Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What number are they up to on the promotional C/R list?

Last number to be called for the April class was 387. We expect to finish thr promo list with the May class and to start calling from the O/C list for the end of June class.

Thanks Alex. You truly are the most helpful person on here! With a list # in the low 400s, do you think I will be hired this year?

You are something else. There's only 7 months left to the year, you do really think there going to call 400+ people that quick? You need to start thinking ahead before you write stupid questions and comments down on here, 'cause buddy you are a F'n clown.

Last number to be called for the April class was 387. We expect to finish thr promo list with the May class and to start calling from the O/C list for the end of June class.

Any info on what number they are up to on the T/O promo list?

You are something else. There's only 7 months left to the year, you do really think there going to call 400+ people that quick? You need to start thinking ahead before you write stupid questions and comments down on here, 'cause buddy you are a F'n clown.

Said the pot.

Got any info on what number they're up to on the conductor's list? :P

If you are reffering to O/C list then the number is zero. Quoted just above, Alex L says last number on promotional was 387 with expectations to finish off the list by May.

If you are reffering to O/C list then the number is zero. Quoted just above, Alex L says last number on promotional was 387 with expectations to finish off the list by May.

I was just joking. Made the joke based on the whole repetitive questioning thing. :P

Thanks Alex. You truly are the most helpful person on here! With a list # in the low 400s, do you think I will be hired this year?

Donald, Keep the faith. All things are possible with God. A blessed Sunday to all forum members.

Depends. Current projections have us hiring 80 people from the O/C list by the end of July. If we hire that many again in the remaining five months, you'll probably be close; if we hire double that (not unlikely consider current hiring rates), we might make it to #425 by year's end.

Please remember, we do not hire everyone on a list, especially an open-competitive one. People move, turn down the job, fail drug tests & medicals, etc, so we tend to move through the list rather quickly at times.

Depends. Current projections have us hiring 80 people from the O/C list by the end of July. If we hire that many again in the remaining five months, you'll probably be close; if we hire double that (not unlikely consider current hiring rates), we might make it to #425 by year's end.

Please remember, we do not hire everyone on a list, especially an open-competitive one. People move, turn down the job, fail drug tests & medicals, etc, so we tend to move through the list rather quickly at times.

Then I should start getting ready because I'm in the mid 100's on the o/c list. I hope your predictions are correct. Thank you.

Then I should start getting ready because I'm in the mid 100's on the o/c list. I hope your predictions are correct. Thank you.

Wether or not Alex's predictions are correct, its time for you to get ready if you are mid 100's.

Thank you Alex! Your posts r 2 the point and right on the money. I have read a lot of posts on this and other forums and getting off subject seems to be the norm. Bullying and name calling take the place of common sense and the need for information. Again,

thank you and keep up the good work.

I see that it is recommended to get "ready" if we are in the mid 100's on the O/C list. I was wondering what is there to get ready for as I also am in the mid 100's? And what does the medical process involve? Just a regular checkup and pee in the cup for a drug test? Sorry if these questions have been answered but I have not seen any postings on this. Thanks in advance.

Also I know the pay rate starts in the mid $40's what is the pay scale like for a conductor?

I see that it is recommended to get "ready" if we are in the mid 100's on the O/C list. I was wondering what is there to get ready for as I also am in the mid 100's? And what does the medical process involve? Just a regular checkup and pee in the cup for a drug test? Sorry if these questions have been answered but I have not seen any postings on this. Thanks in advance.

Also I know the pay rate starts in the mid $40's what is the pay scale like for a conductor?

Blood pressure check, EKG, hearing test, vision test, diabetes check, medical history interview with the Doctor before and after the testing.

Until the classes are actually confirmed and scheduled, no one should be getting ready for anything. It's almost 2 months away before the proposed first class. They have not gotten approval yet. The proposed class at the end of June can still be canceled or postponed.

Those medical examinations outlined above may really put roadblocks and possibly even screw up your chances of being hired. Personally I'd go on a bit of a health binge and even get a few checkups on my own prior to being called up, most especially if you smoke and are overweight as that just about guarantees you have some level of hypertension and are susceptible to diabetes. All your usual identification documents along with work history should be in check.

I guess part of "being ready" is knowing where you are on the list and what number they are up to more or less in that case you are not completely caught by surprise when your time comes.

Another ? , would a person get DQ if blood pressure is slightly elevated a bit higher around borderline or so,, not saying extremely high level though, and if so can someone appeal it,, im saying because sometimes im borderline and sometimes is a bit higher

Now this is a very useful subject. What are the parameters for passing the medical if one has diabetes or (and ) high blood pressure? In diabetics what is the acceptable A1C level? And over what time frame are they looking for? Is it 1 year or 6 months? :eek:

Now this is a very useful subject. What are the parameters for passing the medical if one has diabetes or (and ) high blood pressure? In diabetics what is the acceptable A1C level? And over what time frame are they looking for? Is it 1 year or 6 months? :eek:

You would need a A1C level of 7 over the last 3 months. And they want to know if you needed and increase in insulin intake in the last year. They ask a few other questions but those two are the most important.

Archived