Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

What the F*&K you need a year of security experience to take the exam ?? What kind of sh!t is this ???

http://mta.info/nyct..._exams/2617.pdf

Well TPPA's are considered security guards, and thus need to obtain a security license and maintain it their entire time in that title. I mean you're going to find many security jobs in the city that pay almost $25/hour at top pay and start at $17/hour. If you don't qualify apply for another exam. I'm still contemplating if I should take the exam. I have 5 years security experience, and obviously I have the 3 years as a Station Agent to qualify. I just need to work on a carry permit and CDL license.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the TA delays the next round of C/R and T/O exams, would that extend the life of the current lists? Then again, there's still a year or two to go before MTA even has to think about the next C/R exam. The next T/O exam probably wouldnt be for another 3-4 years anyway, at least in theory...

Well like I said, this is what I heard from someone, don't know how true it is. We'll just have to wait and see.

According to another thread, one class just finished up and there may be another one still going on currently. What divisions theyre going to, I'm not sure...

I'm wondering if theres a trend on which division the C/R's are going? I'm selfishly hoping that the A division will need more C/R's when my time comes. I'm within about 30 minutes from the (1)(2)(4)(5) and (6) terminals and most of their yards. The crew office would just love me. :lol:

So they alternate Divisons?

Just received my callback to finish the medical process & turn in the 21pg application book for Monday, the 14th of May. The lady stated that there will be a class starting May 21st for those coming in on the 14th to finish up. Wondering if I'm likely to be in Division A or B once training is complete?

Just received my callback to finish the medical process & turn in the 21pg application book for Monday, the 14th of May. The lady stated that there will be a class starting May 21st for those coming in on the 14th to finish up. Wondering if I'm likely to be in Division A or B once training is complete?

You will more than likely know your second day of orientation if you're going to be in either the A or B Division. Nonetheless, good luck with everything on Monday :)

Well recently, they've been sending most of the recent classes over to the A since most of the retirees have been coming from there but with the class that started this week going over to the B, who knows what their needs are now.

You will more than likely know your second day of orientation if you're going to be in either the A or B Division. Nonetheless, good luck with everything on Monday :)

They'll tell you the first day of orientation if that class is going to be either A or B or both.

Ok, i love the movement that i am seeing but what list numbers are you guys n gals that are starting shcool car?

My list #623. Yes..there has been some good progress lately with the list moving right along in a moderate pace. First time I was @ 180 Livingston, I met a guy who's list # was 630..and there were quite a few people there with me that morning..guess-estimating 30-40. I'm sure I'll see them again in schoolcar training. ????

Werent they at 503 about a month and a half ago? Things are speeding up indeed...

Good luck on Monday YDove.

Thanks! Actually if u go back a couple pages in the thread, someone posted that the last appointed was #601. Either way I'm happy that MTA has been moving the list right along at this pace. I wish everyone the best of luck when it's yur turn to go to 180 Livingston. ????????

Do ya think they'll be getting to the 700's by next month if the pace continue's ???

At the current clip, probably so. If my calculations are right, about 80 or so applicants have been contacted in the past month and people in the 630s are being processed now.

He means three years since the list was established. The list was established in August of 2009, so it's coming up on three years since the list has been out. But they only just started calling O/C list numbers since April or May of last year, so there's still another three years for this current list to be open. So they contacted about 650 in one year, that's pretty good, if that rate keeps up they should get to about list number 2600 at least before the list expires. But expect for them to be really picky in the last year of the list, so they can weed a lot of people out.

He means three years since the list was established. The list was established in August of 2009, so it's coming up on three years since the list has been out. But they only just started calling O/C list numbers since April or May of last year, so there's still another three years for this current list to be open. So they contacted about 650 in one year, that's pretty good, if that rate keeps up they should get to about list number 2600 at least before the list expires. But expect for them to be really picky in the last year of the list, so they can weed a lot of people out.

A lot of C/R's went up front took promos to other titles..

Just called HR last # hired was 609 !!! They are probably somewhere in the 640's

Correct me if I'm wrong..appointed & hired means the same thing. Then a little good news for those patiently wait'n for their letters & callbacks. I have been sworn in & appointed this past Monday. I start schoolcar training on the 21st of May. Good luck everyone, your time will soon arrive. ????????

Archived