Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty high, 2900-3000. But with property protection agent she's like #170-185. Either way in a short time she will be a TA employee. Right now she's working as a School Safety Agent for the NYPD. So she should no problem when it comes to the background check given that the NYPD's is much more thorough than the MTA's.

Does the NYPD job count towards the same pension as NYCT? In other words, taking a job as School Safety Agent, you would already start the clock on the 25/55?

No, it does not count. NYPD is a city agency. The MTA is a state agency. Your time does not roll over. Now if you went from the NYPD to a different city agency like FDNY, that is a different story. But not the MTA.

Donald!!!!!!!, see what I'm talking about??? your giving a answer to a question and you don't know the real answer. The MTA is a quasi State/City agency. NYCT hourly employees are technically city employees, that's why DCAS administers exams for our titles. And we have NYCERS administer our pension. So to the person that originally asked the question your time does roll over from school safety agent (NYPD). In fact lots of S/A's with less time than me on the job didn't get laid off because they had time served on their pension with traffic enforcement agent, school safety and a number of other city jobs. Donald I've asked you to stop doing this but you continue to give false information. You have proven to be a unreliable source of information to the users of this forums many times over. So I'll ask once again, If you don't know the answer to someone's question 100%, don't answer it with what you think is the correct answer Okay??.

Does the NYPD job count towards the same pension as NYCT? In other words, taking a job as School Safety Agent, you would already start the clock on the 25/55?

Yes the time does rollover. And in fact many S/A's with less time than me didn't get laid off because they had served time as a school safety agent or traffic agent and a number of other city jobs. NYCT hourly employees are technically considered city employees because we work in the city primarily and the tracks are located in the city. This is also the reason DCAS administers the exams for our civil service titles.

Donald!!!!!!!, see what I'm talking about??? your giving a answer to a question and you don't know the real answer. The MTA is a quasi State/City agency. NYCT hourly employees are technically city employees, that's why DCAS administers exams for our titles. And we have NYCERS administer our pension. So to the person that originally asked the question your time does roll over from school safety agent (NYPD). In fact lots of S/A's with less time than me on the job didn't get laid off because they had time served on their pension with traffic enforcement agent, school safety and a number of other city jobs. Donald I've asked you to stop doing this but you continue to give false information. You have proven to be a unreliable source of information to the users of this forums many times over. So I'll ask once again, If you don't know the answer to someone's question 100%, don't answer it with what you think is the correct answer Okay??.

wow that was a bit UNCANNY indeed. It's like he was sure he knew but yet he didn't know. It's like when someone is sure they aced a test and somehow it comes back with a few wrong answers. Either way it was probably an honest mistake.

No I doubt it was an honest mistake. He does that type of stuff all the time. He clearly didn't know what he was talking about, yet he went on to answer the question in confidence like he knew the answer. And it's exactly that behavior that he projects that causes him so much grief from other members. I've asked him to stop doing that but he won't listen. If I don't really know the answer to someone's question, I will say someone correct me if I'm wrong. But 90% of the time I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately he's proven a lot less accuracy in his intel.

Well, I heard from a reliable source that time does not roll over. I apologize if I was wrong.

Well whom ever told you that, that you consider a reliable source is not so reliable. And doesn't know what they talking about. What you should have said in your post was this is what someone informed you of, and asked someone to correct you if you were wrong. But instead you just posted the answer as if you knew first hand, and this is the reason why so many users check you on here.

Almost all city agencies with a few exceptions

such as DOE are plugged into the nycers pension

system . Mta also users nycers so time does count

from agency to agency as long as nycers is being used

as their pension system . So Donald you are 100% wrong

you shouldn't post any info you are so unreliable .

Almost all city agencies with a few exceptions

such as DOE are plugged into the nycers pension

system . Mta also users nycers so time does count

from agency to agency as long as nycers is being used

as their pension system . So Donald you are 100% wrong

you shouldn't post any info you are so unreliable .

Well said primo. I don't like starting stuff with people, but this guy has proven himself very unreliable over and over again. People come on this section of the forum for reliable information. I've suggested to him many times to just not answer the question if he doesn't know the answer to it.

Well said primo. I don't like starting stuff with people, but this guy has proven himself very unreliable over and over again. People come on this section of the forum for reliable information. I've suggested to him many times to just not answer the question if he doesn't know the answer to it.

Dude I can tell you RIGHT NOW what the problem is and why this keeps happening so frequently. I actually noticed this quite a while ago and no one pointed it out.

I just randomly decided to call the DCAS automated hotline today. And according to them the last number appointed on the promo list is 240, but I know that's incorrect cause my number was 244 and my friend who's number is 245 is already in school car. Last someone posted on here they were up to list number 316. Either way all you O/C people won't have to wait too much longer. Maybe another 4-6 months before they start sending out pre-employment letters to the top scorers.

I sure hope they open up the O/C list this year. Alex said a few weeks ago they were up to 316 and plan to hire 65 more between now and the end of May. So by June 1st, they should be up to, if not past, list #381. Again, all this info came fro Alex, so I am not spreading false info.

How come I get yelled at for posting false info when Will recently posted a thread where he attributed his info to the "rumor mill"? The "rumor mill" certainly does not sound like a credible source of information if you ask me...

How come I get yelled at for posting false info when Will recently posted a thread where he attributed his info to the "rumor mill"? The "rumor mill" certainly does not sound like a credible source of information if you ask me...

Because I made it clear this is something that I heard from someone who is usually right. I didn't pass the info along as if it was 100% accurate and I didn't put full confidence in it. And the person was half right, the raises and retro go into effect on the last paycheck of this month, 4/28/2011. So at least this person was close to on point. Your info Donald is way off and very inaccurate. And you're also displaying your other bad habit. After you've been proven wrong you still try and resist the corrections. I really hope if you get hired for the C/R job you don't go into school car acting like a know it all. And resist the instructions and corrections that your training TSS gives you.

No I doubt it was an honest mistake. He does that type of stuff all the time. He clearly didn't know what he was talking about, yet he went on to answer the question in confidence like he knew the answer. And it's exactly that behavior that he projects that causes him so much grief from other members. I've asked him to stop doing that but he won't listen. If I don't really know the answer to someone's question, I will say someone correct me if I'm wrong. But 90% of the time I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately he's proven a lot less accuracy in his intel.

Will can you please stop fighting with donald before the thread gets closed? Can you stop attacking him? It makes you appear as a know it all. Sound familiar Will? Take your own advice.

Will can you please stop fighting with donald before the thread gets closed? Can you stop attacking him? It makes you appear as a know it all. Sound familiar Will? Take your own advice.

LOL, Touché. I was just trying to correct this lost soul in the error of his ways. But I'm gonna leave em alone. If I see his info is wrong I will just correct it, without attacking him.

Archived