Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck, Mike! Hopefully I won't be far behind - my list # is in the mid 400's.

The two things that are haunting me now are that:

1. I just got a jury duty summons in the mail this week, and

2. I'm scheduled to be getting married in another part of the country during probation.

Should I be worried much?

Good Luck, Mike! Hopefully I won't be far behind - my list # is in the mid 400's.

The two things that are haunting me now are that:

1. I just got a jury duty summons in the mail this week, and

2. I'm scheduled to be getting married in another part of the country during probation.

Should I be worried much?

Thanks...I'm not to sure about the Jury Duty but from what I've read on this forum, taking time off during probation is a big no no. Hopefully all works out.

Was wondering if I should fill out forms in my benefits packet before my first day of orientation or should I wait until I'm there? My interviewer just told me to bring the folder in with me on my first day but didn't say to fill anything out.

Thanks

Was wondering if I should fill out forms in my benefits packet before my first day of orientation or should I wait until I'm there? My interviewer just told me to bring the folder in with me on my first day but didn't say to fill anything out.

Thanks

Somebody from Benefits will go and explain each form that needs to be filled out. I waited til I got there to fill them out so I made sure I was entering the information they needed correctly.

Thanks

No, you'll want to wait to do that so the benefits people can explain the coverage options to you in detail. And you'll want to ask questions about dependent coverage and spousal coverage as well if these are needed by you. But whatever you do, DO NOT pick american dental for your dental coverage. Choose plan B the dental shop. You don't want to have to be stuck going to american dental centers with all the other welfare recipients and shit. and being worked on by quacks.

No, you'll want to wait to do that so the benefits people can explain the coverage options to you in detail. And you'll want to ask questions about dependent coverage and spousal coverage as well if these are needed by you. But whatever you do, DO NOT pick american dental for your dental coverage. Choose plan B the dental shop. You don't want to have to be stuck going to american dental centers with all the other welfare recipients and shit. and being worked on by quacks.

^ What he said. This is good advice.

Just wait. It's not like you get anything extra for doing it early. If you have questions you can ask before you fill it out when you're there.

However you should *look* at the packet. For healthcare, you can check if your doctor accepts the plans proposed (which for many people is a key component of picking a plan) - the best way to do this is to actually CALL your doctor - don't rely on the online directories...they are usually only updated every 6 months so the information may not be current.

Has anyone who went for the drug test on Sept. 8th taken their medical yet? I have heard nothing since I went to 180 Livingston on Sept. 8. Will we be called in November once the Oct. 31st class starts? I always thought it was supposed to be 30 days from your drug test until your medical, but I am quickly approaching the 60 day mark.

Archived