional exam if that list was exhausted months ago ??? Use your noodle dude . There were less than 500 on the promotional so how could the last eligible certified on that list be 624????

Cr33 you obviously don't read the posts in this forum. If you did you would know the last # appointed was 314 . How could the numbers on the automated system be the promotional exam if that list was exhausted months ago ??? Use your noodle dude . There were less than 500 on the promotional so how could the last eligible certified on that list be 624????

It was his first post. He clearly mentioned that the above nonsence is what he was told over the phone so he asked the forum for clarification. The only people confused here are the silly representative he spoke with and you.

• Upvote 1

It was his first post. He clearly mentioned that the above nonsence is what he was told over the phone so he asked the forum for clarification. The only people confused here are the silly representative he spoke with and you.

I'm not confused at all . People should read the posts . You should try to stop being such a keyboard tough guy . If you have a problem with me let's talk about it outside the forums .

I'm not confused at all . People should read the posts . You should try to stop being such a keyboard tough guy . If you have a problem with me let's talk about it outside the forums .

Stop your nonsence, youre an insignificant muppet. Last thing you want is to bump into any real trouble with a guy like me in person just because you were frustrated at this poster for no reason. Plus its not about him reading scores of posts, the telephone representative gave him completely wrong info. Go back and read what he said and maybe think of an apology if you even have any courtesy. Either that or just dont post anything at all since youre being about as useless and stupid as the MTA's automated telephone service.

Yeah ok xentor your scare tactics are useless to me . You don't put fear in my heart .

Why don't you read the posts people that are in training now posted the last list #s reached as the ones in training are actully in school car and they are in the 300's

You are just a troublemaker you like to stir up controversy and unnecessary conflicts .

Oh and by the way genius nonsence is spelled nonsense in case you didn't know .

No one likes you on this forum so why don't you just stop posting your stupid and useless

Comments . You contribute nothing useful at all to the site. Why should I apologize ??? Was I wrong ??? Hmmmm maybe you should go back and read the posts again as you

Cannot comprehend what I said in my post.

Hey guys lets not get into any of that nonsense, this forum is to provide information for the C/R hiring process especially for those who might not be as informed as others. cr33pshow they're going to be doing 2-3 more classes this year for school car. Then from what I was told by my TSS they are going to be going through the open competitive list alot faster next year, as long as your in the top 2000 you should be good

Hey guys lets not get into any of that nonsense, this forum is to provide information for the C/R hiring process especially for those who might not be as informed as others. cr33pshow they're going to be doing 2-3 more classes this year for school car. Then from what I was told by my TSS they are going to be going through the open competitive list alot faster next year, as long as your in the top 2000 you should be good

What do you mean by the top 2000? As a point of reference to your post what does that mean for me who is in the 2100's and my friend who is in the 3200's as guesstimated timelines (i.e. next year or before the list expires).

Yes you are right . There are people on the forum who should read the posts so they don't keep asking the same old tired questions. There are also others who should mind their own business and stop instigating. I don't mean you ensoled.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to start anything but I was just asking because the info I received was different from what I read. Yes I did read the posts and then decided to call DCAS for more info. The info I received was completely diff from what I read and that's why I came here to get clarification. My list # is in the 19xx so I feel pretty confidant. Thanks guys for all the info and sorry for the confusion.

BTW the # I called that gave me all that info was 212-669-1357. If you are on the list call that # and listen to what the automated system says.

BTW the # I called that gave me all that info was 212-669-1357. If you are on the list call that # and listen to what the automated system says.

Don't worry man you'll be ok with a list number in that range. TA will usually call up to just about 3000 names off a C/R O/C list. So your chances are very good to get a call. But don't be checking your mailbox anytime soon. I would say around this time to Dec of next year expect to hear something. And since no one really took time to explain the DCAS crap to you I will. Last certified just means the list number of last person's name they sent to TA for potential hiring. And last appointed is the list number of the last person hired. Now DCAS's automated hotline can sometimes lag behind on weekends and nights from where TA is actually at, especially since TA has taken over their own civil service exams now. Just continue to come here for the latest information on any exams you may have taken.

Once the MTA starts getting into the high numbers is usually when they sporadically begin incorporating their ridiculous 1-3 rule so as to actually contact a large number of applicants. So no list number is really safe in reality. Cant see why Transits puts people through that crap on O/C lists.

Once the MTA starts getting into the high numbers is usually when they sporadically begin incorporating their ridiculous 1-3 rule so as to actually contact a large number of applicants. So no list number is really safe in reality. Cant see why Transits puts people through that crap on O/C lists.

I know that somewhere on this or another thread that the 1- 3 rule has been explained, but maybe this is a good time to go over it again. Briefly!;)

This website explaisn the 1 in 3 rule.

http://www.cs.state.ny.us/jobseeker/faq/scorenotices.cfm

Interestly, I just got a 1 in 3 letter the other day from the NYC Law Dept. for a position I applied to. I was expecting it since one of the interviews I had with them (there were 3) went bad and became quite awkward. The guy interviewing me got angry that I did not list my HS diploma on my resume even though I have a bachelors degree! I'm surprised they took that long to send the letter...

I was wondering if anyone here had a guesstimate (come on, this is the (MTA) here, even estimates are subject to change) on when they will get to my number (968)?

As of now my mom and I have plans to move out of NYC to Boston next summer to be closer to the family but I'm open to coming back to/staying in NY if need be.

I was wondering if anyone here had a guesstimate (come on, this is the (MTA) here, even estimates are subject to change) on when they will get to my number (968)?

As of now my mom and I have plans to move out of NYC to Boston next summer to be closer to the family but I'm open to coming back to/staying in NY if need be.

I would say by Spring or Mid-Summer, but always call the MTA H.R employment line to see what number they are up to.