Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

if no red flags, are you sworn in/ appointed during final processing? just out of curiosity.

YES!! to sworn in you have to be appointed first. All of this will on happen on the final processing day hence the name. After you're sworn in you'll be given a start date (usually 2 weeks), and directed to the pass unit to have your picture taken for your pass.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day all, quick question: If you can't obtain all your exact dates of employments will this be a issue on the paper work side? Even if you went to SS office and paid for a history report and it just has the years listed.

On a typical passenger train, the train operator is at the front driving the train. The conductor would be the one at the middle making announcements, opening and closing the doors, and viewing the platform.

There are also flagging conductors, which are on the track with the red/yellow/green flags and handheld lights which signal to a train operator to slow down through a construction site; and platform conductors, which basically are "extra eyes" for a conductor on the train. Platform conductors, however, remain at a particular station, and are not on the train. Platform conductors can be seen at Grand Central on the (4)(5)(6) during rush hours waving a small flashlight which is used as an indication to close the doors to the train crew.

Right, ok so the train operator is a step up from conductor

Good day all, quick question: If you can't obtain all your exact dates of employments will this be a issue on the paper work side? Even if you went to SS office and paid for a history report and it just has the years listed.

Do your best with the dates. I had the same issue but I filled out as I would do on my resume if I didn't know the exact day..so month & year is good enough as long as I filled in the gaps. Remember this: first application is 10yrs of employment, then the 21-page application is from the time u graduated high school. If u have a long list of employment like I did..use basic white printer paper or u'll get teased like I did by using notebook paper & 'how I rip'd pages out my kids notebook'..mind u I don't have any kids. Either way save yurself a bit of embarrassment. Smh

whats the difference btween train operators and conductors or are they the same person? i see alot of acronyms and have no clue what they mean.

T/O means Train Operator.

C/R means Conductor.

IRT means Division A; all the number trains.

BMT/IND means Division B; all the letter trains.

RTO means Rapid Transit Operation.

If u get into schoolcar it gets worse & very confusing with acronyms but that's the lingo in MTA. So u gotta pay attention & be hip to it. Make flash cards, take notes & ask plenty of questions.

Do your best with the dates. I had the same issue but I filled out as I would do on my resume if I didn't know the exact day..so month & year is good enough as long as I filled in the gaps. Remember this: first application is 10yrs of employment, then the 21-page application is from the time u graduated high school. If u have a long list of employment like I did..use basic white printer paper or u'll get teased like I did by using notebook paper & 'how I rip'd pages out my kids notebook'..mind u I don't have any kids. Either way save yurself a bit of embarrassment. Smh

Thanks for the response YDove C. It's actually for my wife. I will let her know.

anyone recieve a call last week for final processing on the 7th/tomorrow, but was rescheduled for another date? i called to confirm my appt for tomorrow but they seemed to be confused as to who they spoke to about rescheduling. i hope i dont get turned away tomorrow and told to come on a different day.

anyone recieve a call last week for final processing on the 7th/tomorrow, but was rescheduled for another date? i called to confirm my appt for tomorrow but they seemed to be confused as to who they spoke to about rescheduling. i hope i dont get turned away tomorrow and told to come on a different day.

Did they tell you to come in anyway when you called?

If so, whatever time they told you to show up, I'd get there an hour early if I were you. That way you'll be the first person they'll see and you won't be wasting too much time, regardless if they turn you away or not.

Best of luck!

yea, when i gave my name they seemed confused, asked me if i recieved a voicemail regarding the matter, then the guy said to go with the original appt showtime, and that is exactly what i am going to do, just show up. i was just curious if they were jerking anyone else around.

thx, thx for the previous info. Cant wait, im excited, ready to learn as much as i can.

For those waiting; there werent to many people, from what i can tell, that was processing for conductor today. i say that because i recognized a few faces from the first/initial processing day. thats not to say not a alot of people is in this upcoming class, because i mentioned earlier that hr was recheduling people for there processing dates.

Starting pay last for one year, just like probation. You will get a dollar raise on your anniversary date. Then about a two to three dollars raise on your second anniversary and then the full rate on your third anniversary. All raises I mentioned are excluding what ever contractual raises that may happen in the future.

forget it. i found my answer to my last question. its an old post but if it still applies then no need to respond.

Well R33M0 first and foremost congrats and welcome to the family. Be sure not to take any voluntary OT your first probie year(you can find the answers to this from many of posts here), be sure to only call out sick if you're drop dead sick, don't be late and be sure to invest your money ASAP in the 401K and 457B plans, because your pension won't be enough at retirement time. And to answer your things may have change slightly since I've seen some jobs now state 4 years to top pay rather than 3 years. When I started it was 3 years to top pay and my pay scale went like so starting pay (S/A $ 2006)15.92, after one year $16.98-$18.19 with contractual raise, after 2 years $21.22, after 3 years (top pay in 2009)$24.72, now currently $27.50. So for you it may be a little bit different so you'll just have to wait and see. But the first raise is usually only $1, and you'll get that raise on the first or second check after your anniversary. And you'll get whatever retroactive pay is due to you from when you made the one year mark. But also as you quoted me in a previous post, all of of these pay scales are prior to whatever contractual raises we may or may not get in the future. Currently top pay for a C/R is $27.81/hr.

Well R33M0 first and foremost congrats and welcome to the family. Be sure not to take any voluntary OT your first probie year(you can find the answers to this from many of posts here), be sure to only call out sick if you're drop dead sick, don't be late and be sure to invest your money ASAP in the 401K and 457B plans, because your pension won't be enough at retirement time. And to answer your things may have change slightly since I've seen some jobs now state 4 years to top pay rather than 3 years. When I started it was 3 years to top pay and my pay scale went like so starting pay (S/A $ 2006)15.92, after one year $16.98-$18.19 with contractual raise, after 2 years $21.22, after 3 years (top pay in 2009)$24.72, now currently $27.50. So for you it may be a little bit different so you'll just have to wait and see. But the first raise is usually only $1, and you'll get that raise on the first or second check after your anniversary. And you'll get whatever retroactive pay is due to you from when you made the one year mark. But also as you quoted me in a previous post, all of of these pay scales are prior to whatever contractual raises we may or may not get in the future. Currently top pay for a C/R is $27.81/hr.

Thx for the info; that sounds about the same as what I was told by my interwiewer, I just sort of forgot her exact words because I was just excited to get the position. My wife and was going over that benefits package given and I most certainly do plan on investing.

Welcome !!! Keep yer nose clean listen learn everything else will fall into place Good Luck with KoolCar..

thank you, will try my best.

Archived