Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little confused, I also went in for drug testing on June 27th, and I received a letter recently that looks identical to the one I received the first time. It also has the pre-employment application I filled out last time I was there. So what is the deal, am I repeating that whole process again or is this my medical day where I bring in that huge booklet they gave me last time?

when you go it will be an all day process. Get there early. Carry a light lunch or snacks. You'll have to go hand in all your documents and that full history packet they gave you to fill out.

Once they start processing you for your medical, they'll have you get on one of the computers and fill out two surveys pertaining to your medical history. After that a nurse will call you in and take your weight and blood pressure (make sure you don't get annoyed at waiting long because it could mess you up here).

Once they're done with the basic checks, they will start doing the other exams, EKG, urine test for diabetes, vision exam which will also check for color blindness and peripheral vision and finally the hearing test in the "sound isolated" booth.

After they've finished all the exams (which they might or might not do all in one shot) you'll go back to the waiting room and wait for the doctor. Once the doctor calls you in, she or he will look over the exam results and the two surveys you filled out on the computer. If they need clarification they'll dig a bit deeper but you should still be good. They will then do a quick physical, check your balance and other doctor stuff.

If you passed, they'll sign off on you and send you back to the main desk and hand them the doctors note. They will then bring you into the interviewers room and process your paperwork, tell you about the job, what it entails, the 24/7 demand it has, if all checks out then you get your prints taken out and get your induction sheet which has your hire date, the date you need to go for school car. Then you'll finally get your photo taken for your ID which you'll get when you report to school car.

Wow this part sounds very similar to when I was doing my medical back in 1998 when I was enlisting in the Marines. I was arrived at 0600 and did not get done until about 1900 down at Fort Hamiltion.

Wow this part sounds very similar to when I was doing my medical back in 1998 when I was enlisting in the Marines. I was arrived at 0600 and did not get done until about 1900 down at Fort Hamiltion.

Word of advice when you get that 20 something page "packet" you got to fill out DO NOT LIE!!!!

They go back and check everything and i mean everything..

Good to hear they are hiring again they way some of these newbies are really screwing up they will need more bodies.. :(

Boy its really a meat grinder in rto eh? Know of any rookies that have been kicked out of the job lately?

I called DCAS a moment ago and I've now been finally placed on outstanding certification. I'm not expecting any letters any time soon. It does look like MTA is meaning to process quite a few people before the end of next year, whatever happened to that mini hiring freeze?

A letter for medical, interesting... You're somewhere in the 700s right?

As for the interview... It's not a traditional interview, you basically (among other things) hand in your papers, go over your info with the "interviewer", they tell you what the job is about, they take your picture, swear you in, and give you a start date (and more papers regarding the job)

From what I've read in this very thread, the medical process will be among the most nerve wracking experiences of your life. Those quacks can make or break your progress toward the job.

Best of luck!

Nobody told me what the job was about until I started school car. Heck, they did not even tell me what division I would be working in until the second day of orientation.

Some get to choose, some don't. Luck of the draw depending on needs of the service.

You won't find out if you get to choose or not until you've started.

If you do choose, you won't find out if YOU get to choose (people pick based on seniority and once one is full...rest to the other) until your name is called.

If you don't choose, you won't find out where you're going till after you start.

You have to be able to deal with uncertainty down here when you're new, and roll with the punches for a spell. A small price to pay for job security in an era of mass layoffs, disappearing pensions, weak benefits, etc.

Uncertainty is the name of the game. There was one class in the A Division which was sent back to schoolcar for the B after only 3 days out on their own! It may be a bit of an adventure if you're placed in a division on the other end from where you live, but you will learn it and be able to change once you have enough seniority to pick in the other division. It may help you long term to gain qualification and experience in both.

Can someone please let me know the number range they are in now? Congrats to everyone who is in the hiring process....

They should be in the 800s by now. I'm. 76* and people in that range. Last appointed should still be 708. October class is officially booked.

OK here's the deal my application is under review due to prior convictions that are dissmissed and sealed. I gave them the disposition papers. These were BS misdemeanor charges. Now my problem is I received a ticket years ago because a cop seen me walk up the stairs before I entered the above ground station with a lit cigarette. Stupid me thought you can walk up with one but you can't enter the station. Should I reveal that to them as well or should I let it rock? ?

My entire class was sent to the A div. Nobody chose. I guess they only let you chose if they split the class into both divisions.

No. They only let you choose when that class has both divisions needing people at that time. In your case, they only had A division needs at that time.

OK here's the deal my application is under review due to prior convictions that are dissmissed and sealed. I gave them the disposition papers. These were BS misdemeanor charges. Now my problem is I received a ticket years ago because a cop seen me walk up the stairs before I entered the above ground station with a lit cigarette. Stupid me thought you can walk up with one but you can't enter the station. Should I reveal that to them as well or should I let it rock? ?

Umm I would reveal the ticket for the lit cigarette. It will show up in your background investigation.. Remember they will continue looking into your background for about a year.

Umm I would reveal the ticket for the lit cigarette. It will show up in your background investigation.. Remember they will continue looking into your background for about a year.

Just because my app is being reviewed doesn't mean I'm getting disqualified rite ??

I wonder, does the MTA do the type of background checks that comply with section 606 of the fair credit report act? I just turned in a job application today that included a disclosure of consent application to comply with section 606. This type of background check also turns in a CREDIT REPORT along with the usual check for any criminal activity.

Just because my app is being reviewed doesn't mean I'm getting disqualified rite ??

I don't really don't know. They probably need more time to pull up your records that are sealed or dismmissed too match up with what you provided them. Records that are sealed or dismissed take longer to obtain. I do know that thier are certain misdemeanors that can get you disqualifed. They also have to consider how recent they were.

Archived