Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aHHH well It's too late for me I know I posted mine up here. You think they'll get to the upper 700's in like a month and a half ??

im assuming more like august. from the i recieved from hr, another class should start around the 25th of june, 20-30 people. the class that started last monday, 21st, is around 630's-640's. im 653 and was told i might be apart of that class at the end june, so......but they have been moving, not fast or slow but steady. just my assumptions. i know how you feel this waiting sucks, especially when you are excited about the job.

im assuming more like august. from the i recieved from hr, another class should start around the 25th of june, 20-30 people. the class that started last monday, 21st, is around 630's-640's. im 653 and was told i might be apart of that class at the end june, so......but they have been moving, not fast or slow but steady. just my assumptions. i know how you feel this waiting sucks, especially when you are excited about the job.

FYI: The last person appointed & my classmate was 631. No class members of mine are in the 640s for us who started schoolcar on the May 21st. #justsayn

Right on! So the info given by hr is not just BS to get us to stop calling. Im really hoping im in that next class too, anxiety is killing me. thanks for your updates YDove, keep'em coming. I was reluctant to ask you if you had any info in regards classmates #'s.

Right on! So the info given by hr is not just BS to get us to stop calling. Im really hoping im in that next class too, anxiety is killing me. thanks for your updates YDove, keep'em coming. I was reluctant to ask you if you had any info in regards classmates #'s.

Yeah..it's a mixed group of 500s & 600s. The highest # is 51x..seniority wise. And as I mentioned earlier 631 is the lowest. Those with high numbers had personal circumstances to put their number on hold & reenlist at a later date. Plus pay close attention to what those veterans are posting about the 1 in 3 rule & medical holds. It will help u a lot when it's your turn for the pre-employment process.

Yeah..it's a mixed group of 500s & 600s. The highest # is 51x..seniority wise. And as I mentioned earlier 631 is the lowest. Those with high numbers had personal circumstances to put their number on hold & reenlist at a later date. Plus pay close attention to what those veterans are posting about the 1 in 3 rule & medical holds. It will help u a lot when it's your turn for the pre-employment process.

I'd suggest anyone close to be called get a full physical evaluation by your own doctor in advanced. For blood pressure, hearing, vision, diabetes if you have it or any other illness. So it can rebut whatever the TA quacks may happen to find and try to put you on a medical hold for.

I'd suggest anyone close to be called get a full physical evaluation by your own doctor in advanced. For blood pressure, hearing, vision, diabetes if you have it or any other illness. So it can rebut whatever the TA quacks may happen to find and try to put you on a medical hold for.

How about weight?

what is the 1 in 3 rule? not sure if it was posted earlier in another post, but brief clarification would be appreciated.

I've dropped 40 lbs since Jan 2011 (231 lbs down to 191 lbs) , I'm on Amlodipine for blood pressure, and I go to the gym at least 3 times per week. I feel more energized than I've ever felt in my 34 years on earth! My blood work 7 months ago showed slightly elevated cholesterol - but hopefully that's gone down since. And no matter how much I try to quit, I still smoke. Ironically, I fear a clerical error will keep me out and not medical issues. All I can do is take care of myself and pray!

I've dropped 40 lbs since Jan 2011 (231 lbs down to 191 lbs) , I'm on Amlodipine for blood pressure, and I go to the gym at least 3 times per week. I feel more energized than I've ever felt in my 34 years on earth! My blood work 7 months ago showed slightly elevated cholesterol - but hopefully that's gone down since. And no matter how much I try to quit, I still smoke. Ironically, I fear a clerical error will keep me out and not medical issues. All I can do is take care of myself and pray!

That's amazing man, congrats! I recently went through the same thing last year. I was about 220 and i drop down to 170, it was incredibly hard but i felt my health was more important. Unfortunately, I gained some, not all, of it back, because of stress. I do not know the particulars of weight requirements for this positon or for the MTA in general but i have taken numerous test where physicality was important, therefore, ones weight is the deciding factor in overall health. Remain active and you will be ok. Generally speaking, smoking is your biggest hurdle, I know it is for most people. good luck!

Anyone else get their call back today for final processing on june 7th. anyone know or for those who already went through this, what is the time frame between final processing, without any holds or discrepencies, does training/schoolcar?

You'll be fine then, you don't have much to worry about.

what is the 1 in 3 rule? not sure if it was posted earlier in another post, but brief clarification would be appreciated.

1 In 3 rule is just what it sounds like. TA can basically choose the best one candidate out of every three. I don't know how they determine that, but that's what the rule boils down to. So it's basically like you competing against the person in front and back of you on the list,

Anyone else get their call back today for final processing on june 7th. anyone know or for those who already went through this, what is the time frame between final processing, without any holds or discrepencies, does training/schoolcar?

Final process goes by quickly but you'll be there all day. When I went in I left when the place closed down..only person around was security. Lol So be prepared, eat a hearty breakfast, bring plenty of snacks & water/drinks. During the medical process try not to give them too much info that they'll use against u & put u on hold.

Good luck, pay attention, ask questions, read yur material & have fun! Because I'm enjoying it everyday!! ????

Final process goes by quickly but you'll be there all day. When I went in I left when the place closed down..only person around was security. Lol So be prepared, eat a hearty breakfast, bring plenty of snacks & water/drinks. During the medical process try not to give them too much info that they'll use against u & put u on hold.

Good luck, pay attention, ask questions, read yur material & have fun! Because I'm enjoying it everyday!!

im used to "hurry up and wait." but i was really asking, are you told that you do or dont have issues right there on the spot, and if no issues are you told about the next step/ schoolcar training?

im used to "hurry up and wait." but i was really asking, are you told that you do or dont have issues right there on the spot, and if no issues are you told about the next step/ schoolcar training?

No, if any red flags pop up, they're almost more than happy to have their quacks let you know right on the spot. So it won't be anything to worry about once you're sworn in and i school car.

whats the difference btween train operators and conductors or are they the same person? i see alot of acronyms and have no clue what they mean.

On a typical passenger train, the train operator is at the front driving the train. The conductor would be the one at the middle making announcements, opening and closing the doors, and viewing the platform.

There are also flagging conductors, which are on the track with the red/yellow/green flags and handheld lights which signal to a train operator to slow down through a construction site; and platform conductors, which basically are "extra eyes" for a conductor on the train. Platform conductors, however, remain at a particular station, and are not on the train. Platform conductors can be seen at Grand Central on the (4)(5)(6) during rush hours waving a small flashlight which is used as an indication to close the doors to the train crew.

Archived