Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of sheer curiosity, has anyone that cares to say, been presented with the dreaded 1-3 letter? It states something along the lines of "you were considered for this position but at this time were sorry about your dam luck" Basically it's the MTA's way of dumping you for no reason they care to tell. Someone says a number of people have been issued this letter especially on list 8006.

Just out of sheer curiosity, has anyone that cares to say, been presented with the dreaded 1-3 letter? It states something along the lines of "you were considered for this position but at this time were sorry about your dam luck" Basically it's the MTA's way of dumping you for no reason they care to tell. Someone says a number of people have been issued this letter especially on list 8006.
yes im one of hundreds that got the 1-3 letter on 8006 but has anybody got this letter for conductor im about 150 away to be called reply if you heard anything if i strike out 2 times with this 1-3 letter time to rally and protest this rule:mad:

Is the list moving? I'm patiently wait'n to be notified..sick of temp'n for DOE. Anyone who has any info plz post. Thank u!

Class of 30 C/R's starting next week is the latest...rumor has it going to Division B, but unconfirmed as of yet. They should be filling a November class soon.

Originally Posted by rr4567:

Last certified: 624

How was that possible? I'm 623...I'm still waiting. How did I get skipped?!!

Ok ok ok...b4 I assume the worst...does "certified" mean that they sent out notification when to come in for the who process of interviewing? I'm a bit confused here.

...does "certified" mean that they sent out notification when to come in for the who process of interviewing? I'm a bit confused here.

No. A certified eligible is someone who is within the requested hiring range, in this case list numbers 1-624. 625 and above are not within the hiring range so they're not a certified eligible unless the MTA requests to expand the list above 624.

No. A certified eligible is someone who is within the requested hiring range, in this case list numbers 1-624. 625 and above are not within the hiring range so they're not a certified eligible unless the MTA requests to expand the list above 624.

Ok...so it'll be a while til I get a notice in mail to come in?

They can't eliminate conductors without the approval of the union. All trains longer than 300 feet MUST have a conductor. This is why the OPTO experiment on the L several years ago was shut down by the arbitrator.

There are 3 critieria that must be met for a train to lawfully run OPTO:

1. It must be 300 feet or shorter

2. The stations must be "low traffic"

3. OPTO may only run during off peak hours

Is it to unsafe to operate trains with one person in NYC .

This will never be allowed to happen. How can a train operator act as both ?

Where would he be positioned ? How can a to see the length of the train and

Operate safely on a 10 car train ??? Its just not possible.

They can't eliminate conductors without the approval of the union. All trains longer than 300 feet MUST have a conductor. This is why the OPTO experiment on the L several years ago was shut down by the arbitrator.

Just because the title of Conductor could be elimiated does not mean that no one would be performing the duties which are presently under the title of Conductor. It doesn't mean some massive layoffs of C/Rs are going to happen; they're not.

Just because the title of Conductor could be elimiated does not mean that no one would be performing the duties which are presently under the title of Conductor. It doesn't mean some massive layoffs of C/Rs are going to happen; they're not.

Opto will never work in a busy city like NYC . Too many safety risks .

Archived