Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

I know it's aggrivating, but honestly don't even correct him. Some people seem to want to listen to him anyway, since like you said, when I point out everything he said being wrong, everyone gets on me. It's Harry's fault for not banning him, so if anyone gets screwed because they were naive enough to listen to him, let them blame Harry. That's why I will not post any more updates. Everyone here seems to want to be in the dark, and want to cry whenever the truth is pointed out to them.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

04-15-2011 11:10 PM

Harry Attention! The next person to restart the crap will be removed, banned, kicked from this thread. We appreciate the passion and enthusiasm on posting list news that is valuable to many people but this is getting out of hand.

Thank you Harry! :tup:

This definitely seems to be one of the most aggressively moderated forums I have ever posted on. Any little infraction and you get screamed at. I think I'm going to take an extended break from these forums. I will be back as soon as I get my pre-employment information from the MTA. Until then, over and out!

Although I will be lurking, and will re-surface if anyone talks trash about me...

Did you decide if you are going to take the Conductor promotion Will?

Nah, I decided to stay in the booth for now. I honestly never wanted to do the C/R job. I took the exam because it was the only one available at the time. Nothing against the job, it's just not for me. I took the T/O promo, but got DQ'ed because I didn't have that certificate TA and DCAS require for S/A's to promote to that title which I feel is silly, since they have a O/C test for the job. And anyone off the street can take the exam and get the job. But every July and January the union has the course for the certificate, so I will be taking it. So when the next T/O promo exam comes out I'll be good. Plus my number has almost been reached for Station Supervisor. So that may be another avenue I'll take as well.

When was the last station supervisor exam ? I thought that was a dead title .

2007, And a supervisors job can never be a dead title. But TA is trying to get rid of the level 2 supervisors title. They just want you to be a S/S lvl 1 until you kiss enough ass to be offered the superintendent's title, LMAO. The list for it open for another year.

Lmao I thought they wouldn't hire any more supervisors just like they stopped hiring

Atd's, tower operators and other positions

Nah, S/S's are needed by TA. Especially since Stations department, broke from under RTO rule and went back to the way it was structured in the 80's. I used to see a supervisor maybe once or twice a week. And a superintendent like once every other month. Now I've seen them every single day since I've been back to work.

Nah, S/S's are needed by TA. Especially since Stations department, broke from under RTO rule and went back to the way it was structured in the 80's. I used to see a supervisor maybe once or twice a week. And a superintendent like once every other month. Now I've seen them every single day since I've been back to work.

Is that because there was a change in procedures down there or are there more station supervisors?

Is that because there was a change in procedures down there or are there more station supervisors?

Well ever since the they changed the name from Stations Operations to Station Environment, they would have one supervisor for cleaners and one for station agents. Since they are changing back to the old ways there is just one supervisor for both cleaners and agents. So that leaves more of them on the road now. And also ever since walder shook up management. Anyone who doesn't have any managerial degree background is being bumped down to their previous title. Most of them got those jobs thru favors of people they knew in high places.

Well ever since the they changed the name from Stations Operations to Station Environment, they would have one supervisor for cleaners and one for station agents. Since they are changing back to the old ways there is just one supervisor for both cleaners and agents. So that leaves more of them on the road now. And also ever since walder shook up management. Anyone who doesn't have any managerial degree background is being bumped down to their previous title. Most of them got those jobs thru favors of people they knew in high places.

So basically its all about cost cutting by clearing out some employees.

So basically its all about cost cutting by clearing out some employees.

No, the same amount of supervisors are still employed, your just going to see more of them. On average I have 2 calling me asking me if cleaners showed for the job. Or two poping up or a superintendent passing by as well.

Hi Harry, are you there? I asked a simple question and got insulted. Please carry out what you said you were goinng to do in your warning:

Attention! The next person to restart the crap will be removed, banned, kicked from this thread. We appreciate the passion and enthusiasm on posting list news that is valuable to many people but this is getting out of hand.

Hi Harry, are you there? I asked a simple question and got insulted. Please carry out what you said you were goinng to do in your warning:

hi harry, im the forum idiot and want you to protect my stupidity like the good liberal you are. go away donald.

Archived